Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

How much have you staked on the KO as a matter of interest? Do you give Aldo any chance of escaping the first round, more to the point, will conor allow him to go two or maybe three rounds?

*Also, its not "people" saying, it was me, an individual poster. I will say it again so its clear, if McGregor stands in front of Aldo like he did against Chad it will be bad for him.

I know you are looking forward to coming back in December to see what people have to say about the fight when its over, my only fear is that you won't be back :(

Id imagine the other 4 people thanking your comment share the same sentiment? i have a bet on conor koing aldo in the 3rd, naturally aldo has a chance

You also never addressed why its going to be bad for mcgregor to stand infront of aldo like he did with mendes? he is after all the bigger puncher of the 2 and has more range? id imagine its aldo that needs to be aware of mcgregor, are these not all valid points?

Whats so bad about standing infront of aldo? he has 1 ko in his entire ufc career?? against a dude that just went 5 rounds standing in the pocket with him?

Again i base my opinion on facts Mcgregor has 17 finishes out of 19 fights... as i said its aldo that needs to worry about standing with mcgregor not the other way round

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

In all honestly lads I think these lads hate each other so much there wont be a TKO but it could end in a finish.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    This is all your opinion, stop spouting it like it is fact.

Ara tis only harmless banter! dont get bent out of shape about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

evo2000 wrote: »
    Ara tis only harmless banter! dont get bent out of shape about it!

At this stage it's more like spam to be honest.

At this stage it's more like spam to be honest.

its not tho stop taking things so personal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Evo I am gonna guess that everyone of your posts in the mma forum is about McGregor. I mean if you aren't a troll, how can you believe what you say when you compare both fighters, I mean forget all the talk and look at the opponents each has fought.

The only way to compare their ability is to see what they have actually done not the sh1te they spout, and if you are a fan of mma or have followed it for longer than a few weeks then giving Aldo no chance is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Whats so bad about standing infront of aldo?

Really? ok, it wouldn't be good for McGregor to stand in front of Aldo due to the power he can generate in his leg kicks, particularly given Conors dodgy knee.

Understand?

McGregor using his good movement and angles to take advantage of his height and reach advantage would be a far better approach don't you agree?

Will you come back in December whatever the outcome? Honestly look forward to what you would have to say in the face of the unthinkable.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Really? ok, it wouldn't be good for McGregor to stand in front of Aldo due to the power he can generate in his leg kicks, particularly given Conors dodgy knee.

Understand?

McGregor using his good movement and angles to take advantage of his height and reach advantage would be a far better approach don't you agree?

Will you come back in December whatever the outcome? Honestly look forward to what you would have to say in the face of the unthinkable.

Wheres this dodgy knee stuff coming from? you make sound like the mans a cripple he just ko d mendes didnt seem dodgy then, i believe they said afterwards its 100% and held up fine but of course ye seem to know better...

Your saying he shouldnt stand infront of aldo? he didnt really stand infront of mendes tho it was more he backed him up to the cage and cut him off, and used his range from there mendes didnt really land anything and what he did land didnt even phase mcgregor and lets be honest he hits alot harder than aldo, theres more than one way to use his range would you not agree? he can back up and counter and use angles like u said (brimmage fight) or he can use his range and power to back aldo up nullify his leg kicks and break him down from there.

Your making it out like what im saying is completely outlandish and outside the realm of possibility when infact its a highly likely outcome.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Evo I am gonna guess that everyone of your posts in the mma forum is about McGregor. I mean if you aren't a troll, how can you believe what you say when you compare both fighters, I mean forget all the talk and look at the opponents each has fought.

The only way to compare their ability is to see what they have actually done not the sh1te they spout, and if you are a fan of mma or have followed it for longer than a few weeks then giving Aldo no chance is laughable.

If he loses ill say i was 100% wrong? why wouldnt i ? aldo has a chance just not that great of one this is a very bad fight for him stylistically, when you take everything into account.

Aldo has been in alot of hard fought fights they catch up with you.

He is the smaller fighter of the two by quite a bit.

Mcgregor has more range and better striking coupled with ridiculous ko power.

Aldo prefers to strike himself.

Aldo has a bad gas tank has he not? its been shown in quite a few fights

Mcgregor pushes the pace.

imo thats a bad for aldo if he doesnt get this fight down he will lose.

Aldo is a great fighter but this is a nightmare match up for him imo.

For example I think khabib is a nightmare match up for mcgregor i think at 155 mcgegor would lose badly to him styles make fights as they say.

These are all fair and legit points if you arent just hating on me because our opinions differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Big Conor fan, but i thought he was lucky against chad. He won fair and square but Conor was too casual at times and Chad rattled him a bit, until Conor shattered him...

Aldo has beaten Chad twice, i think Aldo will be a test for Conor, (is Aldo favourite?) and lets hope Conor handles the cut better this time, last time against Chad he looked fcuked walking out

Just an opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wheres this dodgy knee stuff coming from? you make sound like the mans a cripple he just ko d mendes didnt seem dodgy then, i believe they said afterwards its 100% and held up fine but of course ye seem to know better...

Your saying he shouldnt stand infront of aldo? he didnt really stand infront of mendes tho it was more he backed him up to the cage and cut him off, and used his range from there mendes didnt really land anything and what he did land didnt even phase mcgregor and lets be honest he hits alot harder than aldo, theres more than one way to use his range would you not agree? he can back up and counter and use angles like u said (brimmage fight) or he can use his range and power to back aldo up nullify his leg kicks and break him down from there.

Your making it out like what im saying is completely outlandish and outside the realm of possibility when infact its a highly likely outcome.

Not really you just like to add on some extra flourishes to your posts, I won't bother going any further for now since when I read the first line of your post I figure it could end up being a long, boring night.

Suffice to say, you have a habit of taking what I say, and adding your own editorial extras to them then go on a tangent.

I might get back to you tomorrow but not for right now.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Big Conor fan, but i thought he was lucky against chad. He won fair and square but Conor was too casual at times and Chad rattled him a bit, until Conor shattered him...

Aldo has beaten Chad twice, i think Aldo will be a test for Conor, (is Aldo favourite?) and lets hope Conor handles the cut better this time, last time against Chad he looked fcuked walking out

Just an opinion

Yeah he looked like a missed dinner away from death vs chad but apprently he was injured too so maybe that was a factor but who knows! i doubt he ll stay at 145 tbh even if he wins the belt i reckon he ll move up.

Not really you just like to add on some extra flourishes to your posts, I won't bother going any further for now since when I read the first line of your post I figure it could end up being a long, boring night.

Suffice to say, you have a habit of taking what I say, and adding your own editorial extras to them then go on a tangent.

I might get back to you tomorrow but not for right now.

I think you are just out to disagree with whatever i say regardless of how true it is tbh as my opinion is the unpopular one on here.

Ok these points, Aldo has proven himself to be the best striker in the division time and time again.

Bad gas tank :confused: have you seen his last fight? 25 minutes of all out war. Conor has zero experience of 4th/5th round fighting within the UFC. Look at Aldo's fights saying he has a bad gas tank shows that you have no actual knowledge of him

Ok these points, Aldo has proven himself to be the best striker in the division time and time again.

Bad gas tank :confused: have you seen his last fight? 25 minutes of all out war. Conor has zero experience of 4th/5th round fighting within the UFC. Look at Aldo's fights saying he has a bad gas tank shows that you have no actual knowledge of him

Look at the mark homnick/zombie fights, ive watched alot of aldos fights if we re being honest he does fade in fights especially in the championship rounds,

He isnt lets say gsp esque in the later stages of a fight and he does try to coast, i dont think your being entirely honest about aldos abilitys and are rose tinting them abit.

And what about the rest of the points i mentioned?

Look at the mark homnick fight, ive watched alot of aldos fights if we re being honest he does fade in fights especially in the championship rounds,

He isnt lets say gsp esque in the later stages of a fight and he does try to coast, i dont think your being entirely honest about aldos abilitys and are rose tinting them abit.

And what about the rest of the points i mentioned?

The Mark Homnick fight in which he won by unanimous decision? Conor has never gone into a 4th round. Aldo has racked up 92 minutes of fight time in his last 4 fights, how can u say he has a bad gas tank :rolleyes:

Plus I had to laugh about the rose tinted glasses comment.

The Mark Homnick fight in which he won by unanimous decision? Conor has never gone into a 4th round. Aldo has racked up 92 minutes of fight time in his last 4 fights, how can u say he has a bad gas tank :rolleyes:

Plus I had to laugh about the rose tinted glasses comment.

Clearly you didnt see the end of the homnick fight or the zombie fight otherwise youd understand what i mean when i say he slows and fades badly in fights all it takes is the right fighter to capabilities on it.

Im done defending myself on here anyway, you re just out to disagree with me no matter whats said.

So ill leave it at this

Mcgregor to absolutely destroy aldo and ko him it wont even be competitive :) and we ll see in December whos right or wrong :)

Rose tinting Aldo's abilities?? He is undefeated in the UFC, undefeated in 10 years.

That comment just about sums you up completely Evo. I'll fall asleep laughing thinking of that one.

Rose tinting Aldo's abilities?? He is undefeated in the UFC, undefeated in 10 years.

That comment just about sums you up completely Evo. I'll fall asleep laughing thinking of that one.

So was barao, :) so was anderson silva :) do have a good laugh we ll see dec tho! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

The Hominick fight was an awful weight cut where Aldo looked like he was going to collapse, hasn't happened since. He finished Zombie in that fight so I dont know what you're on about there. Conors an unknown when it comes to the champ rounds, Aldo is tried and tested, and his endurance looked great in his most recent 5 rounder v Mendes.

If I told you that Conor wasn't president on the USA I reckon you'd find a way to disagree with me.

• Advertisement

The Hominick fight was an awful weight cut where Aldo looked like he was going to collapse, hasn't happened since. He finished Zombie in that fight so I dont know what you're on about there. Conors an unknown when it comes to the champ rounds, Aldo is tried and tested, and his endurance looked great in his most recent 5 rounder v Mendes.

If I told you that Conor wasn't president on the USA j reckon you'd find a way to disagree with me.

i do believe aldo was fading in the zombie fight? then cheaply attacked the shoulder? zombie was well fresher and turning it up in the champ rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If he loses ill say i was 100% wrong? why wouldnt i ? aldo has a chance just not that great of one this is a very bad fight for him stylistically, when you take everything into account.

Aldo has been in alot of hard fought fights they catch up with you.
    They take a toll on your body, but he's not going to turn into a shadow of his former self from one fight to the next

He is the smaller fighter of the two by quite a bit.
    By a little bit.

He has a bigger reach, but better striking is a big claim, they both have KO power

As does McGregor???? They play into each other here

wut?

Where has pushed the pace?
    Brimage, Diego and Porrier were all quick finishes where the played into his hands. Holloway was a one sided decision, but he didn't push too hard after popping his knee. Siver, he was on cruise control the whole fight

imo thats a bad for aldo if he doesnt get this fight down he will lose.
    Aldo beats Conor in a grappling match, he may very well go that route

Aldo is a great fighter but this is a nightmare match up for him imo.
    It's a worse match for him than previous, but its by no means a gimme

Mellor wrote: »

Do you realise how taxing it is being backed up to the cage getting peppered with punches and shots to the body? that is pushing the pace? look at nick diaz fights its pretty much the same it doesnt look like much from the outside looking in but it is tiring the constant pressure does wear on his opponents

Do you realise how taxing it is being backed up to the cage getting peppered with punches and shots to the body? that is pushing the pace? look at nick diaz fights its pretty much the same it doesnt look like much from the outside looking in but it is tiring the constant pressure does wear on his opponents
    That's not really relevant to the question I asked. Sure its taxing being hit with shots, I never said it wasn't. I asked which fights did he pushed the pace in?

Are you trying to say the Mendes fight? Seriously?
    Because he spent most on that fight on his back, sure he landed more strikes and went for the kill when it was standing, but Mendes dictated the pace of that one for the most part.

That's not really relevant to the question I asked. Sure its taxing being hit with shots, I never said it wasn't. I asked which fights did he pushed the pace in?

Are you trying to say the Mendes fight? Seriously?
    Because he spent most on that fight on his back, sure he landed more strikes and went for the kill when it was standing, but Mendes dictated the pace of that one for the most part.

Of course its relevant because i dont think you actually understand what "pushing the pace" actually is?

The siver fight the brandao fight anytime he was standing with mendes mendes couldnt get a miniutes peace, that is pushing the pace when you are constantly on someone from bell to bell and having them backing up defending constantly

Unless you ve some other definition of pushing the pace??? his fighting style is hight pressure high pace.

Of course its relevant because i dont think you actually understand what "pushing the pace" actually is?
    LMFAO

Yes, thats it of course :rolleyes:
    The siver fight the brandao fight anytime he was standing with mendes mendes couldnt get a miniutes peace, that is pushing the pace when you are constantly on someone from bell to bell and having them backing up defending constantly

Unless you ve some other definition of pushing the pace??? his fighting style is hight pressure high pace.
    I never said he wasn't all over his opponents. I'm pointing out that he previous fights were completely different, the pace he set was a product of his opponents being vastly outmatched in striking.
    You mentioned he pushed the pace following on from a comment on Aldo gas tank. Suggesting Aldo couldn't deal with it the work rate. I don’t see it, if Conor wants to attack full speed, Aldo will ramp up too.

Conor landed 21 strikes on Brimage in >1min, that’s massive. But it’s so far removed from this title fight to be irrelevant.
    Brimage charged headfirst into a mismatch and was blasted. Aldo, a) has a far better idea of Conor’s style and capabilities, and b) has a far greater striking ability himself.

So was barao, :) so was anderson silva :) do have a good laugh we ll see dec tho! :)

There's not one person on this page saying that Aldo is going to destroy McGregor and I'm pretty sure 80% of us believe McGregor will win, but you are the only one saying it will be a walk in the park for McGregor and that Aldo poses no threat in this fight at all. If you think Aldo will pose no danger you seriously have no idea about the sport of MMA. There is no rose tinting of Aldo's abilities, it is all opinions formed by watching him fight over the last 6 + years. Do I hope you are right and McGregor rips him apart inside 2 or 3 rounds, of course I do, but a bit of realism needs to be put in place here. I think McGregor will win but it will be the toughest fight of McGregor's career by far.

There's not one person on this page saying that Aldo is going to destroy McGregor and I'm pretty sure 80% of us believe McGregor will win, but you are the only one saying it will be a walk in the park for McGregor and that Aldo poses no threat in this fight at all. If you think Aldo will pose no danger you seriously have no idea about the sport of MMA.
    Good sumary of the last few pages
    Do I hope you are right and McGregor rips him apart inside 2 or 3 rounds, of course I do, but a bit of realism needs to be put in place here. I think McGregor will win but it will be the toughest fight of McGregor's career by far.

I agree it will be close, but I don't see it going past 3 round either.

Good sumary of the last few pages

I agree it will be close, but I don't see it going past 3 round either.

I don't see it going past 3 rounds myself but I also don't think Aldo will be in retreat mode and pinned against the cage for those 3 rounds either like Evo seems to be convinced will happen.

• Advertisement

There's not one person on this page saying that Aldo is going to destroy McGregor and I'm pretty sure 80% of us believe McGregor will win, but you are the only one saying it will be a walk in the park for McGregor and that Aldo poses no threat in this fight at all. If you think Aldo will pose no danger you seriously have no idea about the sport of MMA. There is no rose tinting of Aldo's abilities, it is all opinions formed by watching him fight over the last 6 + years. Do I hope you are right and McGregor rips him apart inside 2 or 3 rounds, of course I do, but a bit of realism needs to be put in place here. I think McGregor will win but it will be the toughest fight of McGregor's career by far.

Sorry i think he will destroy Aldo, so Im number 2 :D. If Aldo can get into round 3 I would be very surprised.

Reach, Power, movement, for me the simple factors that will make it so. I think Jose will land legs kicks, but Conors straight left hand will put him on his arse before those kicks can dictate the fight.
    Also what everyone else seems to be forgetting which is a pretty huge factor is that thing thats not allowed to be spoken about on boards. My opinion is very strong that is will be a big factor in Aldo's performance levels, and I wouldn't be part of the innocent until proven guilty movement in the case of MMA at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement