Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

Nathan Diaz ✔@NateDiaz209
    @Cowboycerrone @RdosAnjosMMA lames you should've stepped up in that press conference instead you both got punked out like some #bitches..
    4:39 PM - 6 Sep 2015

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Nathan Diaz ✔@NateDiaz209
    @Cowboycerrone @RdosAnjosMMA lames you should've stepped up in that press conference instead you both got punked out like some #bitches..
    4:39 PM - 6 Sep 2015

Diaz tellin it like it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

JJayoo wrote: »
    You do get that when he has missed title defenses due to an injury it just means the fight was pushed back a few months? It doesn't mean that he gets to skip fights

Pretty sure at this point that people who continually roll out the never fights ****e actually don't know that.

At first I thought they were looking to wind people up or messing, but at this point I am pretty sure they believe it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Pretty sure at this point that people who continually roll out the never fights ****e actually don't know that.

At first I thought they were looking to wind people up or messing, but at this point I am pretty sure they believe it.

If you go back a page you ll find the mod saying to take comments like that to pms.

evo2000 wrote: »
    If you go back a page you ll find the mod saying to take comments like that to pms.

Not in the mod comment I read.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

More non factual bull**** yawn...

You started it ;)

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You started it ;)

Nope i only deal in facts not problem people cant handle it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads do ye not have playschool in the morning or something, it must be long past yer bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Pulse8 wrote: »

(kudos to him being the only one to bail down to the crowd at the end though, was impressed by that)

All the other fighters were ushered off as soon as the conference was over to do their stare downs/photoshoot. Conor had already done his with Aldo so he didn't have to go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Nope i only deal in facts not problem people cant handle it :)

I hope you look back at what you were posting in this thread tomorrow morning when the sugar high or whatever wears off and you feel a bit embarrassed. Was painful to read such drivel.

• Advertisement

Den_M wrote: »
    I hope you look back at what you were posting in this thread tomorrow morning when the sugar high or whatever wears off and you feel a bit embarrassed. Was painful to read such drivel.

More nonsense, stay on topic instead of attacking me because we dont share the same opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

nydSK0N.gif

This is the last warning in this thread. Any more ridiculous childish bitching will result in bans.

My head hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

El Guapo! wrote: »
    nydSK0N.gif

This is the last warning in this thread. Any more ridiculous childish bitching will result in bans.

My head hurts.

Stop passing the book and ban the troll for a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

JJayoo wrote: »
    Stop passing the book and ban the troll for a day or two.

I think I've been more than fair so far but since you had to push it a bit, you can have the first ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

T-K-O wrote: »
    RE: Interim belts. Im sure a lot of you guys also follow boxing. In boxing, you have guys with interim titles defending the interim belt but at the same time the champion was defending the real title against other opponents....great for sanctioning bodies and promoters. Bad for the sport.

MMA does not want to follow boxing's lead.

IIRC that happened around 2008/2009, there was two HW titles being contested a month apart.
    Randy was champ but announced he was quitting. So they set up Silvia v Nog for an interim belt. Nog won, and then was booked opposite Mir on TUF.
    In the meantime Randy came back and lost his title to Lesnar. Then Mir beat Nog a month later.

Both the HW title and the interim title changed hands before the belts were unified at UFC 100. But it made sense due to the sequences of events leading up to it.

Anyone see the pay for the ufc 191 ? 187000 in total what an absolute joke the majority of fighters made between 2500- 5000 how is that even legal? its no wonder mcgregor acts as eccentric as he does to get the big bucks cant blame him!

• Site Banned Posts: 65 ✭✭Trabejo

El Guapo! wrote: »

My head hurts.

I am going to obliterate you and the entire mod division.

Anyone see the pay for the ufc 191 ? 187000 in total what an absolute joke the majority of fighters made between 2500- 5000 how is that even legal? its no wonder mcgregor acts as eccentric as he does to get the big bucks cant blame him!

That was the Reebok money, not the fighter salary.
    The salaries are a lot more.

Conor has been very very clever here though. By starting feuds with all these top contenders, he knows that should he lose to Aldo he'll probably be handed a 155 title shot just because he's big money. OR be handed a fight against the loser of RDA v Cerrone in order to get the shot.

TBH, I think he beats both RDA and Cerrone. He'd be right up there in the 155 division. Pettis, Henderson, Cerrone, RDA, Giblert, Alvarez......... all fights he'd be favourite for I reckon.

Khabib would pound him to dust however.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Conor has been very very clever here though. By starting feuds with all these top contenders, he knows that should he lose to Aldo he'll probably be handed a 155 title shot just because he's big money. OR be handed a fight against the loser of RDA v Cerrone in order to get the shot.

TBH, I think he beats both RDA and Cerrone. He'd be right up there in the 155 division. Pettis, Henderson, Cerrone, RDA, Giblert, Alvarez......... all fights he'd be favourite for I reckon.

Khabib would pound him to dust however.

What..? I generally agree with your posts but this is absurd.

I've actually read this like 8 times to make sure I'm not mixing things up and still can't tell if my eyes aren't working or if you actually think McGregor would be favourite against these guys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I reckon if McGregor beats Aldo in December he'll do one defense at 145, most likely against Frankie as I dont think Mendes has a chance against him, then if he comes through that with a w i think he'll be parachuted straight into a 155 title fight against cowboy who'll be champ by then, it'll be hyped big, conor will win, and the ufc will parade him around with a belt on either shoulder, the first fighter to hold belts in two divisions since bla bla bla, slightly outlandish predictions i know but its just the way i see it all panning out!

What..? I generally agree with your posts but this is absurd.

I've actually read this like 8 times to make sure I'm not mixing things up and still can't tell if my eyes aren't working or if you actually think McGregor would be favourite against these guys...

Yes. I do.

I'm not saying he'd beat them or they'd beat him.

But McGregor is currently favourite over the Undisputed FW Champ. He was huge favourite going into the Mendes fight. No doubt he'd be favourite over the 155 guys too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yes. I do.

I'm not saying he'd beat them or they'd beat him.

But McGregor is currently favourite over the Undisputed FW Champ. He was huge favourite going into the Mendes fight. No doubt he'd be favourite over the 155 guys too.

Sorry but this part is incorrect. Aldo is very much the disputed champion of the FW division.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Sorry but this part is incorrect. Aldo is very much the disputed champion of the FW division.

Care to explain? Aldo is undefeated in the UFC, how can anyone question his legitimacy as champion.

Not again, please.

Whatever. The UFC Featherweight Champion, who has been the only undisputed FW Champion there has ever been in the UFC and has been UFC FW Champion for many years, defending the title seven times.

Hope that cleared it up.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Care to explain? Aldo is undefeated in the UFC, how can anyone question his legitimacy as champion.
    "Undisputed" has a specific meaning in combat sports. Due to the fact the UFC created an interim title, Aldo is no longer the undisputed champ.
    This has nothing to do with his, or Conor legitimacy. It's simply the parlance for the situation they created.

Mellor wrote: »
    "Undisputed" has a specific meaning in combat sports. Due to the fact the UFC created an interim title, Aldo is no longer the undisputed champ.
    This has nothing to do with his, or Conor legitimacy. It's simply the parlance for the situation they created.

Also the fact that the poster above disputes it means it's disputed anyway :)

Also the fact that the poster above disputes it means it's disputed anyway :)
    Lol it's a proper Catch 22 alright.

It feels like this fight has been building forever. It also feels like nobodies discussed the actual fight in months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Mellor wrote: »
    Lol it's a proper Catch 22 alright.

It feels like this fight has been building forever. It also feels like nobodies discussed the actual fight in months

Yes lets discuss the fight for once.

How would you see Conor winning ?

And how would you see Aldo winning ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement