Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Are you really as an MMA fan going to condone what was written? For a man that hates McGregor so much so spend alot of time in a thread about him posting about him.

I'm a passive fan of UFC, took an interest back in the days when Anderson Silva was in his peak...

McGregors antics are all fake. I don't blame him but his fans are no different to anyone supporting the rock or triple H.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

johnpro wrote: »
    Checked flights and hotel the morning after the fight and it was abit cheaper than what UFC 178 cost but I don't want to book it until its announced and I'm sure everything will have jumped up by then...there'll possibly be double the amount heading over this time!

booked flights and 6 nights in mgm for 1200e
    hope its on the 23rd lol

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACANDROID

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I'm a passive fan of UFC, took an interest back in the days when Anderson Silva was in his peak...

McGregors antics are all fake. I don't blame him but his fans are no different to anyone supporting the rock or triple H.

Would you mind being a passive fan somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Not sure what I'm looking forward to most...the notorious tv show starting tomorrow night or the reaction in here after it 😄 I'm sure there'll be plenty of fuel for the "anti-mcgregor" fire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mod: Gits_bone, if your only intention in this forum is to troll then I suggest you think again. Either discuss mma in a sensible manner or don't post at all. If you continue to post in the same manner, I will have no problem banning you altogether. Fair warning.

• Advertisement

sc86 wrote: »
    hope its on the 23rd lol

Haha brilliant!! I hope it is aswell I'm best man at a wedding on the 29th so I think I should just accept that 2 week period as a complete write off!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hi, you seem to have missed my post for a second time. Do you mind answering my question?

Please explain why you think that MMA is just an impersonation of a real sport and, by extension, not a real sport.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Hi, you seem to have missed my post for a second time. Do you mind answering my question?

Please explain why you think that MMA is just an impersonation of a real sport and, by extension, not a real sport.

Please stop feeding the troll.. you are giving him what he wants, we don't care about his opinion

ACANDROID wrote: »
    Please stop feeding the troll.. you are giving him what he wants, we don't care about his opinion

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and he seeing if he is in fact trolling. I'd like to see if can back up what he said, or at least said what he agreed with

Haha brilliant!! I hope it is aswell I'm best man at a wedding on the 29th so I think I should just accept that 2 week period as a complete write off!

the travel agent said they have had loads of people booking so be a lot of dissapointed irish in vegas that week if hes not on the card lol

• Advertisement

the travel agent said they have had loads of people booking so be a lot of dissapointed irish in vegas that week if hes not on the card lol

I'd be more concerned with it being announced and everyone booking then Aldo withdrawing with injury...this will be his quickest turnaround in a while so hopefully he stays healthy....until of course he gets knocked out

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Mod: Gits_bone, if your only intention in this forum is to troll then I suggest you think again. Either discuss mma in a sensible manner or don't post at all. If you continue to post in the same manner, I will have no problem banning you altogether. Fair warning.

??????

How am I trolling? Because I don't like McGregor??????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

??????

How am I trolling? Because I don't like McGregor??????

Don't derail the thread any more. If you have a problem, PM me.

I'd be more concerned with it being announced and everyone booking then Aldo withdrawing with injury...this will be his quickest turnaround in a while so hopefully he stays healthy....until of course he gets knocked out

if mcgregor was still fighting then id be happy enough , but hopefully title fight
    still be a great trip

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and he seeing if he is in fact trolling. I'd like to see if can back up what he said, or at least said what he agreed with

Ok I'll answer your question (but I don't really see why I have to answer it seeing as the articles main point wasn't about UFC being like WWE, it was about the hype about McGregor. And yes I can see the headline but headlines don't necessarily portray the main storyline.

The hype is all built up by the UFC to bring in $$$$. That jumping out of the octagon and into Aldo. What a fcuking joke that was. All staged. Vince McMahon would have been proud.

White will be hoping McGregor wins because if he doesn't then McGregor can't go on about being the best etc anymore and then White won't be in the money anymore with it.

McGregor is so annoying the way he talks. He is no Ali. What has he achieved? Nothing.

From the Irish Indo. A respected newspaper.
    But it would be a pity if he mistook boorishness for charisma. In the Boston octagon last weekend, he was everything that he promised to be. Outside it? His post-fight press conference was such a clunking exhibition of expletive-laden machismo, he came across as one of two things.

Either (a) a man now so drunk on his own, rising celebrity he felt no need to adhere to even the most basic tenets of good manners or (b) one incapable of understanding that last sentence.

In certain areas, yes. When it comes to informed mma opinions and journalists however, it's probably just about on a par with the beano

Ok I'll answer your question (but I don't really see why I have to answer it seeing as the articles main point wasn't about UFC being like WWE, it was about the hype about McGregor. And yes I can see the headline but headlines don't necessarily portray the main storyline.

The hype is all built up by the UFC to bring in $$$$. That jumping out of the octagon and into Aldo. What a fcuking joke that was. All staged. Vince McMahon would have been proud.

White will be hoping McGregor wins because if he doesn't then McGregor can't go on about being the best etc anymore and then White won't be in the money anymore with it.

McGregor is so annoying the way he talks. He is no Ali. What has he achieved? Nothing.

Of course the UFC build up the hype, it is a business and unless you don't understand how business works, they are trying to make money. End of.

Of course White wants Conor as the champion, again simple maths, Aldo has one of the worst PPV ratings in the UFC, he can barely headline his own events anymore, add Conor into the mix you will have one of the biggest fights of the year.

Plus I don't believe that if Conor loses that will be the end of him, look at Rumble Johnson, Anthony Pettis, Robbie Lawler, all have had 'career ending defeats' and have all bounced back. The UFC will still make their money when Conor fights, Swanson, Edgar etc..

As to what he has achieved, a fair bit, a two weight class champion at cage warriors and 4 tko's in 5 UFC Fights, thats hardly nothing to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Checked flights and hotel the morning after the fight and it was abit cheaper than what UFC 178 cost but I don't want to book it until its announced and I'm sure everything will have jumped up by then...there'll possibly be double the amount heading over this time!
    Hotel costs shouldn't jump too much. 3000 people in town for a fight usnt a big deal for Vegas. There's 60,000 hotel rooms on the strip.
    Flights are another story obv.

In certain areas, yes. When it comes to informed mma opinions and journalists however, it's probably just about on a par with the beano

The Irish indo isn't respected anymore. Its no longer a broadsheet, a good few years ago it made the move to be half way in between hack and broadsheet. Its like Exposé now with half its stories about rugby guys girlfriends and how they maintain their bikini bodies. Its got as much credibility in educated circles as Gits Bone has in MMA circles - absolutely ZERO.

Yer man who wrote that piece in the Sunday world was just looking for attention. The old 'any publicity' thing. Nobody could have such little respect for himself and his profession to write something like that. A writer/journalist is supposed to know what he's writing about before he writes it, thats why he gets paid. Unless of course his boss told him to write the most ignorant article possible to get a few readers and stir up some controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A writer/journalist is supposed to know what he's writing about before he writes it, thats why he gets paid.
    A writer is there to sell papers. That's it, take no notice of these lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

hope its on the 23rd lol

Who did you book with?

I'm sitting with the finger on the trigger for the flights too but wary that they'll put him on a different card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

10924745_10153071183597733_5523737202822213604_n.jpg?oh=580c968e10170019fcb5b039d9f5969d&oe=5554D2F8

https://www.facebook.com/TourAmericaTV/photos/a.130798017732.105150.84175787732/10153071183597733/?type=1&theater
    €899 is for your flights to Las Vegas and your accommodation Luxor hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pretty good deal!

Been sitting itching to book too, friend is keen on doing it for his stag but wary of booking before official announcement and confirmed dates god damn it.

*Terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not a great price IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Not a great price IMO.

Especially if it doesnt include the Tickets

Spent 7 nights in Vegas a few months ago and all in it cost €650 or so. €899 for 5 nights and no ticket isn't great tbh. Especially considering the fight hasn't been announced yet.

When it comes to booking time I'll follow you lot's lead so :pac:

I haven't a clue about value when it comes to US travel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

But if it guarantees a ticket when on sale.

• Advertisement

They've deleted the posts now for some reason

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement