Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 trevdaman12

Anyone know exactly what goes on at these fan events?
    Can you get autographs, photos etc. with the fighters?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Anyone have any clue on how to get tickets for tomorrow? I have the website address and all and I know they go on sale at 9am, but what do I actually do to get them?! lol thanks for any help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Anyone have any clue on how to get tickets for tomorrow? I have the website address and all and I know they go on sale at 9am, but what do I actually do to get them?! lol thanks for any help guys

They will release at link at 9am to follow to get them

gone

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Think they're gone already. Holy moly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Just says unavailable. I was ready to go at 9am doubt there was anything in the first place. "VERY Limited!" indeed.

yeah snapped up instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

was on the website refreshing the page for ages, not a hope :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Two threads with pages of people talking about tickets. Riveting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Saipanne wrote: »
    Two threads with pages of people talking about tickets. Riveting stuff.

You should have been here in the lead up to his first UFC fight and when tickets for the Dublin card went on sale, that was great craic, you'd have loved it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

All the talk in the fight thread is about tickets and accommodation. Very little about the fight.

And a lot more active than this thread.

I have no problem with bandwagoners but Christ try add to the discussion About the actual fight:)

scudzilla wrote: »
    You should have been here in the lead up to his first UFC fight and when tickets for the Dublin card went on sale, that was great craic, you'd have loved it :pac:

I was there when he knocked out Gary Morris, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

JustTheOne wrote: »
    All the talk in the fight thread is about tickets and accommodation. Very little about the fight.

I have no problem with bandwagoners but Christ try add to the discussion About the actual fight:)

tickets out this week. fight is in 3 and a half months. calm the ham, everything that could be said about the fight has been said for this stage anyway

That's the way this forum goes, fight was announced and loads of talk about the fight, then when tickets went on sale it was all ticket talk, give it a week and it'll be back to fight talk

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SeanFrank

Conor slapping Aldo's back behind the scenes ...

I'd say Conor is a f**king pain in the ass every possible second of this tour for Jose, but my god it's funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well it is still 3 and a half months away in fairness.

Well it is still 3 and a half months away in fairness.

There is tonnes of material from the tour to discuss, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

The week when tickets are on sale is probably not the best time to come onto this thread looking purely for fight discussion in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

SeanFrank wrote: »

Conor slapping Aldo's back behind the scenes ...

I'd say Conor is a f**king pain in the ass every possible second of this tour for Jose, but my god it's funny!

Why is Dana still on about the UK being 'represented' ?, is he genuinely unaware Dublin is not part of the United Kingdom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Big Ears wrote: »
    Why is Dana still on about the UK being 'represented' ?, is he genuinely unaware Dublin is not part of the United Kingdom ?

Most Americans are not it is seriously annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

sjb25 wrote: »

I understand that, but this is a guy who's been to Ireland multiple times. A well travelled man, who's surely aware we use a different currency and must have surely asked himself why that is ?

This is a guy who's had one of the main event fighters in the event he's promoting, correct him on this issue already. It's almost strange for him of all people not to realise the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

sjb25 wrote: »

A lot in the UK think Ireland is part of it, from my experience anyway.

I think Dana is trying to extend to as many markets as possible. If he can say UK and Ireland, it seems like a lame attempt to make UK fans feel more directly involved. Which is smart because they still largely have an empire frame of mind and probably do think he's from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

A lot in the UK think Ireland is part of it, from my experience anyway.

I think Dana is trying to extend to as many markets as possible. If he can say UK and Ireland, it seems like a lame attempt to make UK fans feel more directly involved. Which is smart because they still largely have an empire frame of mind and probably do think he's from the UK.

Think this is a lot of it he is trying to keep the uk fans interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Its a much much bigger market, it makes sense to include the UK as much as possible.

63.5 Million in the UK to 4.5 million in Ireland.

Look how they market Asian fighters, basically if you look Asian you can fight in China or Japan, doesn't matter what Asian country you or your parents are actually from.

Most "Mexican" fighters in the UFC are American but they push the Mexican angle to keep the 120 million people in Mexico interested too.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

I read on the journal that cmcg is in Dublin tomorrow filming with aldo for the promotional tour. Anybody know where I could bring my lads to see him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I read on the journal that cmcg is in Dublin tomorrow filming with aldo for the promotional tour. Anybody know where I could bring my lads to see him?

Tickets for the event are completely gone. It will be shown live on youtube and later on Setanta if it's any conciliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

So many from here heading up tomorrow? Looking forward to it.

They should have had tomorrow nights thing at The Point, , would have filled the place up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

scudzilla wrote: »
    They should have had tomorrow nights thing at The Point, , would have filled the place up

There's a gig on. If you could call it that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

You sure?, it will be similar to a PDC darts crowd:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement