Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Booked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Seen an add for the ultimate fighter starting September 9th.

Anyone know what way it works. Is it finished recording or is it live episodes or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Was so close to booking vegas yesterday. Just bit enough time to save! Only back since June..I'm so upset I won't be there for the fight lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Seen an add for the ultimate fighter starting September 9th.

Anyone know what way it works. Is it finished recording or is it live episodes or what?

It wont be live, think they tried it live for one season only.

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    It wont be live, think they tried it live for one season only.

Is it finished recording?

I've no idea, if I was to guess I'd say it'll have finished recording by the time the first episode airs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's recording right now

You were asking if TUF was finished recording

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/636467467829669888

xtal191 wrote: »
    You were asking if TUF was finished recording

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/636467467829669888

Thank you.

I was more wondering when he can get started on his training for his biggest and toughest fight yet.

Needs now to focus on this fight only in my opinion.

Mendes fight was brilliant from him but there was a few weaknesses he needs to address.

• Advertisement

Thank you.

I was more wondering when he can get started on his training for his biggest and toughest fight yet.
    I'd be surprised if he hadnt already started training tbh.
    Mendes fight was brilliant from him but there was a few weaknesses he needs to address.
    It was hardly flawless, but I think Aldo presents an entirely different set of problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Needs now to focus on this fight only in my opinion.

Conor is always training, he is always in shape. Many fighters would just take it up a couple notches 7-8 weeks out.

If you go intense too soon there is the risk of burn out or injury. SBG fighters train smart and look to train as hard as possible with minimal risk or damage taken within reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

UFC obviously not pumping much money into media for this one, can't find anything only posters for event online. Which is probably good thing this early on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

dave1982 wrote: »
    UFC obviously not pumping much money into media for this one, can't find anything only posters for event online. Which is probably good thing this early on

I'd say when the TUF filming is over then the promotion will be brought up a few notches.

Also at the Dana Q&A at 189 a fan did ask about the money spent on the original fight and if I remember correctly Dana said they'll be spending even more on the build up this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

dave1982 wrote: »

They are having a promo event Friday week, UFC's 'Go Big', similar to the others earlier in the year. Promo machine for all upcoming events will likely kick in after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Rogan calling the interim belt illegitimate & made up....he's been very vocal lately about how he's "got too many things" going on in his life & he'd be happy to lessen the load, given some of his comments lately about the Reebok deal, "ridiculous" weight classes & now this it's almost as if he's trying to piss off Dana & Lorenzo

https://youtu.be/QGIxvN4PlV0?t=1h2m18s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Rogan calling the interim belt illegitimate & made up....he's been very vocal lately about how he's "got too many things" going on in his life & he'd be happy to lessen the load, given some of his comments lately about the Reebok deal, "ridiculous" weight classes & now this it's almost as if he's trying to piss off Dana & Lorenzo

In a way it's right tbh, they made the belt for money reasons.

On another note, if they did add more weight classes people would still cut massive amounts of weight. You'd have to do it in a boxing weight where you can only weigh a certain amount over the agreed weight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I agree. I think hes indifferent about carrying on with them. He's probably hating himself about having to bite his lip on certain things even though hes flying closer to the wind with these remarks. I remember his saying recently ''If dana called me and said i think weve gone as far as can,...id say ive had a ball and wouldnt be sore about it at all''.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

They should be weighed before they get into the cage and can't be 5lbs over the weight. If they do, they forfeit a % of their purse or can't win the belt. That'd fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

We all know he's right but for such a high ranking employee to come out & publicly state it in such a "bro" like setting it'd deffo piss me off if I was his boss

• Advertisement

On another note, if they did add more weight classes people would still cut massive amounts of weight
    I don't think it was related to massive cuts (which is its own issue) but rather the big jumps between the upper classes. On one hand I agree, there's definitely a class of fighter who are too big for 205, but undersized at 265. But on the other hand, 265 is empty as it is.

Similarly some guys in LW/WW/MW look like they are between divisions. Adding 165/175 in pkave of 170, evens it out a bit. Increases the chances of double division champs, and superfights.
    But is it too much?
    You'd have to do it in a boxing weight where you can only weigh a certain amount over the agreed weight

Isn't that only a rule in boxing in some federations (or where both fighters agree to it in the contract)

Nothing wrong with what Rogan said, he's 100% right

They should be weighed before they get into the cage and can't be 5lbs over the weight. If they do, they forfeit a % of their purse or can't win the belt. That'd fix it.

I'm all for an upper limit, but 5lbs is way way too tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Well it IS a made up belt. It's about as made up as you can get. He doesn't deserve to be interim champ IMO. But they couldn't take McGregor out of the main event so they did what they needed to.

You're right about Rogan being more vocal these days. He was talking about how he doesn't agree with the Reebok deal a couple of weeks ago and how he's on the side of the fighters. If there is anyone who is on the inside of the UFC but doesn't need it, it's Rogan! And for a full time UFC shill like him to say it, it lends weight no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Haven't seen it posted yet

Jf6OuAd.jpg

Lol, in case he forgets his name?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

At least he won't be changing his nickname to Celtic Tiger or whatever it was :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Probably should be Notorious on top since hes "The Notorious" Conor McGregor..too late now though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Maybe he'll get knocked out one day and wake up thinking his name is the McGregor Notorious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

dickwod1 wrote: »

Can't see anything wrong with that except an entire show being called off if most of the card fails the fight day weigh in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement