Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dana said he's hoping for December 5th in Dallas.

Also likely Ronda/Tate will be on the same card.

They moved Lawler v Conduit from 194 in December to 193 in October in Melbourne. So that makes sense for McGregor v Aldo to be in December.

There talk of Ronda potentially in Melbourne too, they a stadium booked afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

While I'm not complaining, I would have thought having Conor and Ronda headlining separate cards would be worth more money to the UFC.

I'd say people will soon stop paying $60 to see another Rousey dominance, and if she was the main event the rest of the card would need to be filled out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I'd say people will soon stop paying $60 to see another Rousey dominance, and if she was the main event the rest of the card would need to be filled out

I wouldn't bother staying up to watch her fights. They barely qualify as contests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Predicting Conor/Aldo, Ronda/Tate and CM Punk's debut for the same card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

When is Connor finished tuf?

Wondering on timeframes for getting in the right training for the aldo fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Predicting Conor/Aldo, Ronda/Tate and CM Punk's debut for the same card.

Honestly that'd be underwhelming other than Conors fight. RR tools with Tate again and although it'll be interesting to see Punk I'd rather see a proper high level fight.

Give me Cowboy vs Dos Anjos and another big fight, maybe Cains return fight. Or even Werdums next fight but I think he wants a bit of a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

JustTheOne wrote: »
    When is Connor finished tuf?

Wondering on timeframes for getting in the right training for the aldo fight.

No idea when it finishes...but does anyone know when it will be shown? September? Or later?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

McGregor vs Aldo will not happen in Dallas, no chance. I still think Dana is strong arming the MGM. The stadium shows just aren't massively profitable for the UFC, it's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

Expected air date is September 9, can see them annoucing the fight details at or closer to UFC 191 and then roll out all the promotion stuff for TUF.

"Aldo V McGregor UFC 194 Cowboy Stamdium, Dallas Texas", Rogan and Dana go mad, cuts to ads, "Watch the new Ultimate Fighter, Team McGregor vs. Team Faber, Wednesday night only on Fox" etc. Promo machine at full steam again.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

I really hope it's in Vegas, I've no desire to hit Dallas at all...if they're doing a stadium just hang on till croker/aviva next summer!

• Advertisement

johnpro wrote: »
    I really hope it's in Vegas, I've no desire to hit Dallas at all...if they're doing a stadium just hang on till croker/aviva next summer!
    If Conor beats Aldo he'll defend his title on UFC 200, probably in new Las Vegas Arena.
    An Irish stadium is getting pushed to the back of the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

johnpro wrote: »

Just wish they'd announce it. Vegas jam 2nd and I can go ahead and book time of work book flights and get excited

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭threeball

Mellor wrote: »
    If Conor beats Aldo he'll defend his title on UFC 200, probably in new Las Vegas Arena.
    An Irish stadium is getting pushed to the back of the picture

The only Irish stadium show you'll ever see is if Duffy meets McGregor somewhere along the way and one of them holds a title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I just don't see how they could pull an Irish stadium off at American ppv hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Newbie in here............just curious to know what the timeframe would be for announcing the next fight? I have heard a few different dates/venues so just curious as to how long before a fight they announce date/venue.

Trying to arrange a stag party around the fight..........

cheers

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

The only way I see it happening is when mcgregors contract is running out and he plays hardball

The UFC talk alot of **** been on about dallas stadium event "this year" for the past six years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

While I'm not complaining, I would have thought having Conor and Ronda headlining separate cards would be worth more money to the UFC.

I think they realized nobody in their right mind will pay for a PPV with Rousey-Tate 3 as the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

frag420 wrote: »
    Newbie in here............just curious to know what the timeframe would be for announcing the next fight? I have heard a few different dates/venues so just curious as to how long before a fight they announce date/venue.

Trying to arrange a stag party around the fight..........

cheers

A

That's an expensive stag party!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I went to UFC 100 for my stag.

Not so much stag party, there were only 2 of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Stingy hoore mates more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Regarding the AT&T Stadium, I feel this is THE year to go for it. Rousey and McGregor v Aldo on the same card would almost guarantee 80k seats sold and add a few more names and they would fill it.

I feel that with the popularity that Conor and Ronda have at the moment that it is the perfect "iron is hot time".

On a side note, I checked tickets for Bocelli for his December 5th gig in the MGM and it stated there are currently none for sale. Tickets went on sale in March and may be sold out, and if so moving this to the Mandalay Bay is not possible. So this has me feeling that the UFC cannot have the MGM and they would not like to put Aldo v McGregor in the Mandalay Bay.

I hope they try Dallas and although a lot of journos in the know have been saying the past few days that it will be Vegas, I really hope it is in Dallas.

Also I want to visit 6 Flags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Also I want to visit 6 Flags.

Fly in and out through LA or SF and take a day either side to do 6 Flags there?

I don't think the AT&T will happen within a year tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

That's an expensive stag party!

Well it is for me as am going from London but its my brothers stag and he lives in San Fran!! Come to think of it there is going to be a few from home going too. May get a few guys on the undercard ha ha!

So does anyone know when it may be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hope announcement for aldo fight is close to actual event maybe 8 weeks, these 5 month announcements are a joke way too much time for someone to get injured.hopefully announce mid to late September fight in November

dave1982 wrote: »
    Hope announcement for aldo fight is close to actual event maybe 8 weeks, these 5 month announcements are a joke way too much time for someone to get injured.hopefully announce mid to late September fight in November

It looks like 3 months is the norm these days, they've announced all the events as far as UFC 193, so 194 will be in the next few weeks. I'd say early September.

UFC 194 Dec 5, 2015 TBA TBA[7]
    UFC Fight Night Dec 2015 TBA TBA[7]
    UFC Fight Night Nov 28, 2015 Olympic Gymnastics Arena Seoul, South Korea[9]
    The Ultimate Fighter Latin America 2 Finale: Brown vs. Gastelum Nov 21, 2015 Arena Monterrey Monterrey, Mexico[10]
    UFC 193: Lawler vs. Condit Nov 15, 2015 TBA Melbourne, Australia[11]
    UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson 2 Nov 7, 2015 Ginásio do Ibirapuera São Paulo, Brazil[12][13]
    UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Duffy Oct 24, 2015 3Arena Dublin, Ireland[14]

Anyone here think UFC would ever get higher attendances than Pride used get?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

dave1982 wrote: »
    Anyone here think UFC would ever get higher attendances than Pride used get?

I doubt it. Stadium shows will be a massive rarity for the ufc, since they are set on las Vegas mgm as their general base.

Tinie wrote: »
    I doubt it. Stadium shows will be a massive rarity for the ufc, since they are set on las Vegas mgm as their general base.

Yaeh thinking same myself Pride done a 90K live gate, thats huge

• Advertisement

The 90k pride events was once off too. The had a couple in the 50-60k range I think but the majority were below that.
    Definitely higher than the UFC on average though. But I think the UFC could take the record with once off events. There's two potential stadiums shows on the card this year, probably do a 60k and 90k+ gate if they go ahead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement