Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Like the man said himself at the UFC Dublin pres conference
    :pac:

Also, here is his new car (probably a rental but still nicer than mine)

Screen-Shot-2015-05-06-at-5.03.31-PM.png

Wow a 30k dollar car.http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Ford_Mustang/

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭OverUnderP4P

Endthescam wrote: »
    He's had a handful of non title ufc bouts and you believe he's a multi millionaire?

modest ha, dont be hating.
    He's made a mill or 2 easy already. Double figure millions by the end of the year.

Haha wow a 30k car , u absolute ignoramus. Its clear to everyone here your a jealous little piece of sh it.
    Probably broke yourself giving it the large one. How about u get the f*uck off this thread

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I earn a similar salary and I laugh at people playing the big man on small incomes. He's not Floyd Mayweather that's for sure.

Wait, what?? You get paid $600,000 dollars for two years work? Yeahhhhhh Ok ;)

What's your back up that he has no money? What's your "obvious" inside information? You clearly seem to know a lot more than anyone else but have yet to back anything up..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Wow a 30k dollar car.

You're clearly looking for a reaction from people, but it's quite sad really.

Let's say you're right (which you're not), and his take home pay is 133k Euro per year, that's equivalent to a PAYE gross salary of over 250k, without getting into benefits in kind and pensions and all that jazz. I sincerely doubt that you earn that much.

Also, you need to take into account the fact that Conor doesn't have to pay for a lot of the stuff you see him with/doing. He gets large bonuses and free stuff for promoting clothing and other brands on social media, as well as being carted around the world on the back of the UFC.

The money he stands to make from his upcoming title fight will take him to another level, win or lose. I would be surprised if he didn't clear well over a million quid from that fight alone. And if he beats Aldo, well, the sky's the limit from there.

25 months ago yesterday, Conor made his UFC debut and was hardly known outside of the MMA community in Europe. Now he's got the direct backing of almost all the biggest brands in his sport, as well as being recognisable to people who've no business knowing who he is, such as my mother. His TV documentary got picked up by a national broadcaster in the US. It's been a phenomenal rise.

If he had a career-ending injury in the morning, he would still be able to make a living from panel appearances and commentary.

• Advertisement

Let's say you're right (which you're not), and his take home pay is 133k Euro per year, that's equivalent to a PAYE gross salary of over 250k, without getting into benefits in kind and pensions and all that jazz. I sincerely doubt that you earn that much.

Also, you need to take into account the fact that Conor doesn't have to pay for a lot of the stuff you see him with/doing. He gets large bonuses and free stuff for promoting clothing and other brands on social media, as well as being carted around the world on the back of the UFC.

The money he stands to make from his upcoming title fight will take him to another level, win or lose. I would be surprised if he didn't clear well over a million quid from that fight alone. And if he beats Aldo, well, the sky's the limit from there.

25 months ago yesterday, Conor made his UFC debut and was hardly known outside of the MMA community in Europe. Now he's got the direct backing of almost all the biggest brands in his sport, as well as being recognisable to people who've no business knowing who he is, such as my mother. His TV documentary got picked up by a national broadcaster in the US. It's been a phenomenal rise.

If he had a career-ending injury in the morning, he would still be able to make a living from panel appearances and commentary.

A1 Sharon.

That dic k head is just a jealous heap of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

If he had a career-ending injury in the morning, he would still be able to make a living from panel appearances and commentary

Lets not forget in that 25 months he has over come a potential career ending injury that had him sidelined for 9 months. So he has really only been active in the UFC a year and half.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Lads if you think someone is trolling or just trying to wind everyone up, don't take the bait and reply on thread. Ignore it and report the post.

Endthescam, if you continue to bait people and post more ridiculous comments then you'll be asked not to post on this thread. Give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

RE: the money.

If he did pay taxes in the U.S. it would be at a rate of 30% as per this:
    http://www.irs.gov/publications/p515/ar02.html#en_US_2015_publink1000225016

Could even be lower if he made an application for a lower withholding rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Trust me, you need to earn a lot of money to realise what actually makes a person wealthy. Guys here thinking he has 3 million sitting in the bank ready to go. Why do you think half the NFL players go bankrupt despite earning tons more than mcgregor?

Poor financial management, bad investments, over spending........... there's a whole documentary on the subject called "Broke". You should probably check it out.

• Advertisement

Caliden wrote: »
    RE: the money.

If he did pay taxes in the U.S. it would be at a rate of 30% as per this:
    http://www.irs.gov/publications/p515/ar02.html#en_US_2015_publink1000225016

Could even be lower if he made an application for a lower withholding rate.
    US taxes can be pretty extreme. You pay a state tax and a city tax not go mention a property tax. Mcgregor likes to put on an act and this extends to his finances.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Poor financial management, bad investments, over spending........... there's a whole documentary on the subject called "Broke". You should probably check it out.

I've seen it. Mcgregor looks to be making the same mistakes but he has even less money to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

US taxes can be pretty extreme. You pay a state tax and a city tax not go mention a property tax. Mcgregor likes to put on an act and this extends to his finances.

Depends on the state and the county. Nevada for example does not have any state income tax.

Depends on the state and the county. Nevada for example does not have any state income tax.

And he's only fought there twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Not stickin the mod hat on but just a genuine question.

Are the finances of fighters really all that entertaining to talk about?
    I'd rather read the usual, "ah mcgregor clearly has no ground game", than discuss how much someone is or isn't earning.

At the end of the day is someone else's money really all that interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Panic E

Not stickin the mod hat on but just a genuine question.

Are the finances of fighters really all that entertaining to talk about?

No, the conversation today has been lame. Liking the look of that car though
    sheehy83 wrote: »

Also, here is his new car (probably a rental but still nicer than mine)

Screen-Shot-2015-05-06-at-5.03.31-PM.png

It's actually a pretty awful car. You can rent them for half nothing.
    http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Ford_Mustang/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Panic E wrote: »
    No, the conversation today has been lame. Liking the look of that car though

Pablo like shiny

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I earn a similar salary and I laugh at people playing the big man on small incomes. He's not Floyd Mayweather that's for sure.

A similar salary, really?
    Because in this thread you claim that earning over €50k is immoral
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95230372

And then:
    I fathom how somebody could sit listening to the problems of a staff member on 20k per year when they are on triple

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95231138
    Endthescam wrote:
    It's annoying when I'm trying to support a family and being constantly told there's no jobs out there or that they can't afford to bring a new person in. One person being paid 120k would translate into 4 full time jobs. I'd jump at one of them. The people will only tolerate this lack of fairness for so long.

You quite clearly have a chip on your shoulder with people who earn a lot.

Haha lovely. Stung by the boll ox.
    Dont understand haters seriously. Just be happy for someone doing well instead of being jealous

• Advertisement

Haha lovely. Stung by the boll ox.
    Dont understand haters seriously. Just be happy for someone doing well instead of being jealous

Not if you read our full post history.

??
    no reply to being caught out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Tut, tut. Not very good at this, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

What ever Conor has earned all I know is it no where near Chael P Sonnen the reigning defending two time champion earns in a day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Conor does bring the money talk on himself however that talk there is cat. Conor said he was going to clear equivalent to the total gate which was 6-7m. Whos is to say what kind of PPV cut he is on, could well be the highest % anyone has cleared in the UFC. However prob won't clear 7m from UFC.

I'd be happy for McGregor to retire comfortably in a few years, he has skills which are desirable and will have a short career from fighting which he has to make the most of while he is in him prime.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Over two years. Take 40%+ off for taxes. Take costs out for trainers, insurance, physios, flights and a ton of other stuff. Convert to euro.
    Yeah it's modest stuff.

Sure he gets those free from Reebok :D

Saipanne wrote: »
    Tut, tut. Not very good at this, are you?

I'm very, very good at this. You are the ones that don't get it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Good at what exactly? :confused: Making nonsense statements? Yeah you got it nailed..

Refer to Mellors comment above..you would jump at a €120k job but now you are making the same sort of money as McGregor. Go back under the bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

You got served. Badly exposed. Your credibility is shot to pieces.

There is no way back... until you rereg.

• Advertisement

Saipanne wrote: »
    You got served. Badly exposed. Your credibility is shot to pieces.

There is no way back... until you rereg.

Read our post history, you've messed up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement