Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

hes late lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

July 11th vs Aldo Confirmed by COnor

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

July 11th straight from the man himself...book the flights boys

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

337116.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jesus the questions at that Q&A are painful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This is a PR exhibition by Conor. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Say what you want about him but his charisma is just class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Duff wrote: »
    Say what you want about him but his charisma is just class.

His fan base is growing by the minute...brilliant performance and in the face of so many stupid questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Anyone notice the only question he didn't answer was how will he deal with aldos leg kicks, the lad who asked the question pointed out how he left his leg exposed during siver fight.

He looked uncomfortable with the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Can we get a quote, July 11th definite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Flights for the days around the 11th aren't cheap. Just after the 4th of July and the ufc fans expo is also that week.

A charter between boards posters?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

Flights for the days around the 11th aren't cheap. Just after the 4th of July and the ufc fans expo is also that week.

A charter between boards posters?

I'm prob gonna check the flights to LA and then just drive from LA to Vegas if it works out cheaper haha

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

I'm prob gonna check the flights to LA and then just drive from LA to Vegas if it works out cheaper haha
    Cheapest flights to LA from Dublin are with Ethiopian Airlines!! :eek::eek:

Flights booked.

Yee haw.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

July is so much better for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Halfway through the Q&A and Conor is coming across so well. He also looks very strong and healthy at his current weight. I really don't think he'll be small for 155. He looks very thick and strong for his walk around weight.

He's also being much more reserved in this. He's very enjoyable to listen to. Brilliant to listen to.

EDIT: Just heard the 10 pints and doner kebab comment. How can anyone not like this guy? Absolute gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I see Conor won International Fighter of the Year at the mma awards too.
    I don't think there was any other contender tbh.
    Well done to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

moneyman wrote: »
    Halfway through the Q&A and Conor is coming across so well. He also looks very strong and healthy at his current weight. I really don't think he'll be small for 155. He looks very thick and strong for his walk around weight.

He's also being much more reserved in this. He's very enjoyable to listen to. Brilliant to listen to.

EDIT: Just heard the 10 pints and doner kebab comment. How can anyone not like this guy? Absolute gent.

I think the questions posed were far better this time. You still got the odd few ridiculous questions, but for the most part they were quite good IMO. Obviously easier with an English-speaking crowd and no need for the translator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

So lads, what would be the best way to get to the fight in July do ye reckon? flights seem very expensive. Would there be any way of getting a long flight with a few stop overs for cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

You could look at flying in to a different state and using a train or something. I really don't know how viable that is though.

Don't think it'll make a big difference to be honest.

You'll not save much and will end up paying as much to connect, plus a pain in the arse with the extra travel.

I could have saved maybe 50 quid on the flight but would have spent an extra 10 hours each way travelling and waiting in airports.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

B8pZUBUCUAIcZaH.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

DK224 wrote: »
    Cheapest flights to LA from Dublin are with Ethiopian Airlines!! :eek::eek:

Plenty of leg room too on those flights.

I'm going to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Last nights Q and A was unbelievable, Conor has everything to become a superstar in MMA and beyond. The charisma and wit is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Montroseee wrote: »
    Last nights Q and A was unbelievable, Conor has everything to become a superstar in MMA and beyond. The charisma and wit is second to none.

I can't see him fighting here again for a LONG time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

1000 flight hotel staying in the Luxor! First ufc card since ufc 93!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭therickster

scudzilla wrote: »
    I can't see him fighting here again for a LONG time

I don't think it'll be that long, IF he we're to win the title then I expect his first or second title defense to be in Dublin, most likely Croker.

Most likely early to middle of next year, April - July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I don't think it'll be that long, IF he we're to win the title then I expect his first or second title defense to be in Dublin, most likely Croker.

Most likely early to middle of next year, April - July.

I'm not so sure. Conor isn't gonna be on a fight night card again so it will be numbered events or fox cards for him from now on. If that's the case then the same obstacles to having the Aldo fight in Ireland will still be there next year. Unless they can somehow negotiate an extension to the 11pm curfew here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement