Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Endthescam wrote: »
    Read our post history, you've messed up.

Yawn. Ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I believe he said he would jump at a 30K job as a 120K job is enough for four people.... roughly around what Conor will make additionally to his purse,PPV cut, sponsorships as champ per fight on the new Reebok deal. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,351 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Axwell wrote: »
    Refer to Mellors comment above..you would jump at a €120k job but now you are making the same sort of money as McGregor. Go back under the bridge.
    It's was actually €120k split into 4 jobs, so €30k.
    Read our post history, you've messed up.
    Why do you kept refering to yourself in the plural with "our".
    Split personalities?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

If the fight in July is half as entertaining as this, we're onto a winner.

And if like this one, it ends in an epic KO for the majority of the fans, even better!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

Mellor wrote: »
    It's was actually €120k split into 4 jobs, so €30k.

Why do you kept refering to yourself in the plural with "our".
    Split personalities?

Look if you guys want to bother dragging up our post history them at least get the full story before making false conclusions. This is a debate I don't want to have. It's not about me, it's about us potentially bailing out another bankrupt. By all means act the big man when you have a few mil in gate bank, a pension and a future income.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lads, Endthescam is winning and you're losing by engaging.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

It should have stopped with Mellors post. There's nothing left after that.

So, Conor eh..? I fancy his chances in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The closer the fight gets, the more unsure I am that Ado will smash him. And I love the idea that i'll be watching an Irishman fight for a UFC title and have no idea how it's going to go. Can't wait for this fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,351 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The closer the fight gets, the more unsure I am that Ado will smash him. And I love the idea that i'll be watching an Irishman fight for a UFC title and have no idea how it's going to go. Can't wait for this fight!
    I'm the same. Initially I said that odds above 1.8 will be generous. When Aldo's odds went above 1.9, I loaded up thinking it'll come back and I can lay off.
    But now I'm not sure it should be lower, and I've a few hundred on aldo that I dont want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

The odds are way out of whack with reality. Too many bandwagoners backing the hype. I've 2k on aldo and looking to add more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Surely with all of Conor's money he can buy himself a ground game...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yer all mad, Conor is a bum who hasn't fought ANYONE! I know it's not much but I'm gonna bet my Mustang on Hosay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

The closer it gets the more I fancy Conor's chances, but I think the odds are absolutely insane. Unbelievable really, I still think it's Aldo by unanimous decision.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yer all mad, Conor is a bum who hasn't fought ANYONE! I know it's not much but I'm gonna bet my Mustang on Hosay

He couldn't fight his way out of a custom made suit dontcha know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The odds are way out of whack with reality. Too many bandwagoners backing the hype. I've 2k on aldo and looking to add more.

Good man. Ill just ban you to save us from reading any more tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Panic E

I fancy his chances in July.

x2. What are the odds lads? (in fractions)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

Panic E wrote: »
    x2. What are the odds lads? (in fractions)

Mcgregor right now is evens on Bet365

Aldo is 4/5

I'm really surprised that a lot of you guys think this is will go the distance..I just don't see it happening..I think the size difference is going to be the biggest difference in the fight.. Aldo is gonna have a hard time landing any good shots I feel and the leg kicks aren't going to be as big of a factor as people think given Conor is a southpaw which makes it a lot easier to check..Also reading a lot online that Aldos BJJ could be a massive factor but I just don't see Aldo risking a take down against a much bigger guy..last thing he wants is Conor to end up on top because if that happens I don't think he'll be getting up.

I think Conor will finish him in the 3rd or 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I change my mind about what'll happen daily, so leaving the bets alone on this one.

I really don't know, but I can't wait.

I'll back Aldo but I'm up for Conor so it's sort of win win for me.

I know Conor has the range but that didn't stop Diego Brandao or Marcus Brimage landing on him. Aldo is very quick and has too much in his locker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Only 2k :pac: I've 50k on him. Well hard I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Good man. Ill just ban you to save us from reading any more tripe.

TKO by referee stoppage.

Great refereeing, saved him from unnecessary punishment when he was out on his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I'm in two minds about the fight aswell. One week I think McGregor will smash him in two, the next Aldo by decision.

I have a small feeling Conor could win via RNC.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I have a small feeling Conor could win via RNC.

*ahem*

No ground game = no RNC

Obvs. ;)

I'm really looking forward to it. Almost 9 weeks away until I regrettably drink way too much and miss everything after one too many lanyard drinks on the strip.

Note to future self: DON'T DO IT!!

I don't see how anyone thinks McGregor could do anything on the ground or even get on top of Aldo, maybe John Kavanagh is brainwashing people. Have we seen Aldo's ground game? Conor needs to hope that this stays standing, then he has a chance.

I don't see how anyone thinks McGregor could do anything on the ground or even get on top of Aldo, maybe John Kavanagh is brainwashing people. Have we seen Aldo's ground game? Conor needs to hope that this stays standing, then he has a chance.

I think he could drop him on the feet, and unlike Siver where it felt like he could have finished him any time he wanted I think he'll want to get the finish ASAP so he could lock it in. Aldo is a black belt yeah but ever hear Eddie Bravo talking about Conor's jujitsu

I did, he said he was ballsy enough to train with his best guys. I don't see that as a sign that he'll sub Aldo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Anytime I think of Aldo on the ground I immediately remember the last round of Aldo v Mark Hominick. The way Hominick held him down and pounded on him for the whole round makes me think Conor could do the same and win by tko.
    But then I'm the same as a lot of people here. I'm constantly switching between Aldo and McGregor. I definitely won't be putting money on it anyway.

I did, he said he was ballsy enough to train with his best guys. I don't see that as a sign that he'll sub Aldo though.

He said he was very very high level and said if he isn't a black belt already he's about a quarter black.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

TimRiggins wrote: »
    He said he was very very high level and said if he isn't a black belt already he's about a quarter black.

Ye and he's also quarter Irish, quarter Scottish and quarter American

• Advertisement

Not saying Conor hasn't good BJJ, I'd well believe he does, but I don't think he has a hope of winning this fight anywhere but the feet. I'd put the house on him not subbing Aldo. For me he needs to hope Aldo is willing to stand, and show a slightly more patient and defensive standup. We'll see I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement