Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

There episodes seem to show a lot during the fight i seemed to have missed watching the fight months ago!

Good few leg kicks by Dustin I never clocked the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Anyone know when it goes up on the RTE iplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Standman wrote: »
    Anyone know when it goes up on the RTE iplayer?

It's up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Highlight from Notorious last night - "Go back to England"

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Is it tomorrow night its replayed on tv? rte played doesnt work for me for some reason!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

burkey85 wrote: »
    Is it tomorrow night its replayed on tv? rte played doesnt work for me for some reason!

Did you try a different browser? The RTE player wont play for me using Chrome but will using Explorer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭deisedude

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Did you try a different browser? The RTE player wont play for me using Chrome but will using Explorer!

If you are running adblock you might have to turn it off to get the player working

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

dickwod1 wrote: »

id say thats my problem, always use chrome, cheers

deisedude wrote: »
    If you are running adblock you might have to turn it off to get the player working
    Its only since I've had to knock adblock off that it wont work, used to work like a dream before RTE "blocked" adblock, I just switch to Explorer now anytime I want to use the RTE player gave up trying with Chrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i got it running on chrome but i don't remember how
    but it easier to run rte and 4od on explorer

watching that back i love seeing how much energy Conor gets from hearing the lads singing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Urijah Faber on Conor, starts about 6.20

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭crybaby

I think Conor would annihilate Faber

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The fact that fighters like Schaub are saying he's a big guy when they meet him says a lot. It's not like Schaub hasn't met plenty of top level FWs, LWs before.
    Bravo is a big fan also. He was impressed with his nogi jits after the Holloway fight. And since then I believe they've been on the mats together when Conor dropped into a 10th Planet randomly.

Also, Gunni is rumoured for the Vegas card.
    http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/gunnar-nelson-eyes-ufc-189-spot-alongside-teammate-conor-mcgregor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just looked at Holloway's record, since his loss to Conor he's gone on a 5 fight win streak, to me that makes Conor's demolition of him all the more sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Never heard Kavanagh say that. But I've estimated him to be 165-ish before, so I'd believe it tbh.

It's hard to say where that slots. Some of the guys and WW and MW cut huge amounts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just looked at Holloway's record, since his loss to Conor he's gone on a 5 fight win streak, to me that makes Conor's demolition of him all the more sweet

He'd also, arguably, won his previous 4 fights too when he fought McGregor as he'd won 3 on the trot before losing a bullsh*t decision to Dennis Bemudez. Holloway is no joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Kavanagh alluded to something like this in a tweet, something like 'Now for my next trick, I turn 145lb into 165lb" after Conor had weighed in. Don't think he gave a timeframe but thats a massive weight gain for a featherweight.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Holloway is also the only one Conor hasn't knocked out too, no? And while yes, his knee was part of that... Holloway got lit up by jabs and uppercuts for most of the match and soaked it all up. He's one tough dude (are all Hawaiians tough? I can think of a good few who have coconuts for heads as far as I can see)

DeVore wrote: »
    Holloway is also the only one Conor hasn't knocked out too, no? And while yes, his knee was part of that... Holloway got lit up by jabs and uppercuts for most of the match and soaked it all up. He's one tough dude (are all Hawaiians tough? I can think of a good few who have coconuts for heads as far as I can see)
    The knee is part of it of course. But he also lasted longer that any other opponent by far by the time the knee injury happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mellor wrote: »
    The knee is part of it of course. But he also lasted longer that any other opponent by far by the time the knee injury happened.

Halloway also broke his foot in the first round off his first kick which for some reason is never spoken about ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Halloway also broke his foot in the first round off his first kick which for some reason is never spoken about ,

Was it not his toe?

Saipanne wrote: »
    Was it not his toe?

I could be wrong but I think it was his foot, Think Dana mentioned it in the post fight press conference at the time it was a toe but Hollaway confirmed it was his foot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Holloway broke his foot at the very beginning, neither fighter was near 100% for most of that fight. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they fight again at some stage, Holloway is a big prospect.

Holloway broke his foot at the very beginning, neither fighter was near 100% for most of that fight. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they fight again at some stage, Holloway is a big prospect.

Holloway class but I reckon he lacks the power at the moment to beat the top guys,

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Holloway class but I reckon he lacks the power at the moment to beat the top guys,

My thoughts exactly. He has very good stand up, pretty good ground game, but seems to be lacking in power to knock guys out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

My thoughts exactly. He has very good stand up, pretty good ground game, but seems to be lacking in power to knock guys out.
    Harsh considering he's finished 3 of his last 5 fights with (T)KOs. Huge prospect and I do think he'll beat Cub. Cub is overrated for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Harsh considering he's finished 3 of his last 5 fights with (T)KOs. Huge prospect and I do think he'll beat Cub. Cub is overrated for me.

Bit harsh alright, I suppose my argument would be the 3 he T(KO)'d, 2 of them were nobodies, and Akira lost his last 3 fights via T(KO). Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Holloway, and I think he'll be one of the contenders for sure.
    Agree with you on Cub though, I'll be putting money on Holloway to win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement