Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Mellor wrote: »
    How would you rate Porrier, Hominick and Leonard Garcia?
    Or Rani Yahya, and Omigawa?
    Cub, Hatsu Hioki and Eric Koch?
    What about Nik Kentz, Guida, and Cody McKenzie?

Are any of these guys title-shot elite?

Yes, no , no, maybe, no , yes, yes, no, no, no, no, hell no.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TommyOM

Pulse8 wrote: »
    100%

He posted pics of yer man & all & basically advised anyone that knew him to have a word with him / advise him to stop......prob the bones of a year or more ago

I remember that. It made the guy seem extraordinarily insecure and immature.

He's a good Irish bred coach though so I don't really care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

but1er wrote: »
    http://www.theccd.ie/whats-on?i=1136

Looks like they changed it to ticketing thank god

Robbie Lawler is gonna be there, I love that guy!
    coincidentally its his birthday today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Tickets didn't last too long did they. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Robbie Lawler is gonna be there, I love that guy!
    coincidentally its his birthday today.

Is that official?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Ya I agree, although I rate Max Holloway highly as well, given some time he should be up there among the best IMO.

There's a few who have yet to crack the surface. I really like Andre Fili. Think he could do big things in the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Anyone know where I could find a list of the songs used in the RTE 6 part series on Conor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

LaVail wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could find a list of the songs used in the RTE 6 part series on Conor?

Not in the credits?

Failing that, Shazam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Saipanne wrote: »
    Not in the credits?

Failing that, Shazam?

Should have thought about that first. Cheeers

• Registered Users Posts: 7 diddle25

I'm not sure if this has already been posted. If it has then I apologize. I'm going to Vegas and I know a few others that are going from Canada/Australia. What are the plans for people travelling from Ireland? Is there any word of an official base/bar etc. We all remember the video of all the Irish fans coming into the MGM for Conor's last fight there. I'm hoping we can bring the same level enthusiasm and support again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yes, no , no, maybe, no , yes, yes, no, no, no, no, hell no.
    I'd agree with all the no's. I'd also label Hatsu as being no longer elite.

But each of those lines represents the fights that Mendes (two times), Lamas and Zombie beat in order to earn his title shot. Frankie got a direct shot.
    None of them are particular impressive tbh. And none of them are any different to how McGregor earned his shot.
    The notion that he hasn't earned it because he hadn't beaten the top 5 is nonsense.

Making your top 5 take each other out of future contention would really screw up a divisions with dominant champions.

diddle25 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has already been posted. If it has then I apologize. I'm going to Vegas and I know a few others that are going from Canada/Australia. What are the plans for people travelling from Ireland? Is there any word of an official base/bar etc. We all remember the video of all the Irish fans coming into the MGM for Conor's last fight there. I'm hoping we can bring the same level enthusiasm and support again.

Haven't heard anything yet. The fight is a while away yet. I'd say let everyone get tickets first and the gargle will take care of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

http://www.craziestsportsfights.com/what-was-said-during-the-mcgregor-aldo-staredown123/

Aldo not completely impervious to the mind games it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

McGregor in Aldo's head already makes me very very happy

Jose's gonna crumple like a paper cup! Cant handle the stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

where could a mam get tickets for next tuesday night, dont mind paying over the odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Conor outshone Aldo in his own back yard can't wait to see how Aldo handles a hostile Irish crowd. Gotta love the way McGregor got in his head even taunting him in Portuguese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I think it's naive to think that conor will get into Joses head and this will affect the outcome of the fight.

Jose is world champ and unbeaten, these mind games will mean nothing to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

JustTheOne wrote: »
    I think it's naive to think that conor will get into Joses head and this will affect the outcome of the fight.

He's not unbeaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's been shown already though. As much as I would've agreed with you, Aldo is definitely wound up after the press conference. He even says so!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

If the comment Aldo made after the Rio conference is not just for the camera, he’s going to struggle on this trip. If he thought Conor was annoying in a situation where 100% of the crowd had his back, he was fully rested and had his family there, then now imagine having to deal with Conor being in his ear day after day, coupled with no family, long hours of travel/jet lag, and the crowd being neutral to unpleasant towards him.

I know Aldo is the champ but I really believe Conor is much more used to dealing with the level of media attention this fight is going to get.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    He's not unbeaten.

Sorry meant in ten years or so.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It's been shown already though. As much as I would've agreed with you, Aldo is definitely wound up after the press conference. He even says so!

So what if he's wound up?

Doesn't mean he's going to perform different in the ring.

Too much emphasis been put on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

So what if he's wound up?

Doesn't mean he's going to perform different in the ring.

Too much emphasis been put on this.

I think people are recalling the Poirier fight, where the man was beaten before he entered the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I think Conor needs to reign in his trash talking about, first he was calling Siver a Nazi and in Rio he is on about invading and using the locals for slaves. The intentional humorous way he which he delivers these lines may be lost in translation.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TommyOM

I actually kind of worry about that too. I'd hate to see if McGregor had a black American opponent. I am not saying he's racist (hes not at all in my opinion) but his jokes could definitely be misconstrued.

Saipanne wrote: »
    I think people are recalling the Poirier fight, where the man was beaten before he entered the ring.

Jose, porier.

Huge difference, Jose has a lot more mental strength than porier.

Totally different, that's why i think it's silly people getting carried away with this he's in his head etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

TommyOM wrote: »
    I actually kind of worry about that too. I'd hate to see if McGregor had a black American opponent. I am not saying he's racist (hes not at all in my opinion) but his jokes could definitely be misconstrued.

But he already has. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement