Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I think his dad is hilarious. He's like something out of Fr. Ted (I mean that in an endearing way!). He's obviously embarrassing but in the type of way that only a parent can be.

The Ali poster debacle is already a classic in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

My favourite part from the whole thing, nicely edited!

I am in the whole hype train atm and I am wondering if perhaps later on Conor Mcgregor might go to WWE or some pro wrestling company. I mean he has the charisma to do well I believe and might do well. I am not talking about him like brock lesnar because lesnar was already long established as an excellent wrestler before he headed to wwe.
    I know wwe is scripted and more drama while UFC is well discipline martial art fighting.

Why on earth would he want to go to the pantomime instead of the real deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I am in the whole hype train atm and I am wondering if perhaps later on Conor Mcgregor might go to WWE or some pro wrestling company. I mean he has the charisma to do well I believe and might do well. I am not talking about him like brock lesnar because lesnar was already long established as an excellent wrestler before he headed to wwe.
    I know wwe is scripted and more drama while UFC is well discipline martial art fighting.
    Doubt it, if WCW was still around it would be a possibility. Ted Turner would offer him a briefcase full of cash & he is in the business for the short term to make money. They had David Arquette on at one time & won the belt :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I reckon if Vince McMahon could hand pick one UFC fighter he would go for Ronda without any hesitation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Overeem probably could have done a job in WWE when he was all juiced up. He's pretty comfortable in front of the camera and had a lot of hype behind him around the time of the Brock fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

moneyman wrote: »
    I think his dad is hilarious. He's like something out of Fr. Ted (I mean that in an endearing way!). He's obviously embarrassing but in the type of way that only a parent can be.

The Ali poster debacle is already a classic in my eyes.

Think you hit the nail on the head here moneyman...he actually would fit in well in Fr. Ted. He's cringeworthy to watch but in an endearing way, he's obviously just a Dad really enjoying his son doing well and fair play to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Donald is one bad man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Merrick Gray Mimicry

moneyman wrote: »

Donald is one bad man.

honestly does anyone not love that guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

honestly does anyone not love that guy

Everybody loves me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Merrick Gray Mimicry

That_Guy wrote: »
    Everybody loves me. ;)

:D how long have you been waiting for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

:D how long have you been waiting for that one

3 years, 2 months, 7 days, 10 hours and 36 minutes.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

White announces UFC 189 world tour. 8 cities, 5 countries, 12 days. Rio, LV, LA, NYC, Toronto, London, Dublin. Aldo/Conor and Rory/Robbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Tuesday and a free event?

Please god its at like 8pm, seen some are at 2pm an all

I Want a picture with ruthless!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

TimRiggins wrote: »
    White announces UFC 189 world tour. 8 cities, 5 countries, 12 days. Rio, LV, LA, NYC, Toronto, London, Dublin. Aldo/Conor and Rory/Robbie.

March 31 – Dublin, Ireland – Fan Event – Convention Centre Dublin
    Participants: Aldo and McGregor.
    Event is free and open to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Really hope the Duffy McGregor fight doesn't happen.. don't want to have to pick between the two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

ps3man wrote: »
    Really hope the Duffy McGregor fight doesn't happen.. don't want to have to pick between the two

it's pretty much nailed on to happen at some stage imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

ps3man wrote: »

I don't see why anyone wouldn't want this fight to happen , it's a great story and would get massive promotion. You can still like 2 fighters who fight each other , perfect fight for Croker or Aviva!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

it's pretty much nailed on to happen at some stage imo

Nailed on?? Lol, hardly.

Both of them are operating on entirely different levels right now. McGregor is in title contention at FW and has his eye on a move to LW.

Duffy has had one fight in the UFC against one of the worst in the LW division and has his eye on a move to FW.

Fight could very well happen in the future but it's far from nailed on. A lot variables need to line up in order for it to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ptyloch

Anyone ever been to an event like this World Tour in Dublin?
    I want to go to it but don't know what to expect, been to the Fan day at the Fight Night in Dublin and to the weigh ins before the fight, will it be something like this or more a press conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

In a recent interview Duffy said that he had no intention of moving down a weight class so can't see Duffy vs Mcgregor anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

JJayoo wrote: »
    In a recent interview Duffy said that he had no intention of moving down a weight class so can't see Duffy vs Mcgregor anytime soon

His coach at Tristar said he was moving down last night, and he said it was up in the air at the Presser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

TimRiggins wrote: »
    His coach at Tristar said he was moving down last night, and he said it was up in the air at the Presser.

Then he lied to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Conor's plan is to move up to LW in the medium term. Ideally beat Aldo, defend the belt a couple of times, then go up. But then again, he may do it like AS and only go up for a fight or two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Conor's plan is to move up to LW in the medium term. Ideally beat Aldo, defend the belt a couple of times, then go up. But then again, he may do it like AS and only go up for a fight or two.

Hes been quite vocal about the fact he wants to move up and go for the belt after a few title defences at 145, and be only the third fighter to capture belts in both divisions

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

JJayoo wrote: »

Yeah I'm 85.5% sure he said he wasn't looking at FW in an interview on highland radio a while back. Maybe he was only talking about his debut fight not too sure now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Duffy said he might in post fight interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Axwell wrote: »
    Hes been quite vocal about the fact he wants to move up and go for the belt after a few title defences at 145, and be only the third fighter to capture belts in both divisions

Too lazy to check, but the other 2, assume it's randy and BJ, did they hold both belts at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

McGregor has a serious weight cut to get to 145. All that cutting weight can't be good for you, he's probably only planning on doing it 4/5 times more I'd imagine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement