Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

AND THE NEW...

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Wtf?? Mcgregor Faber coaching ultimate fighter starting sePt 9th???

Just announced by Dana on fox during the ultimate fighter finale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

This knee problem.

Wonder the extent of it or will it have an effect on his time fighting in the ufc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

johnpro wrote: »
    Wtf?? Mcgregor Faber coaching ultimate fighter starting sePt 9th???

Just announced by Dana on fox during the ultimate fighter finale!!

I thought there meeting backstage was a setup , now I am convinced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Any thoughts on Conor on his back? He did not look convincing to be honest. Chad held him down the whole time and was raining those elbows down. Conor said they felt like "nothing" which I don't believe. He couldn't do anything with Chad on top of him it looked like, no working from the guard, pass attempts etc

Food for thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

srumball wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Conor on his back? He did not look convincing to be honest. Chad held him down the whole time and was raining those elbows down. Conor said they felt like "nothing" which I don't believe. He couldn't do anything with Chad on top of him it looked like, no working from the guard, pass attempts etc

Food for thought?
    Most of the elbows i saw were absorbed by conors defence....am i wrong??? if they connected properly he'd be a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Most of the elbows i saw were absorbed by conors defence....am i wrong??? if they connected properly he'd be a mess

Most of them the forearm connected. I only counted 2 elbows that landed hard and one nice punch.

Food for thought?

Eh what about getting out of 2 guillotine attempts?

That isn't as easy as it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Eh what about getting out of 2 guillotine attempts?

That isn't as easy as it looks.

That second escape was a thing of beauty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Food for thought?

If it was as terrible as you think mendes would still be on him

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

That second escape was a thing of beauty

The guilly is John's specialty. We've been drilling escapes like that since day 1.
    I think, defensively, Conor did excellently off his back. He evaded/deflected most of the elbows and shots from Mendes. He was never going to try and submit him off his back - he was going to try and stand up when Mendes did more than be a blanket. Mendes shut down the space Conor created a few times, killing his escape root - framing off the shoulders and using feet on the hips/butterfly hooks to create space and stand up. Mendes was clever in timing his takedowns away from the fence, taking one of the best defences to a takedown away. So he kept his cool, conserved his energy and waited for an opportunity. He was nice and efficient in conserving his energies for employing his best weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That 8 inch reach advantage over mendes really helped Conor, he could stand off him for the first round and pick out his shots. His kicking took the wind out of Mendes too from the off, as you could see he was breathing very heavily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I know P4P rankings don't mean much but I reckon Conor is going to crack the top 10 when they update.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hazys wrote: »
    I know P4P rankings don't mean much but I reckon Conor is going to crack the top 10 when they update.

I very much doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Hazys wrote: »

When do they update? And why is Edgar there and not Mendes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

stephenl15 wrote: »
    When do they update? And why is Edgar there and not Mendes?

Its always a bit of a mess alright but I'm figuring since its not taken that seriously the UFC won't hesitate to promote Conor in anyway they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

The journalist Paul Kimmage is repulsed by MMA.. is there anything that doesn't repulse this guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

chrysagon wrote: »
    The journalist Paul Kimmage is repulsed by MMA.. is there anything that doesn't repulse this guy?

the comments on this article are as bad

http://www.independent.ie/sport/mma/paul-kimmage-mma-is-barbaric-im-repulsed-by-it-31373097.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I wish people wouldn't link or even talk about these rubbish articles or phone in shows that are just designed to wind people up. They want you to get mad and give them traffic, that is their ultimate goal. Cycling journalist doesn't like MMA? Who cares?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what conor trained in at a young age?

Or did he only take up boxing in his teens and then mma in 2008?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Would people take Lorenzos word as gospel that McG v Aldo will be Jan 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Carroller wrote: »
    Would people take Lorenzos word as gospel that McG v Aldo will be Jan 2nd

No, take last time for example a good few peope tried to save some money and book early when it was said to be June 24th.

Don't be that guy.

If Conor has to undergo surgery I'd wait for some concrete info.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Davei141 wrote: »
    I wish people wouldn't link or even talk about these rubbish articles or phone in shows that are just designed to wind people up. They want you to get mad and give them traffic, that is their ultimate goal. Cycling journalist doesn't like MMA? Who cares?

True, i've been purposely avoiding them all for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Whats worse is some of the comments under the article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Found this on reddit, Aldo's comments from radio in Brazil:
    Eu não vou apenas bater no McGregor: eu vou fazer ele de exemplo. Eu vou bater tanto nesse filho da puta que ele não vai conseguir abrir a boca para falar as suas merdas por mais de um mês. Eu vou quebrar a mandíbula desse corno filho da puta em três partes. Os fãs veados daquele corno e o UFC vai se arrepender de ter colocado esse pela saco para lutar comigo porque eu vou apagar a estrelinha dele. Eu vou apagar a estrelinha dele. Eu nunca me senti mais poderoso na minha vida do que agora. Antes de quebrar a costela eu estava nocauteando meio-pesados com golpes no corpo no treino. Eu não posso treainar ainda, mas continuo socando e chutando com a mesma potência. Eu não vou nem me preocupar em desviar dos soquinhos e chutes de dançarina do McGregor: eu vou caminhar na direção dele e tirar a hombridade dele. Humilhar ele. Inchar aquele boquinha de boqueteiro dele. Boa sorte me nocautearÇ o Cigano não conseguiu em treino com contato total. O mais gostoso mesmo vai ser ver a cara dos fãs racistas irlandeses dele. Ver a cara deles depois que eu transformei o herói deles numa bicha.

Translated into English, this would be:

I am not going to only beat McGregor up: I am going to make an example out of him. I am going to beat up this son of a bitch so bad that he won't be able to open his mout to say his ****s for more than one month. I am going to break the jaw of this cuckolded son of a bitch in three parts. Teh ********* fans of that cuckold and the UFC will regret have put that f-tard to fight me because I am going to blow out his little star. I am going to blow out his little star. I've never felt so pwerful in my life. Before breaking my rib I was knocking out light-heavyweights with body shots. I can't spar yet, but I am still punching and kicking with the same power. I won't even bother dodging McGregor's little punches and ballerina kicks: I will walk straight towards him and take away his manhood. Take his pride. Humiliate him. Swell up those ****-sucking lips of his. Good luck KOing me: Cigano couldn't do it in full-contact boxing. But the most delightful will be to see the look on the faces of his racist Irish fans. Look at their faces after I have turned their national hero into a bottom-boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

OH HE MAD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

WOW, Angry Aldo is hilarious LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

'I am going to blow out his little star'

...oh no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

'I am going to blow out his little star'

...oh no
    the chocoloate starfish??? ohh noooo conor's in trouble!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement