Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

720cb99b7cc182f08eaf6cb3af2dd960.gif
    Love this pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Phoenix wrote: »
    Whiff of begrudgery here is unreal

Not everyone is going to like Conor's antics. He's entitled to play the prowrestling antics if he wants but not everyone will be amused by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Not everyone is going to like Conor's antics. He's entitled to play the prowrestling antics if he wants but not everyone will be amused by it.

I get that but there's putting forward a reasonable arguement and then there's some of the nonsense spouted on here. This thread has gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Love this pass

It's slick alight. When I tried to watch highlight clips this morning before work, they all showed the knock down then a magic jump-cut to McGregor in full mount, with no indication how he got there. Bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

floor wrote: »
    He is an embarrassment to ireland, he even sounds like a scumbag. katie taylor is someone i am very proud of am proud of but McGregor is just an other guy who is ruining the irish people in foreign lands. hes looks and sounds likes a psycho ....... great new stereotype for the irish people.

Even brock lesnar seems humble compared to this idiot.

https://twitter.com/katietaylor/status/557176771154812929

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I too would like to poo poo the achievements on the world stage of an Irish sportsman because of deep personal insecurities.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What's the cheapest way to fly to Vegas? I can go from Dublin or Belfast. Don't think there's a direct, probably have to go from London.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Siver only rated 10th cause it suited the UFC to help hype Connor,
    He's more likely around the 15 mark
    The UFC don't make the rankings.
    When Connor first fought in the UFC Siver was ranked higher.
    At his peak, he was ranked 3rd at FW.

Check out Siver vrs Cub to see Hiw he goes against the divisions current top 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

DrPhilG wrote: »
    What's the cheapest way to fly to Vegas? I can go from Dublin or Belfast. Don't think there's a direct, probably have to go from London.

IF YOU PLAN TO HIT VEGAS FOR MCGREGOR V ALDO, HERE'S THE CHEAPEST WAY TO DO IT

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SeanFrank

I too would like to poo poo the achievements on the world stage of an Irish sportsman because of deep personal insecurities.

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mellor wrote: »

Cub is no.5 if you count Aldo as no.1

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

The pay days,apart from the bonus' have not been announced...Conor said he was the best paid on the card..So what would have been his basic last night,best guess? Cowboy made 140k total the fight before last if Im not mistaken..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think Cowboy is on 70k show and 70k win while Conor is on 75k show and 75k win. Not sure what Bendo is on though, he would be the only other guy on the card coming close to that.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Cub is no.5 if you count Aldo as no.1
    Yeah you right, he was higher previously though. I think 3rd.
    I think Siver was 3rd overall (fight matrix)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pretty sure he gets $75k to show and $75k if he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Yeah you right, he was higher previously though. I think 3rd.
    I think Siver was 3rd overall (fight matrix)

I thought the champ wasn't included in the ranking i.e. the number one ranked is the number one contender or am I wrong?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think Cowboy is on 70k show and 70k win while Conor is on 75k show and 75k win. Not sure what Bendo is on though, he would be the only other guy on the card coming close to that.

That looks about right, although numbers could be up since then.
    The real value is future PPV earnings. He broken fight pass records, FoxSports records, most searched fighter eye.
    Al building up to the titke fight where he'll get a PPV cut, and most likely break the FW record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

So will yer man Aldo go all wobbly like a new born deer at the first graze of a box???

Can the ones whinging about begrudgers above link to who yer whinging about so we can all see who the begrudgers are??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I thought the champ wasn't included in the ranking i.e. the number one ranked is the number one contender or am I wrong?

Yeah this is correct, you don't count the Champion in the UFC rankings - 1 is number one contender etc etc.

The rankings don't count the champ as you say.
    But the top 3 in a division isn't always the same as rankings.
    Sometimes people are talkign about rankings, as in a "top 10 ranked fighter". And sometimes they mean the literal top 3 or 5.
    The top 3 is the champ, and the fighters at 1 & 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

_Jumper_ wrote: »
    So will yer man Aldo go all wobbly like a new born deer at the first graze of a box???

Can the ones whinging about begrudgers above link to who yer whinging about so we can all see who the begrudgers are??

Please learn something about the sport or just go away :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

moneyman wrote: »
    Please learn something about the sport or just go away :rolleyes:

I use to follow it when it first started but had to stop.

I use to follow it when it first started but had to stop.

When was this?
    Most of your comments have been a bit naive and clueless. No harm in that, everyone starts somewhere.
    You should try watch some more fights and understand a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

http://www.ufc.com/media/Free-Fight-Friday-Swanson-vs-Siver?redirect=no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Yer man Aldo hasn't tasted defeat in over Nine years, so It's a big ask for Conor to win. Aldo could batter down The Empire State Building his with leg kicks alone, but if anybody can dethrone the current King I feel Conor might just be that guy. Love him or loathe him, something very special about our Conor!

Love this pass

That was the highlight for me also. Watched it a bout 6 times yesterday.
    Woulder if a high res version can be got. Or slowed down even

Edit: BJ Penn high light reel

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

has this changed recently? It was my understanding that the UFC decided the rankings. Hence why so many journalists took them with a pinch of salt and why some say that the new payout under the reebok deal would be unfair?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Great win for McGregor. He looked completely in control throughout.

People go on about how they hate his attitude but I like how everything he does is with an awareness, almost like a self-parody. He clearly loves what he does and his honesty about this and his own ability is refreshing.

And underneath the clothes, posturing, baiting etc I really don't think he takes himself seriously at all. I think there's a basic humility and self-awareness there.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Wonder does Conor move up in rankings or stay at 5?
    Current FW rankings:
    C Aldo
    1 Mendes
    2 Edger
    3 Lamas
    4 Swanson
    5 McGregor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Beating a lower ranked foe shouldn't elevate him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement