Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

R.F. wrote: »
    Is this a joke?

No joke. Mma has a bad enough image sometimes and that kinda swearin makes it look worse

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    No joke. Mma has a bad enough image sometimes and that kinda swearin makes it look worse

I can assure you 99% of people looking at that interview totally got how she was feeling at that moment and would have no issue with it. Its sport, its real and real emotions in this and any sport add to it.

you my friend are that 1%

I can assure you 99% of people looking at that interview totally got how she was feeling at that moment and would have no issue with it. Its sport, its real and real emotions in this and any sport add to it.

I've no problem with one fcuk. But 6 or 7 in the space of a minute dosent look great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Ah sure not everyone curses, only 50% of people I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

2 people in a cage where the aim is to beat your opponent so hard that they physically can not continue anymore, until they are concussed...... to make your opponent feel so much pain in a submission hold that they have to tell you they've given up.... to damage your opponent so much that a qualified doctor tells them that they can no longer compete...... all of these things are fine.

But saying "f*ck" a few times?

31914460.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Give it up, dtp...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Hey, anybody ever heard of a fighter called Conor McGregor?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

she said a naughty word!!! she should sit in the corner and think about what she did.

Saipanne wrote: »
    Give it up, dtp...

I'm not holding on to anything. People are asking me why I think this and if it's a joke. I'm not continually preaching or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭threeball

I'm not holding on to anything. People are asking me why I think this and if it's a joke. I'm not continually preaching or anything

I agree, back in the day when UFC was operating in a tiny niche and appealing to a certain demographic this language was acceptable. Now that they're trying to be mainstream it won't wash. You can shoot someone in the face on American tv just don't dare swear or have anti religious views.

I swear like a docker so i'm not looking at this from any perspective other than its ability to undermine the UFC's objectives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I dont think Zinganos move was stupid at all, it just didnt come off. A few mm either way with the knee and Rousey would have done the chicken dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Ah sure not everyone curses, only 50% of people I reckon.

Feckin bullsh1t statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭threeball

califano wrote: »
    I dont think Zinganos move was stupid at all, it just didnt come off. A few mm either way with the knee and Rousey would have done the chicken dance.

I dunno, if you're going to throw a knee like that you had better commit and go full force flying knee and at least let your momentum knock your opponent over even if the knee doesn't connect. This looked like she had second thoughts just as she started to unload

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Hey, anybody ever heard of a fighter called Conor McGregor?

Ahem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Do you think that fact she is a woman and cursing you have a bigger problem with it? Loads of the male fighters curse during interviews, and Dana White himself unloads in interviews all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

**** me sideways. Complaining about a fighter swearing on TV. Man the **** up.

Do you think that fact she is a woman and cursing you have a bigger problem with it? Loads of the male fighters curse during interviews, and Dana White himself unloads in interviews all the time.

The fact that she's a woman? Absolutely no difference. In fact, I can't remember the last time I heard a fighter swear like that. Maybe nick Diaz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Conor Mcgregor on Aldo after the Siver fight "Fcuk him anyway"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Conor Mcgregor on Aldo after the Siver fight "Fcuk him anyway"

You are missing basic rule of this thread, Cat throws hat and curses she is regarded as scum

Conor hits out at Siver at weigh ins and F him bout Aldo post fight he is a legend

dave1982 wrote: »
    You are missing basic rule of this thread, Cat throws hat and curses she is regarded as scum

Conor hits out at Siver at weigh ins and F him bout Aldo post fight he is a legend
    I think yiur the one missing the basic rule. Who called her scum? Stop letting your imagination get the better of you

• Advertisement

I think yiur the one missing the basic rule. Who called her scum? Stop letting your imagination get the better of you

I read word scumbag back along the thread, I not here to defend her, she well able to do herself if she care what randomers were saying on internet about her.

dave1982 wrote: »
    I read word scumbag back along the thread, I not here to defend her, she well able to do herself if she care what randomers were saying on internet about her.

The word scumbag was used incorrectly earlier.

The word scumbag was used incorrectly earlier.

Yes i reread back along after

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

califano wrote: »
    There's three things I wouldn't want to do verses a high level judoka.
    1. Engage in clinch range
    2. Charge with uncontrolled momentum
    3. Lift my feet off the ground

All of these things ante giving up open you up to being attacked easily. The flying knee managed to simultaneously give up all three conditions. So it was pretty bad.

Zingano knocked her down with the knee. Which was best case bar a clean KO. But Ronda quickly reversed into a bad spot.
    Leaving her arm around Ronda head while she took her back (I posted a pic in the other thread) was terrible. Worst mistake she made by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mod: Can we get back on topic lads? This thread is gone way off the beaten track here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Just watching the documentary and one of his sparring partners (Charlie Ward I think?) looks like an absolute savage. Thought he was going to take McGregor's head off there.

Just watching the documentary and one of his sparring partners (Charlie Ward I think?) looks like an absolute savage. Thought he was going to take McGregor's head off there.

Charlie is an absolute beast. It's inly a matter if time before he's in the ufc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Charlie is an absolute beast. It's inly a matter if time before he's in the ufc

Do you know him? Would love to see some footage of his ammy fights. I heard recently that he's making his pro debut in an eight man tournament with the likes of Jack Marshman and some very experienced fighters. Would be hugely impressive if he won that, really starting his pro career with a bang.

Do you know him? Would love to see some footage of his ammy fights. I heard recently that he's making his pro debut in an eight man tournament with the likes of Jack Marshman and some very experienced fighters. Would be hugely impressive if he won that, really starting his pro career with a bang.
    Ye trained with him a few ears back. Hardest puncher and best wrestler I ever seen. If he loses that tournament I'd be surprised.also the strongest sob. Hits like a heavyweight and is just as strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Mod: Can we get back on topic lads? This thread is gone way off the beaten track here.

Sorry about that, I always have a few tabs open and didn't realise we were discussing Kat & Ronda in the McGregor thread. Move posts over??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement