Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

JJayoo wrote: »
    Christ the gimp in the purple t-shirt and shades.....puke

he was an Aussie, say no more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Couple of good ones from Conor, but I'm starting to feel embarrassed by his carry on, poor from him tonight on a few levels, the stroke comment was poor form. Needs to mature a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Seems like Conor is sobering up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

"I'm from sandy mount" said in the most Australian accent you'll ever hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Always makes time for fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I had to tune out for a few minutes and just came back for the last 90 secconds of the stream. Were all the fighters doing pictures with the fans or was it just Conor McGregor??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Conor in full motion tonight prob a good thing he is coming back here for a while.

How can I not try to get a ticket for December now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I like his antics most of the time but I found myself wishing he'd shut up there. Jesus, head wreck.

He's doing fantastic job of keeping himself current, despite the fact that he hasn't fought in nearly two months and his next multi million dollar fight isnt for another 3 months.

Some might call his carry-on cringey or embarrassing, but I think he is a genius and a rich one at that.

He's laughing all the way to the bank while all the haters are losing their **** over him.

Well done Conor lad!! Get in!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

EcstaticFrightenedGhostshrimp.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

John_D80 wrote: »
    He's doing fantastic job of keeping himself current, despite the fact that he hasn't fought in nearly two months and his next multi million dollar fight isnt for another 3 months.

Some might call his carry-on cringey or embarrassing, but I think he is a genius and a rich one at that.

He's laughing all the way to the bank while all the haters are losing their **** over him.

Well done Conor lad!! Get in!!!

It's embarrassing. He's embarrassing. I don't really care how much money he makes, it doesn't make him any less of a nob.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Garbrant is an absolute helmet to be fair. No surprise to see his "hold me back" act after the push.

Whatever people think about Conor, lets be honest here, he would annihilate Garbrant every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Conor has a lot going on right now LOL. He basically conjured up fights with at least a third of the fighters at that conference. Jose leaving early for a wedding was comedy gold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

nocoverart wrote: »
    Conor has a lot going on right now LOL. He basically conjured up fights with at least a third of the fighters at that conference. Jose leaving early for a wedding was comedy gold though.

yeah, he had a plane to catch for a wedding, like waiting another 10mins for the end woulda killed him

winston82 wrote: »
    It's embarrassing. He's embarrassing. I don't really care how much money he makes, it doesn't make him any less of a nob.

And for every one of you that thinks he's a nob there is a guy that thinks he's a god. The man will retire as the richest MMA fighter of all time without a doubt.

Even if he loses aganst Aldo, he has already done enough to make himself the most polarising figure in MMA and, worst case scenario, he has at least 2 more 1million + PPV events head of him. 99% of people think this game is about winning belts. MccGregor knows better.

Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Conor's a mad bastard but it's clear that he's getting a little frustrated that Aldo isn't getting as involved in terms of hyping up the fight.

In fairness, he doesn't need to. Conor's been hyping this fight for a long long time by himself. It doesn't need much more hype.

It's near 12 months in the making.

As for the Duffy feud, I would fear for my safety if a second fight happened here. McGregor fans vs anti-McGregor fans getting up in arms over who is the better fighter.

D'lahv-line would be hoppin' Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

And for every one of you that thinks he's a nob there is a guy that thinks he's a god. The man will retire as the richest MMA fighter of all time without a doubt.

Even if he loses aganst Aldo, he has already done enough to make himself the most polarising figure in MMA and, worst case scenario, he has at least 2 more 1million + PPV events head of him. 99% of people think this game is about winning belts. MccGregor knows better.

Genius.

That's nice for him. I'll retire a happy man too. I'll just be that little bit happier with myself when I do.

I can only imagine the type of person who would consider Conor McGregor a "God" . Fking LOL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

That's nice for him. I'll retire a happy man too. I'll just be that little bit happier with myself when I do.

I can only imagine the type of person who would consider Conor McGregor a "God" . Fking LOL.

Wouldnt consider him a god but i highly doubt ull retire happier! he can retire before 30 and live the dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »

He doesnt need fans, he needs people to want to watch him thats all, his game is making money end of, the way his acting = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ its that simple people here can talk as much waffle as they want about him but at the end of the day they are still talking about him and he ll be the one having millions in the bank because of it.

• Advertisement

Only proving my point mate. Mcgregors wants people to hate him almost as he wants people to love him. He's playing us all, fans and haters alike.

And I say, fair play to him. Make your millions and get out man!!

I can't for the life of me understand how people from this country hate McGregor. Is he cocky, is he up his own ass and is he a bully? Sure he is! alot of people I meet in everyday life are like this... the only difference is most people aren't as talented or entertaining as Conor is. Best of luck to him. He will be great for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

McGregor must have not have many true friends. Behind all the bravado I see a very lonely person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

nocoverart wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me understand how people from this country hate McGregor. Is he cocky, is he up his own ass and is he a bully? Sure he is! alot of people I meet in everyday life are like this... the only difference is most people aren't as talented or entertaining as Conor is. Best of luck to him. He will be great for Ireland.

Ya, gee, i wonder what it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I have to say I laughed my ass off.

bur wrote: »
    McGregor must have not have many true friends. Behind all the bravado I see a very lonely person.

Yeah it must be very hard for him, the poor soul with all his millions.

Go way tafuq willya? Clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

bur wrote: »
    Ya, gee, i wonder what it could be.

Ha, good spot. Probably the only thing that could beat his ass TBF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Yeah it must be very hard for him, the poor soul with all his millions.

Go way tafuq willya? Clown.

Phew lucky you were here to defend Conor from a posters opinion.

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »

Because he wants more money? his dead right to milk it for what its worth and make as much as he can i doubt he cares what anyone thinks just wants to make money

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement