Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Lads, drop the handbags and backseat modding. There was a thread recently from a poster offering tickets. If you need them, ask him.
    Buying/Selling tickets is ok here as long as you get the go ahead first and aren't looking for more than face value. If you're a suspected tout you'll be banned.
    Leave it there please and don't derail the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, Aldo is now the now the No. 1 P4P fighter according to UFC (Since Jones was taken off the rankings). I'd say Conor will be more than happy to let everyone know if he beat the no. 1 guy in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Beersmith

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So, Aldo is now the now the No. 1 P4P fighter according to UFC (Since Jones was taken off the rankings). I'd say Conor will be more than happy to let everyone know if he beat the no. 1 guy in the world.

Conor surely wouldn't bring something like that up would he?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Sponsored by monster energy drink.

Somehow can't see him putting that muc into his body:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Sponsored by monster energy drink.

Somehow can't see him putting that muc into his body:)

You take that back!!
    It's the nectar of the gods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Seriously though, do athletes actually drink that shjt?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Pay them enough and they will drink anything at the after fight press conference

Axwell wrote: »
    Pay them enough and they will drink anything at the after fight press conference

Very true. But I meant as a training aid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Very true. But I meant as a training aid

No Definitely not

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maybe lucozade, powerade etc, where it provides fast acting carbs.
    But the the likes of mobster is loaded up with a lot of extra ****e.

Call me old fashion, but I enjoy getting my caffine from a good coffee.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Maybe lucozade, powerade etc, where it provides fast acting carbs.
    But the the likes of mobster is loaded up with a lot of extra ****e.

Call me old fashion, but I enjoy getting my caffine from a good coffee.

Ye id agree with ya there. Would you drink coffee before a workout?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd love to see some figures from his endorsements, I'd say he's making more from them now than his fights, even the Aldo fight with PPV.

He's got endorsements with all the main UFC sponsors nearly:

Reebok
    Muscle Pharm
    Bud Light
    Monster

Personally I find a double espresso before weight training better then any pre work out or isotonic drink.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'd love to see some figures from his endorsements, I'd say he's making more from them now than his fights, even the Aldo fight with PPV.

He's got endorsements with all the main UFC sponsors nearly:

Reebok
    Muscle Pharm
    Bud Light
    Monster

That's his plan and he's executing it perfectly. As long as he keeps doing what he's doing and doesn't do a jon Jones on it he'll be a very rich man

Lukker- wrote: »
    Personally I find a double espresso before weight training better then any pre work out or isotonic drink.

What about a cardio workout? How long would the caffeine keep working?

What about a cardio workout? How long would the caffeine keep working?

I'd take it before cardio for a bit of energy too, and about 250ml of water pre and the 250ml to .5l during. It'd keep me going for an entire work out as long as I had enough food eaten prior to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah I often do.
    Usually espresso or macchiato

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Most of the time you see sponsored athletes/performers drinking from a Monster can its just water.
    Specifically Monster Tour Water
    5994138880_bc843aa311.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭OverUnderP4P

Anyone see the mac Mansion. Holy sheeeit.
    wont let me paste it as im a new member .

Hes rolling in it, $$$$ signs coming out of his arse.
    My mannn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I believe its rented for the purpose of the camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Does he still live at home with the family when he's in Dublin or have him and Dee got their own place?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

CM24 wrote: »
    Does he still live at home with the family when he's in Dublin or have him and Dee got their own place?

You calling around for tea and biscuits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Anyone see the mac Mansion. Holy sheeeit.
    wont let me paste it as im a new member .

Hes rolling in it, $$$$ signs coming out of his arse.
    My mannn

It is incredible. I think we're all familiar with the "on the dole" video after the Brimmage fight. To think of how far he's risen in such a relatively short amount of time, it's staggering.

Title fight, living the high life and major sponsorship deals. That is why it's hilarious to hear and read others suggesting he needs to 'change his attitude'. There's bound to be a few good tweets and pics with all the SBG lads staying in that house as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JPlinders

A little off topic but if I can’t get answer here I doubt there’s one to be got.

Planning a stag (in Ireland) for July and would like to work it around the fight on the 11th. Agenda is: activity - beers – club – somewhere to watch the fight.

Given the time is there anywhere that is actually showing the fight? Hotel resident’s bar maybe?…or is best bet to rent a gaff and buy it in that way?

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

JPlinders wrote: »
    A little off topic but if I can’t get answer here I doubt there’s one to be got.

Planning a stag (in Ireland) for July and would like to work it around the fight on the 11th. Agenda is: activity - beers – club – somewhere to watch the fight.

Given the time is there anywhere that is actually showing the fight? Hotel resident’s bar maybe?…or is best bet to rent a gaff and buy it in that way?

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers

There will defo be places showing the fight.. The woolshed murphys and most likely the opium rooms i'm assuming will all have the fight on as they have in the past. Maybe just ring them up and ask them to make sure

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers

im really not sure i would want to be out and about at 3am with a load of 'fight fans' for this one. especially if he loses, it could be a long aul journey back to your accommodation afterwards....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

raymann wrote: »
    im really not sure i would want to be out and about at 3am with a load of 'fight fans' for this one. especially if he loses, it could be a long aul journey back to your accommodation afterwards....

Why wouldn't you won't to be out? The atmosphere in the Living Room for his fight v Siver was second to none. I personally can't wait to head out for it again it was really really good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ASOT wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you won't to be out? The atmosphere in the Living Room for his fight v Siver was second to none. I personally can't wait to head out for it again it was really really good craic.

How was that regulated there? Did you need tickets r anything to get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers

Ireland is a big place, you would need to be in a major city to guarantee finding somewhere showing the fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement