Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Stuxnet wrote: »
    No sense of humour then bra' :)

UNC3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Conner will approach aldo very differently than siver, he could toy with siver, which makes getting a title shot of the back of beating siver all the more ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Stuxnet wrote: »

Sums it up well, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

That was the intention I assume :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Conner will approach aldo very differently than siver, he could toy with siver, which makes getting a title shot of the back of beating siver all the more ridiculous.

He got the title shot after destroying Poirier who was ranked number 5.

Conor asked for another fight as he was still just coming back from injury and wanted to stay active. Most of the other top ranked feather weights were already booked to fight each other. So they gave him Siver, but he probably would of gotten the shot whether he fought Siver or not.

The Siver beat down just kept him fresh in peoples heads when others were saying Edgar should get the shot. So it was well played by Conor imo,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

gdavis wrote: »
    befor its put to bed, can we not just mention the dude ,probably in his mid 30's,dethrone cap,suit,dicky bow and shades at the presser,"i love you conor", like, seriously..........wtf

Sums up the McGregor fanbase and one McGregor has created. Bellends. The press conference is cringe worthy.

McGregor is no role model. As a Dub I'm embarrassed that he is a representative of us. He needs to learn humility and hopefully Aldo teaches it to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

winston82 wrote: »
    Sums up the McGregor fanbase and one McGregor has created. Bellends. The press conference is cringe worthy.

McGregor is no role model. As a Dub I'm embarrassed that he is a representative of us. He needs to learn humility and hopefully Aldo teaches it to him.

Yep everyone who supports conor dresses and goes on like this chap.

Nice generalisation.

Another precious sole disturbed by conors antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Yep everyone who supports conor dresses and goes on like this chap.

Nice generalisation.

Another precious sole disturbed by conors antics.

Feel free to quote where I said everyone dresses like him.

And you shouldn't confuse disturbed with disgusted.

winston82 wrote: »
    Feel free to quote where I said everyone dresses like him.

And you shouldn't confuse disturbed with disgusted.

Eh here.

Sums up the McGregor fanbase and one McGregor has created. Bellends.

• Advertisement

I did a search for the earliest Conor McGregor post and I found this:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055019710/12/#post52654767

Some semi pro mma fight from January 2007. Conor was just 18. Posted up by John Kavanagh. Held at some local hall, I presume. Tickets sold in local sports shops.

From such humble beginnings for both men, now setting forth towards a UFC title fight at the MGM Grand. It puts things in perspective, I think. Especially for any youngster starting out right now.

PS: McGregor won by tko in the first round!

http://www.sherdog.com/events/ROT-Ring-of-Truth-6-8321

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

I think the dust has finally settled on what was an embarrassing few minutes in the Irish MMA world. I think Petesy Carroll summed it up perfectly in his article, few lads along for the session, not MMA fans, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyways moving swiftly on, did Conor stay in Dublin to train or is he splitting his camp between SBG and Vegas?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I
    On thing that bugs me is I have a beard (for about 7 years) and like to wear suit jackets on a night out (no Dixie bows or caps) and the amount of people who say " oh trying to be like Mcgregor" no its the way i dress now piss off .

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

I
    On thing that bugs me is I have a beard (for about 7 years) and like to wear suit jackets on a night out (no Dixie bows or caps) and the amount of people who say " oh trying to be like Mcgregor" no its the way i dress now piss off .

Serious 1st world problem there, but yeah I know what you mean, Im growing a beard for no reason other than so i don't look 12 years old, my girlfriend reckons its because I want to look like McGregor

I

I've had a beard for ten years or more, but I'm apparently a hipster now. Pay no attention, just be yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,038 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Watched the presser again ah it wasn't bad really...hope "tiocfaidh ar la" boy got back to the home safe and sound ...poor f"""ker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Watched the presser again ah it wasn't bad really...hope "tiocfaidh ar la" boy got back to the home safe and sound ...poor f"""ker

Not much going on upstairs with that fella id be surprised if he found the exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

A gift from 2 weight undisputed champion of the UFC

10349135_810072525736819_236835011764466466_n.jpg?oh=c153eb1475a1de31eac75ed5d2453fa1&oe=55BA054F&__gda__=1438263601_7d8c907974ae0bc2f3506d40fa7522a1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Am I the only one who thinks of mcgregor when the Vikings ad is on telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Anybody know if Setanta will be repeating the press conference in Dublin??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Anybody know if Setanta will be repeating the press conference in Dublin??

I doubt it. Why not just watch it on YouTube?
    http://youtu.be/zxoT34adJ_4

P.s keep an eye out for the fans questions. I heard good things....

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks of mcgregor when the Vikings ad is on telly?

My Mrs thought they were the same person, especially when Conor fought Dustin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

TimRiggins wrote: »

I'm not sure what he's getting at here? Is he being supportive? Sarcastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm not sure what he's getting at here? Is he being supportive? Sarcastic?

Being Conor, I assumed it would be a joke but looking at it does appear genuine? He's probably thinking fair play to cub and wants to get his own notorious belts made!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

He's definitely being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

He means that Cub is a bum who won't be making any money worth mentioning in the UFC, so he will throw him a bone and use his amazing fame and superstar status to help him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haha yeah asking for some durable belts to tie around his stacks of money to keep them organised. He's some wind up merchant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Posted today on front page of bbc sport, great to get them talk about MMA even if there is a few wrong facts in the article.
    http://m.bbc.com/sport/32146861

• Advertisement

Beersmith wrote: »
    Posted today on front page of bbc sport, great to get them talk about MMA even if there is a few wrong facts in the article.
    http://m.bbc.com/sport/32146861

Where they got he is the first Irish person to get the black in bjj, seriously like simple research.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement