Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Conor has entered the p4p rankings at number 14.
    That pushes Johnny Hendricks out of the list and moves Edgar down to 15th.

Gunni up to 11 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

How does the p4p rankings work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

ricero wrote: »

They don't! They make zero sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Shows balls.ie and entertainment.ie up as the tabloid amateurs that they are. How could any half decent website run with something like that without even the most basic of fact checking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Shows balls.ie and entertainment.ie up as the tabloid amateurs that they are. How could any half decent website run with something like that without even the most basic of fact checking?

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 12 NotoriousNidge

RIP Journalism.

No time to fact check. Just get it up online and watch the clicks roll in. Really poor form.

From what I can see the story originated from a post on Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Based on a collection of mma journalists rankings I think. So a lot of its their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Panic E

Here's what Aldo did say on Rock Bola:
    We will run through him no matter when the fight happens, but his time will come. When it does, you can be sure we will smash him.

I’m still recovering, should be back to training in two weeks. I’ll do more exams. As soon as the doctor clears me, I’ll be back to training.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A colection of journalists from around the world pick their top fighters in each division and also pick their P4P lists.
    The official rankings are simply an aggregation of those lists.

It's all highly subjective, as P4P isn't really a tangible concept. Plus people are are affect too much by recent fight cards.
    Hazys wrote: »
    Its always a bit of a mess alright but I'm figuring since its not taken that seriously the UFC won't hesitate to promote Conor in anyway they can.
    The UFC have any say in the lists as far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Couldn't convince anyone to go to vegas for the 11th so I ended up not going. Now i'd nearly consider going alone to the Aldo McGregor fight like a loser :P I just hope I'd be able to find people to have the craic with.
    I travelled by myself for it and had better craic than if I had gone with a group. Was able to do what I wanted when I wanted. Everyting I attended , Expo, Dropkicks gig, weigh in, Fight and after party I met a bunch of people I was able to chat with and have the craic with.

That included Irish fans, US fans, locals from Vegas, fighters I got to chat to and Arnie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I really wish they would just announce when the Aldo fight is.. Very close to booking for new years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I travelled by myself for it and had better craic than if I had gone with a group. Was able to do what I wanted when I wanted. Everyting I attended , Expo, Dropkicks gig, weigh in, Fight and after party I met a bunch of people I was able to chat with and have the craic with.

That included Irish fans, US fans, locals from Vegas, fighters I got to chat to and Arnie!

Sounds unreal fair play :D Hmmm, I might just risk it for the Aldo fight :) Thanks for that :D I just feel like i'd be skulking around on my own :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conor reading mean tweets directed at him, very funny actually
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Db7tR3XoCYU

dave1982 wrote: »

Brilliant! Poor Nicki Byrne :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

dave1982 wrote: »

"I will wipe the tears with my money".
    That is a lot of wiping: 4.6 million dollars allegedly.

I am not the biggest fan of UFC but fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I know Dana makes promises and routinely breaks them but Christmas might be put on the back burner for a few people. Says Aldo vs McGregor could be in AT & T Stadium in Dallas in December. Could potentially fit 100,000 for the fight :eek::D:D

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/17/8991105/ufc-look-at-holding-aldo-vs-mcgregor-at-at-t-stadium-in-december

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

Anyone know when they are likely to announce the venue and date for the fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

I am going to make one prediction about Conor McGregor.

Himself and Dana White will at some stage have a major falling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I am going to make one prediction about Conor McGregor.

Himself and Dana White will at some stage have a major falling out.

Nah...Dana and his biggest draw falling out, never

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Tito Randy were huge draws both now disowned

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I still think vegas is favourite for that. The MGM will pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Tony McGregor is gonna be on the MMA hour with Ariel Helwani tomorrow. Get ready to cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

oh lord...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Tssk wrote: »
    Tony McGregor is gonna be on the MMA hour with Ariel Helwani tomorrow. Get ready to cringe!

And sure what harm does he do to anyone?

A very very (justifiably) proud dad. Nothing at all cringy about that. I thought he was absolutely brilliant in the bit he did with Gareth A. Davies in the run up to the fight with Mendes.

I take it you wont be subjecting yourself to listening to it if you find it so cringey, so dont let it bother you ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

John_D80 wrote: »
    And sure what harm does he do to anyone?

A very very (justifiably) proud dad. Nothing at all cringy about that. I thought he was absolutely brilliant in the bit he did with Gareth A. Davies in the run up to the fight with Mendes.

I take it you wont be subjecting yourself to listening to it if you find it so cringey, so dont let it bother you ;-)

I don't think it's a stretch to say he's cringey - doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I'm sure most peoples fathers have cringey moments but I wouldn't think less of them for that. Chris Weidmans father is another example - I've no problem with him being proud of his son but when he roars at Joe Rogan " THAT'S MY BOYYYY" -- we'll that's as cringey as it gets. Its just them having fun and enjoying the ride but to say it's not cringey wouldnt be totally honest imo.

Tssk wrote: »

Ariel really is milking the McGregor angle for all it is worth. 10 year kid scheduled last week and now Conors Da. God help us next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Davei141 wrote: »
    Ariel really is milking the McGregor angle for all it is worth. 10 year kid scheduled last week and now Conors Da. God help us next week.

Conor's tailor?

Conor's tailor?

Don't be giving Ariel any ideas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

oh jaysus, Tony must have gotten off the sun lounger in MGM, he was baking on it last I seen him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement