Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

TimRiggins wrote: »

Siver was one of the most beautiful displays I've seen in the Octagon of crisp striking and movement. He could have finished it alot sooner imo but wanted to put on a show.

this... he toyed with him, it was nearly sadistic. I can't wait to see what happens if he hits Aldo clean with that left

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

DeVore wrote: »
    This.

I was watching that live too, he caught him clean and rocked him and I said the same thing, this fight is over.
    Size isn't everything, technique counts for more imho. I'd rather get hit by a big guy throwing haymakers then clipped by a guy who knows how to throw a straight right cross with his foot to the floor and his hip in the punch :)
    And McGregor has both, he's big for his weight and his boxing technique is near as bedamned flawless. I get the feeling (and it certainly seems like it from the videos) that these guys get hit the first time by him and they think "holy **** what was that?! Don't let that happen again" and they suddenly focus on defense to avoid his power... that's fatal imho, especially with McGregor when he likes to get comfortable and pick defences apart.

Watch any of his last few fights and watch to see what happens to the opponents game plan after the first couple of times they get hit. Brandao mentally checked out. Poirer went down so fast its hard to know. Siver abandoned any plan he had and just didn't want to get hit any more... they all stop with almost all offence and start to try to manage the damage... after that, McGregor can launch without many worries. Fatal.

Agreed, also I thought Holloway was lucky to get out of round one. He took a good hiding in the first round before Conor's knee blew.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

True, watch for a more explosive Aldo this time around too, I think he will react with all he has got, when he feels Conor's punching power. I think Conor's control of distance and movement will negate that explosiveness though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    This.

Conor will be hitting harder than the division that Aldo has picked apart.
    And nobody will have taken a heavy hit from Conor and come straight back at him like Aldo will.

it's not a fight we've seen before and I think that why, blind hype-train aside, everyone is so excited for this one.
    bazza76dub wrote: »
    Agreed, also I thought Holloway was lucky to get out of round one. He took a good hiding in the first round before Conor's knee blew.
    Holoway getting out of the first had nothing to do with the knee. He's just tough imo.
    Conor didn't blow his knee the end of the second afaik. it was going to a 3rd round regardless imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Conor got the loudest pop from the crowd last night. About 3 times louder then for Faber in his home state. Say that pisses him off!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

califano wrote: »

Conor seen it coming a mile away, hes like a ninja.. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Why did she throw her hat at him?

Or was it just blind luck that it hit him?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Why did she throw her hat at him?

Or was it just blind luck that it hit him?

Listening to the way she spoke to joe rogan after the fight shows what's she's really like. So flinging her hat at whoever is no surprise really

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Listening to the way she spoke to joe rogan after the fight shows what's she's really like. So flinging her hat at whoever is no surprise really

What do you mean by that? No way does that 20 second interview wit Rogan minutes after a catastrophic loss (through her won stupidity) show you what she's really like, she was distraught and her head was probably a bit ****ed up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

scudzilla wrote: »
    What do you mean by that? No way does that 20 second interview wit Rogan minutes after a catastrophic loss (through her won stupidity) show you what she's really like, she was distraught and her head was probably a bit ****ed up

He really didn't need to shove the microphone in her face. I for one didn't really want to see an interview with her she was clearly distraught.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

TimRiggins wrote: »
    He really didn't need to shove the microphone in her face. I for one didn't really want to see an interview with her she was clearly distraught.

i know that, i was asking the previous poster how that interview summed up what she was really like

scudzilla wrote: »

We see plenty of distraught fighters speak to joe. Her fcukin this and fcuk that was real classy. She's a professional and knows right well she was on TV. And throwing her hat like that before the fight shows she really dosent give a fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

We see plenty of distraught fighters speak to joe. Her fcukin this and fcuk that was real classy. She's a professional and knows right well she was on TV. And throwing her hat like that before the fight shows she really dosent give a fcuk

I took the hat throw as her just being focused & throwing it off into the crowd while maintaining the focus. By pure chance it flew past Conor's head imo. On the interview thing - she just blew in 14 secs what she spent her whole fighting career working towards , I Can forgive a few F bombs in that situation no problem.

:confused: All that preparation and then to lose a fight in 14 seconds due to a stupid move on her part, shes bound to be upset and pissed off and angry. It was stupid of Joe to interview her at that point, questions should have been saved till the press conference. As for the hat thing she just threw it into the crowd, she wasnt aiming to hit anyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I'd say Joe's hands are tied when it comes to the interviewing as well , with a few hundred thousand people forking out $50/$60 to buy the PPV i'd be pretty sure he's being told to stick the microphone in her face & get talking!

Axwell wrote: »
    :confused: All that preparation and then to lose a fight in 14 seconds due to a stupid move on her part, shes bound to be upset and pissed off and angry. It was stupid of Joe to interview her at that point, questions should have been saved till the press conference. As for the hat thing she just threw it into the crowd, she wasnt aiming to hit anyone..

She's not the only fighter to lose a fight by making a stupid mistake. Plenty are pissed off about it and most act in a professional manner afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

After what Cat Zingano has been through in the past year, with injuries and personal tragedy, are we really going to label her a scumbag because she cracked under pressure and emotion after dicking up the biggest fight of her career?

She's not the only fighter to lose a fight by making a stupid mistake. Plenty are pissed off about it and most act in a professional manner afterwards

How many have lost a title fight after 14 seconds to a sloppy mistake and not even taking into account all her personal issues.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    After what Cat Zingano has been through in the past year, with injuries and personal tragedy, are we really going to label her a scumbag because she cracked under pressure and emotion after dicking up the biggest fight of her career?

I didn't label her a scumbag. She coujd have been more professional though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

After what Cat Zingano has been through in the past year, with injuries and personal tragedy, are we really going to label her unprofessional because she cracked under pressure and emotion after dicking up the biggest fight of her career?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What oart do you think was unprofessional?

The poor girl was traumatised and in shock. Without her injury that fight would have been a couple years ago. So 2 years of training, lost her husband by suicide and having a microphone stuck in her face after a 14 second loss. That she didn't just break down and cry is a credit to her. None of us can begin to imagine, the pain and embarrassment a loss like that, what it does to her credibility as a fighter, her confidence, self esteem, all those things.

Mellor wrote: »
    What oart do you think was unprofessional?

Swearing multiple times on live TV

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I say
    horrified.jpg

Go-way-outta-dat-willya!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Like watching people beat each other up but get annoyed about a few curses on TV.

Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

I was not too offended by the swearing and liked that it showed raw emotion. Swearing is not really that frowned upon in the company. Dana would be penniless if they had a swear-jar in Zuffa.

And at least she didn't run away after an unfortunate and many would say embarrassing loss. To stand there and comment on a disappointing performance takes a lot of professionalism in my eyes.

Remember Run Forrest Run!!! (after the AS fight)

I was not too offended by the swearing and liked that it showed raw emotion. Swearing is not really that frowned upon in the company. Dana would be penniless if they had a swear-jar in Zuffa.

And at least she didn't run away after an unfortunate and many would say embarrassing loss. To stand there and comment on a disappointing performance takes a lot of professionalism in my eyes.

Remember Run Forrest Run!!! (after the AS fight)

And the Tito fight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Is this a joke?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement