Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

scudzilla wrote: »
    Yeah it's $75 BUT if you're gonna be paying big money for flights/hotel/spends then it's $75 well spent as you're more or less guaranteed a ticket, and it lasts for a year so you'll be grand for 1, maybe 2 of Conor's title defenses ;)

How many tickets can you buy for an event if you sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

OAOB wrote: »

6 per membership

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

OAOB wrote: »

You'd can buy 6 I think, but there's no guarantee. You just get first shot ahead of the general public, although there will be a hell of a lot more getting that first shot too.

I've tried for cheap seats twice for Vegas events and got nowhere near. Be prepared to go up to $300-400 for your seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,034 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

here's a facebook comment i laughed at today! (re Conor)

Honestly this guy is full of it. I remember neseem hameed.Beaten once never heard of again. Same happen to the so called notorious.

Naseem 36-1 record!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Mellor wrote: »
    He'd need to be one if the best FBs in the world for the comparison to make sense.

Serious question, why does Connor's success bother you so much.
    For somebody who doesn't like McGregor or even MMA, you are spending a lot of time on this thread.
    I can think if a few reasons, none of them positive tbh.

Well considering there's no weight divisions in soccer Coleman is up there.

Is McGregor pound for pound the best fighter?

And why does anyone post about anything they don't like/disagree with?

I see points made and I disagree with them. Why does it bother you do much that I disagree with all the posts bigging him up?

Seen people on here months ago saying he's a great role model for Irish kids. How can that be? 1. The sport is about knocking people out. 2. He shows no respect to his opponent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Gits_bone wrote: »

I see points made and I disagree with them. Why does it bother you do much that I disagree with all the posts bigging him up?

Seen people on here months ago saying he's a great role model for Irish kids. How can that be? 1. The sport is about knocking people out. 2. He shows no respect to his opponent.

Did you watch him hug and bow to brandao after his victory, they showed it last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Did you watch him hug and bow to brandao after his victory, they showed it last night.

Nazi
    Midget
    Redneck

etc etc.

I'll rephrase it then. He disrespects his opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

here's a facebook comment i laughed at today! (re Conor)

Naseem 36-1 record!

I'd love to be compared to him tbh.

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/athletes/boxer/naseem-hamed-net-worth/

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

http://www.newstalk.com/AUDIO:-Coach-Kavanagh-cools-talk-of-title-fight-in-May

Could be bad news for anyone who has booked flights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Jaysus lads, stop feeding the trolls. Its the only way they will feck off!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

rusty cole wrote: »
    it's **** alright but he refers to it as MMA and explains in his uneducated view as to what that means, but I didn't see him calling the sport UFC, that I read anyway. But you're right he's a tool!
    rusty cole wrote: »
    "The Notorious, McGregor is also an emerging star in the fast-rising sport of MMA with a soaring profile and tens of thousands of fans.
    MMA, for the uninitiated, is a cross between boxing, kung-fu and schoolyard brawling."

see? or am I missing something.

It has been edited since I read it last night, he didn't mention mma even once in the article.."The Notorious, McGregor is also an emerging star in the fast-rising sport of UFC" That's how it was yesterday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gits_bone wrote: »

I was considering positions to be comparable with weight divusions, which is why I said the best full back in the works. He isn't.
    Now you are talking about P4P best, which would equate to best footballer in the world. Which he clearly isn't. It was a silly comparison.

I see points made and I disagree with them. Why does it bother you do much that I disagree with all the posts bigging him up?.
    I've no problem with anyone disagreeing with anything, or anyone. Some MMA fans have vocally doubted him all along.
    I just find it strange when you don't follow MMA, but this guy you don't like or support suddenly has you spending a lot of time discussing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Newbie here but taking an interest
    Is Conor a rags to riches story?What's his background pre UFC

BeepBeep! wrote: »
    http://www.newstalk.com/AUDIO:-Coach-Kavanagh-cools-talk-of-title-fight-in-May

Could be bad news for anyone who has booked flights etc.

Bollocks...

I haven't booked flights, but that date suits me down to the ground.

sasta le wrote: »
    Based out of SBG in Dublin. Before the UFC he had 14 pro fights. Winning 12.
    An 8 fight streak cumulated in a win over Dave Hill for the Cage Warriors FW belt, followed by a highlight reel KO win over Ivan Buchinger to take the LW title. To first two division champ in CW/europe.
    He was signed to the UFC after that fight, and the same streak has rose to 13 consecutive wins, 17-2 overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Beersmith

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Bollocks...

I haven't booked flights, but that date suits me down to the ground.

Same as, had booked hotels too but i can cancel! Seems like a good time of year to go over.

Gotta go check now what other dates there are numbered events scheduled for.

July 4th weekend maybe, always a big one. Both Vegas events I've been to were that early July show.

Due to be on holiday July 10th, might have to do some juggling...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

sasta le wrote: »

To add to the above, he trained as an apprentice plumber before packing it in to train full time. He was on the dole before he had his first UFC win. Not quite rags as he came from a somewhat comfortable background.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Also, he didn't have a pot to pi$$ in.

UFC 187 - May 23rd
    UFC 188 - June 13th
    UFC 189 - July 11th
    UFC 190 - August 1st

I don't understand why it would be later, unless there are injuries we're not aware of on either side.

Aldo hasn't fought since October. McGregor just fought. You would think they would want the fight sooner rather than later given Aldo's inactivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭therickster

UFC 187 - May 23rd
    UFC 188 - June 13th
    UFC 189 - July 11th
    UFC 190 - August 1st

I don't understand why it would be later, unless there are injuries we're not aware of on either side.

Aldo hasn't fought since October. McGregor just fought. You would think they would want the fight sooner rather than later given Aldo's inactivity.

Is it not on May 23rd? Thought it was pretty much set in stone as its a US Bank Holiday over there, Memorial day I think it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is it not on May 23rd? Thought it was pretty much set in stone as its a US Bank Holiday over there, Memorial day I think it is...

JK said on the radio today that it might now be Mid Summer and fans to not book flights/accomodation until UFC confirm a date.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    JK said on the radio today that it might now be Mid Summer and fans to not book flights/accomodation until UFC confirm a date.

Ah cool yeah just saw a story on Facebook about his interview.

Wonder why they are delaying it then. I'd suggest they'd probably have it on around a bank holiday weekend, make the most of this.

Ah cool yeah just saw a story on Facebook about his interview.

Wonder why they are delaying it then. I'd suggest they'd probably have it on around a bank holiday weekend, make the most of this.

I'd be pretty certain that it will either be memorial day weekend (23rd May) or Independence day weekend (July 11th).

I'd be pretty certain that it will either be memorial day weekend (23rd May) or Independence day weekend (July 11th).

Agree, isn't the July 11th week international fight week as well? usually have 2 or 3 events on in about 10 day period.

It's their Superbowl / Wrestlemania type weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

the killer for the fight is going to be the price of flights to vegas. Acommodation in Vegas is damn good value but the flights can increase at the drop of a hat.

Those May and July weekends are already confirmed as PPVs in Vegas, so it's unlikely that June 13th will be Vegas too. August is too far away imo.
    I can't see any other option other than those two dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

I got every PPV event week booked off for the summer in work..Now just the UFC to announce the date and cough up the outrages amount of mula for everything else.. Cards in Vegas are so worth it tho haha

Mellor wrote: »
    Those May and July weekends are already confirmed as PPVs in Vegas, so it's unlikely that June 13th will be Vegas too. August is too far away imo.
    I can't see any other option other than those two dates.

That was my thinking.

I'e booked hotel for all 3 dates, May, June and July but I agree that Vegas for June is probably not happening.

I wish Dana/UFC would give some kind of statement. Obviously JK is limited in what he can say but there must be a good reason for the shift from the original May target.

Maybe once the next defence for Jones is clarified it will shed light on the McGregor fight. I'd likely wet myself if McGregor vs Aldo was co-main to Jones vs
    Johnson

• Advertisement

Flights to Vegas were coming in at €600 for May, currently €850 for the July version.

:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement