Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Anyone looking at accomodation, AirBnB seems to have a few places, close to the MGM, that are reasonable. For something like this If order my own space rather than a hotel so it could be an option.

Here's one example, nice space and close to the MGM:
    https://airbnb.com/rooms/4834182?s=9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I'm not so sure. Conor isn't gonna be on a fight night card again so it will be numbered events or fox cards for him from now on. If that's the case then the same obstacles to having the Aldo fight in Ireland will still be there next year. Unless they can somehow negotiate an extension to the 11pm curfew here.

Are Croke Park and the Aviva the only realistic options?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Saipanne wrote: »
    Are Croke Park and the Aviva the only realistic options?

Ye. I think Dana ruled out O Moore park in Portlaoise too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ye. I think Dana ruled out O Moore park in Portlaoise too

Was there ever a world title fight held outside of West Britain?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Would booking flights from london work out cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Saipanne wrote: »
    Was there ever a world title fight held outside of West Britain?

No idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

He really looked good there at 170lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Any idea when tickets will go on sale for this? I signed up for Fight Club today with a view to getting in on the presale tickets. No dates given though.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Any idea when tickets will go on sale for this? I signed up for Fight Club today with a view to getting in on the presale tickets. No dates given though.

wont be on sale till around may

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

ebookers.ie can get Flights=5nights in the MGM for 1300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm not so sure. Conor isn't gonna be on a fight night card again so it will be numbered events or fox cards for him from now on. If that's the case then the same obstacles to having the Aldo fight in Ireland will still be there next year. Unless they can somehow negotiate an extension to the 11pm curfew here.
    Conor will never fight outdoors in ireland after 10.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

In his Q&A last week a cork lad asked him about a fight in Ireland and he mentioned Pairc Ui Chaoimh. I presumed that he said it because the guy was from cork but then I got thinking about it and it's going to be a brand new stadium, probably about 50000 seater and not near any residential buildings so it might have a better chance of getting a late event licence.
    They are redeveloping it to attract entertainment events so it could have the support of the council too

OAOB wrote: »
    In his Q&A last week a cork lad asked him about a fight in Ireland and he mentioned Pairc Ui Chaoimh. I presumed that he said it because the guy was from cork but then I got thinking about it and it's going to be a brand new stadium, probably about 50000 seater and not near any residential buildings so it might have a better chance of getting a late event licence.
    They are redeveloping it to attract entertainment events so it could have the support of the council too
    yes but it will take a small group of people to complain for the sake of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

yes but it will take a small group of people to complain for the sake of it!

They'd have to be directly affected and the stadium is in an industrial estate so could be hard for them to make a case.
    It's all just presumption by me but I don't think it could be ruled out completely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Anyone maken the 3 hour dash from Gatwick to London on the way home on Tuesday?? If so ye fancy chipping in on a taxi about 50 pounds if we can get 5 be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 55,723 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Episode 2 of Conor's. Some funny bits, but the thrash talk is cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Unless someone starts on him

Some lucky camera work in notorious this week! Conor getting his make up on and you can just make out Dustin having a sneaky look in the background!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Watched the siver fight again for the 20th time.

Great performance, but he did get caught a few times with nice punches from siver not too mention a good few kicks to the legs, I know it's been talked about already but needs to be more disciplined against Aldo.

Obviously my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    He has been tagged hard in every fight in the UFC,I reckon if he really wanted to he would not get hit much at all but has such distain for the guys he is fighting he just walks through them.

I would think as you said its just discipline and he will improve it against Jose.

Very true, he looked so comfortable as you said.

I see he is competing in a jujitsu tournament in April, let's hope it doesn't knock his confident winning streak!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

yipeeeee wrote: »
    I see he is competing in a jujitsu tournament in April, let's hope it doesn't knock his confident winning streak!

UFC are allowing it?

dave1982 wrote: »
    UFC are allowing it?

Just heard him say it in his latest interview.

http://www.bjpenn.com/conor-mcgregor-will-break-jose-aldo-mentally-physically/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

The standard wont be the very top drawer and its no-gi so I wouldn't be suprised to see him medal in the brown belt division if he does it.

Still can't top confidence you get from an unbeaten streak, but it's probably just an amateur tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dave1982 wrote: »
    UFC are allowing it?
    Benson Henderson competed immediately after wining the LW belt. A good few other fighters compete also.
    He expressed an interest in competing in BJJ after one of his early fights. And said he was going to clear it with them.
    darced wrote:
    Is it not both Gi and No-Gi (under separatte "events"). Or did he say he was entering no-gi only.
    You have a better idea of the standard at euro events than me. But I had a look at last years results and Darragh O Conaill got silver in the brown middle no-gi, and didn't medal in the gi. So the standard is decent (his was the only name I recognised).
    I'd assume McGregor would be Light or Middle weight.
    yipeeeee wrote: »
    Still can't top confidence you get from an unbeaten streak, but it's probably just an amateur tournament.
    I honestly don't think it would have any baring on his streak or his confidence. It's a different sport, competing against guys who are solely dedicated to that sport, some of them professionals. Plus he's a newly promoted brown belt, and some of these guys are going to be on the verge of black.
    He has more to gain than lose by competing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I've always thought that he got tagged a bit too much. But I went had had a look at some stats there. Now that he's has 5 fights, he is eligible for the UFC stat leaderboards.

Significant Strikes per minute Landed:
    4th overall (Cain is 1st, Dillashaw 7th)

Significant Strike differential +/- (strikes landed minus strikes absorbed)
    6th overall (Cain is 1st, Dillashaw 3rd)

(Both of those are highest at FW)

Shortest Avg. Fight Time
    6th overall (5m46s)

For reference, Also has the longest average fight time, 21m00s

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    I've always thought that he got tagged a bit too much. But I went had had a look at some stats there. Now that he's has 5 fights, he is eligible for the UFC stat leaderboards.

Significant Strikes per minute Landed:
    4th overall (Cain is 1st, Dillashaw 7th)

Significant Strike differential +/- (strikes landed minus strikes absorbed)
    6th overall (Cain is 1st, Dillashaw 3rd)

(Both of those are highest at FW)

Shortest Avg. Fight Time
    6th overall (5m46s)

For reference, Also has the longest average fight time, 21m00s
    what does this mean?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement