Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Agree totally, think conor may be on too.

ah well the conor fella is well due a walk on so close to the always aspired title shot, that's fine no problems there. just leave the kid out of it, he'll be talking about "big cash yeh" etc soon enuf. lightning wont strike twice there guaranteed!!! let the record speak for itself not the mouthpiece!! or mouthpieces in the convention centre as the case was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

yeah I have a real love hate relationship with him. I'm fascintated by how easy he's made latter ranked top tenners look and salute him 100%. It's the persona and swagger that irks me AT TIMES! saying all that, I like em. My problem if you wanna call it a problem is the hangers on, the a copycats etc. Not so much on the style side, don't mind that either, just look at beckham. Nah it's copying the behaviour, attitude etc but all without the goods to carry it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I remember going to UFC Dublin and hopped on the luas. After one of the stops on the way to the point, I heard someone say 'You're Nate the Great!'. I turned around and some fans on the way to the fight had recognised him (I had myself then from earlier Conor interviews in SBG) after getting on. I say fair play to the youngfella!

what are you saying?? nate marquart was on the luas ?? or McGregor was and some eejits thought he was nate the grate???? even though he was a 185lb'er middleweight and looked nothing like em??

im a tad confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was saying Nate got on the luas and was recognised and that was nearly a year ago. I'd prefer to watch him on the late late (not that I watch it anyway) then some 'Irish Celebrity'.

oh right, yeah cool. you're right I agree. Id rather listen to the rambling of a bearded madman any day over Louis walshe, pippa o connor or dat c**t of a yoke Katie Hopkins.

it would be funny giving conor a big book and a pipe with a quil and pen by a log fire, Saturday night live style. "welcome, to conor McGregor hour, ramblings of a man man!!" this week kids Bruce lee.... fact or fiction!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

As bad as the conference was, that Embedded video is amazing. When Conor walked out on that stage and people went nuts, it was a great moment!

watched all the embedded videos last nite too, brilliant. the part were McGregor tears up a photo of aldo in a pub and eats it was just hilarious.
    you can hear aldos manager telling the champ that he's taken Dana white to task over mcgregors touching jose's neck etc, very funny. aldo comes across also as very funny and likeable to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭dancingchicken

rusty cole wrote: »
    ah well the conor fella is well due a walk on so close to the always aspired title shot, that's fine no problems there. just leave the kid out of it, he'll be talking about "big cash yeh" etc soon enuf. lightning wont strike twice there guaranteed!!! let the record speak for itself not the mouthpiece!! or mouthpieces in the convention centre as the case was.

I totally agree with you. There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

MrStuffins wrote: »
    As bad as the conference was, that Embedded video is amazing. When Conor walked out on that stage and people went nuts, it was a great moment!

The embedded series was brilliantly done. They've got it nailed now for future massive fights. More please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

GK1001 wrote: »
    The embedded series was brilliantly done. They've got it nailed now for future massive fights. More please!

They do an embedded for almost all of the big fights, or some type of web series. Or do you mean for the press tours?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

yeah I mean for tours like this...I know they've been doing them for a year or more now but I think this series has moved it up a notch...be great to see the next big fights do pre-camp tours like this...during fight week you don't get as much personality out of the fighters with the weight cuts going on and all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

The only embeddeds outside numbered events was The Fight Night in Boston and the World Tour which McGregor was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I thought the what's aldo's pussy smell like was quiet funny, it was obviously a play on what Conor had said at the faceoff the night before, clever actually, despite not being to everyone's taste or the fact in went over most people's heads

:D
    https://instagram.com/p/02tvBFwugI/

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

ShooterSF wrote: »
    What has that got to do with it? Conor provoked Brazilian fans aldo did the same with the Irish fans. Both should expect abuse if they rile up the crowd.

Exactly, that's what I'm saying. Any fans putting on a show like that should expect abuse for their behaviour.

The difference is that when Brazilian fans are slagged you could hear a pin drop in response.
    Yet when Irish fans are slagged in the same way people like you are up in arms about it.

The behaviour of Brazilian fans in Rio was awful.
    The behaviour of Irish fans in Dublin was awful.

What exactly do you disagree with there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Have people still not got over this yet?

Jesus Christ, it's time to move on with your lives chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

MrStuffins wrote: »

Can't believe they slagged the suits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

rusty cole wrote: »
    its pathetic or you don't blame them? confused!!!!

too subtle for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Stuxnet wrote: »
    I thought the what's aldo's pussy smell like was quiet funny, it was obviously a play on what Conor had said at the faceoff the night before, clever actually, despite not being to everyone's taste or the fact in went over most people's heads

:D
    https://instagram.com/p/02tvBFwugI/
    "Clever" and "went over people's heads".

I don't even know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

11130230_955197871159163_9012009432898011164_n.jpg?oh=08441f0ef436c9b7d9d78019c84e7a29&oe=55A0688F

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'm not a fan of Conor, sure he's a great fighter, but he's wayyy too cocky about it. All talk and no game IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Conor, sure he's a great fighter, but he's wayyy too cocky about it. All talk and no game IMO.

His record to date sort of begs to differ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Merrick Gray Mimicry

Carnacalla wrote: »

your entitled to your opinion and could well be proven right (for the record i think aldo will win) but as long as connors winning its hard to criticise the **** talk. already its made him a superstar in no time and gotten him his title fight. also if by chance he does end up a great it will heighten his legacy look at what mouthing off did for the likes of ali and jordan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Ricardo Lamas accusing Conor of taking away the professional image MMA is trying to earn. The bold Lamas says Conor, with his antics, is making the sport appear like the WWE.
    http://severemma.com/2015/04/video-chad-mendes-and-ricardo-lamas-talk-mcgregors-world-tour-antics/

Lamas! The sad clown who made a video ISIS would suggest is tasteless. This man:

Capture49.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

befor its put to bed, can we not just mention the dude ,probably in his mid 30's,dethrone cap,suit,dicky bow and shades at the presser,"i love you conor", like, seriously..........wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Just after re-watching the Dennis Siver fight and my minds made up, I'll be betting big on Aldo. Taking into account Siver's record, ranking etc and the fact that it took Conor 7mins to finish him, Aldo was right to laugh in his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

mark13 wrote: »
    Just after re-watching the Dennis Siver fight and my minds made up, I'll be betting big on Aldo. Taking into account Siver's record, ranking etc and the fact that it took Conor 7mins to finish him, Aldo was right to laugh in his face.

I watched that fight about ten times.

He does leave himself open a good few times and gets caught with a good few leg kicks.

But he seemed to be just toying with siver and he never seemed in bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Easy Rod wrote: »
    "Clever" and "went over people's heads".

I don't even know where to start.

No sense of humour then bra' :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement