Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

Anyone see the mac Mansion. Holy sheeeit.
    wont let me paste it as im a new member .

Hes rolling in it, $$$$ signs coming out of his arse.
    My mannn

He's not. He's blowing his modest enough income to keep up appearances. It's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Endthescam wrote: »
    He's not. He's blowing his modest enough income to keep up appearances. It's pathetic.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the UFC or one of his massive sponsors was footing the bill for his training camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

modest income ?, I would imagine he has earned at least a multiple (maybe 100 times) of the average industrial wage.A win will push him into the superstar bracket.

Keep up appearances - keeping up with who, he is the GOAT, they try to keep up with him

Fail to prepare and all that

modest income ?, I would imagine he has earned at least a multiple (maybe 100 times) of the average industrial wage.A win will push him into the superstar bracket.

Keep up appearances - keeping up with who, he is the GOAT, they try to keep up with him

Fail to prepare and all that
    He's had a handful of non title ufc bouts and you believe he's a multi millionaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

He's had a handful of non title ufc bouts and you believe he's a multi millionaire?

Between the Fox deal for the documentary, The Reebok, Monster, Muscle Pharm and Bud Light sponsorships added with his UFC money, and other sponsorships too, I'd say he's not far off it. Certainly won't be after the Aldo fight win or lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Beersmith

So to be clear, what do you consider modest and an extravagant salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conor is easily a millionaire maybe twice over, I think with Jones out for the foreseeable future all UFC's eggs are in Conors basket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

He's made $600k+ in disclosed money from his fights.
    He's headlined two cards, one broke viewing records for the TV channel it was on so he definitely got extra bonuses for the fact he headlined and hyped those cards.
    And his sponsors are Reebok, Bud Light, MP, Monster and probably others.

He's easily cleared $1m, who knows after that.

And I'd agree with whoever said that mansion is paid for, by one of his sponsors or his management company.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Fromvert wrote: »
    He's made $600k+ in disclosed money from his fights.
    He's headlined two cards, one broke viewing records for the TV channel it was on so he definitely got extra bonuses for the fact he headlined and hyped those cards.
    And his sponsors are Reebok, Bud Light, MP, Monster and probably others.

He's easily cleared $1m, who knows after that.

And I'd agree with whoever said that mansion is paid for, by one of his sponsors or his management company.

I'd say the mansion belongs to one of the Fertita brothers, he is their biggest cash cow so id say they have a vested interest in keeping him happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

How was that regulated there? Did you need tickets r anything to get in

Nope but they stopped letting ppeople in around 12 I think it was!.Spin.1038 were there as well it was fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ASOT wrote: »
    Nope but they stopped letting ppeople in around 12 I think it was!.Spin.1038 were there as well it was fun!

Will it be different next time I wonder as event ends later than Boston event.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

JPlinders wrote: »
    A little off topic but if I can’t get answer here I doubt there’s one to be got.

Planning a stag (in Ireland) for July and would like to work it around the fight on the 11th. Agenda is: activity - beers – club – somewhere to watch the fight.

Given the time is there anywhere that is actually showing the fight? Hotel resident’s bar maybe?…or is best bet to rent a gaff and buy it in that way?

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers

If you're planning on having your stag in Dublin I know Harry's on the Green, McGowan's, the Living Room and Murray's all showed his last fight against Siver.

I'd definitely try one of those places a month in advance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Most of the above will show it again but will require you to be in there before a certain time and stay. So it might be a case of beers - more beers and no club if you want to get in and stay in one of the places. You could maybe get a place on Air BnB and buy the event like you said and watch it there, or just bring a laptop and connect it to the tv and buy the event on ufc.tv if its not possible to buy it on the owners UPC/Sky account

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

He has made $602,000 from fights alone, before any sponsorship deals are taken into account. You are naive to think hes not a millionaire at this stage. Thats also $602,000 for all of about 30 mins inside the cage, a modest income its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

ps3man wrote: »
    I'd say the mansion belongs to one of the Fertita brothers, he is their biggest cash cow so id say they have a vested interest in keeping him happy.

No it's definitely a rented property. Video doing the rounds is a promotional vid like the type made by us realtors to plug properties they have to let or sell.

Axwell wrote: »
    He has made $602,000 from fights alone, before any sponsorship deals are taken into account. You are naive to think hes not a millionaire at this stage. Thats also $602,000 for all of about 30 mins inside the cage, a modest income its not.

Over two years. Take 40%+ off for taxes. Take costs out for trainers, insurance, physios, flights and a ton of other stuff. Convert to euro.
    Yeah it's modest stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ye id agree with ya there. Would you drink coffee before a workout?
    Over two years. Take 40%+ off for taxes. Take costs out for trainers, insurance, physios, flights and a ton of other stuff. Convert to euro.
    Yeah it's modest stuff.
    Tax wouldn't be 40%. There's a of adjustments to be made. For example, the place they rented in vegas is a deductible expense. Plus, is US income taxable in ireland?
    UFC pays the insurance. They pay the flights too.

His $602k in disclosed pay is €530k. And he definitely earned extra for promotion work.
    Reebok, Bud Light, MP, Monster are pretty big sponsors and they defiantly paid well.

Calling it modest is completely stupid. The entire thing smacks of bitterness.

All wrong. Exchange rate is wrong for fight earrings. You can't deduct income tax for your primary residence. He pays taxes in whatever country he earned them. He's getting a fraction of the money of the big Irish rugby players not that you'd know it from the way he acts.

Proper exchange rate when he fought was 1.35. That's 444k over two years. High tax rate in America is usually North of 40%. So that's 133k euro net per year. He has to pay his trainers a salary. Maybe nutritionist, physio. He has to pay a pension. The guy is broke with sponsorships keeping him afloat.

The situation is worse when you factor career earnings. He's had 5 years of no earrings. A loss of form or injury would seriously curtail his future earnings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Five years with no earrings? Not even an fake diamond one?

Poor fella.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Proper exchange rate when he fought was 1.35. That's 444k over two years. High tax rate in America is usually North of 40%. So that's 133k euro net per year. He has to pay his trainers a salary. Maybe nutritionist, physio. He has to pay a pension. The guy is broke with sponsorships keeping him afloat.

The situation is worse when you factor career earnings. He's had 5 years of no earrings. A loss of form or injury would seriously curtail his future earnings.

image.png

Trust me, you need to earn a lot of money to realise what actually makes a person wealthy. Guys here thinking he has 3 million sitting in the bank ready to go. Why do you think half the NFL players go bankrupt despite earning tons more than mcgregor?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You seem to be putting a lot of thought into this and know all about his income....did you lose your job as his financial advisor or something?

I earn a similar salary and I laugh at people playing the big man on small incomes. He's not Floyd Mayweather that's for sure.

I earn a similar salary and I laugh at people playing the big man on small incomes. He's not Floyd Mayweather that's for sure.

And the same can be said for 99.9% of other athletes, at the end of the day nobody knows how much he's making only from disclosed fight payments and bonuses and I can guarentee it's an awful lot more than those anyway.

Youre a high profile MMA fighter with multiple undisclosed sponsorship payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Like the man said himself at the UFC Dublin pres conference
    WHA!!?? Don't talk bout ma money....you don't know how much I make!!
    :pac:

Also, here is his new car (probably a rental but still nicer than mine)

Screen-Shot-2015-05-06-at-5.03.31-PM.png

Completely different deal that relates to standard payouts from a UFC/Reebok deal. Conor has inidividual sponsorship along with Rousey and a couple of others.
    For such an expert you really know very little

• Advertisement

There's a massive difference in being sponsored by reebok as an individual and being sponsored by reebok through the UFC ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement