Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

T-K-O wrote: »
    Well that just sums you up nicely.

If you actually read the post you might have an idea.

Bottom line when ur calling zombie, swanson, lamas, bermudez average and unproven you havent a notion..

It just sums u up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Nice try. I'm out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Nice try. I'm out

You are aware of the block option right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Lads, I think everyone is tired of your competition on who knows more about mma. If you're going to have a dick swinging contest take it to pm please. Or else put each other on ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Is there anyone at FW, in your opinion, that Aldo has failed to fight? Who would fit into this "murderer's row"?

I mean, if not, you can hardly call it a negative on him He has beaten the best guys in the world at the weight.

He hasn’t failed to fight anyone but FW simply isn’t a stacked division as the top 4 seem to be far ahead of the rest.

I’ve already stated you can only beat what’s in front of you but he’s been far from emphatic as he could/should have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Yes we know you may have mentioned that before. Sure GSP couldn't finish his dinner, the bum.

Have you been on boards before, the second I don’t include it a poster who hasn’t bothered reading the thread will call me out on it?

GSP couldn’t finish his dinner but I don’t remember posters claiming he was the more powerful striker than Hendricks in the run up to their fight. There was no evidence for that statement just like there’s no recent evidence of Aldo being a more powerful striker than McGregor.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Have you been on boards before, the second I don’t include it a poster who hasn’t bothered reading the thread will call me out on it?

GSP couldn’t finish his dinner but I don’t remember posters claiming he was the more powerful striker than Hendricks in the run up to their fight. There was no evidence for that statement just like there’s no recent evidence of Aldo being a more powerful striker than McGregor.

Thats exactly it, people do come out with some outlandish statements and dont really tell it how it is, yet they ll jump all over you if you dare say they are wrong,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Hey lads, anyone know what the best route would be to take to get something signed? I did a drawing of him a while back and I really want to get it framed, so a signature would be amazing! :o

A user here said he would be able to get it sorted but stop replying so that fell through :( Any help appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Zyzz wrote: »
    Hey lads, anyone know what the best route would be to take to get something signed? I did a drawing of him a while back and I really want to get it framed, so a signature would be amazing! :o

A user here said he would be able to get it sorted but stop replying so that fell through :( Any help appreciated!

Hang around SBG?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Surely there's some way of contacting his people by email of some sort? Or you could go down the route of Tweeting the picture and tagging McGregor and anybody you can think of in the tweet in the hope they'll see it :)

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Surely there's some way of contacting his people by email of some sort? Or you could go down the route of Tweeting the picture and tagging McGregor and anybody you can think of in the tweet in the hope they'll see it :)

Tried it, with a good few people but absolute 0 success :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Maybe he has a media production company working for him, if you could get in contact with them they might be able to get it signed for you. Other than that your best chance would be to hang around SBG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Can you post a pic of it? I wanna see

JJayoo wrote: »
    Can you post a pic of it? I wanna see

3-4 hours in total :)

cuXJ9YK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

cuXJ9YK.jpg

Excellent quality. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Ah I remember that pic. Outstanding talent.

It might be worth tweeting that pic to him and his Teammates in the hope that he might get to see it. Long shot but might be worth it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Amazing drawing I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

cuXJ9YK.jpg

Amazing work. I'd pay for that!

I know someone (not very well, but possibly well enough to ask) who trains at SBG and would know John and likely Conor too. If all else fails, I can always ask him.

What was that really bad tattoo someone got of him?

cuXJ9YK.jpg

Thats a unreal drawing lad

• Advertisement

Thanks lads! :)

I've tried tweeting/Instagram'ing him and a couple of the Irish mma lads but I've have no success so far. I fully understand his schedule is absolute madness and I'm not one to go down the desperate route of sending thousands of messages a day to try and get his attention! But a signature would be so badass, and to have it framed and hanging on my wall would even more so! :o

I'm sure some people will be giving out for spamming the thread, and I'm sorry about that, but I know he is back in Dublin for a little bit so it's a slim chance I can get it signed! :) Again, thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

As already said, park outside SBG & keep an eye out is prob your best bet, saw John Kavanagh tweet before about how many pics & paintings of Conor he's often sent so yours is prob getting lost in the noise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Tweet it to Joe.ie they will run anything Conor related, it should get his attention.

Have you any other drawings?

Tweet it to Joe.ie they will run anything Conor related, it should get his attention.

SportsJoe retweeted it, Joe.ie didn't for some reason :/

I've a load more drawings but not MMA related, thinking of doing Pendred/Holohan next though when my arm heals up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Send him a PM on Boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=494972 :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Literally ANYTHING

stephenl15 wrote: »

After the "Hey Conor.." I decided to check when he last logged in..

You win. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

sometimes i wish Conor would log back on and reply to threads like these!

Mellor wrote: »
    I think its a bit naive to this that they'll catch every incidence of it with this new regime. They simply are't going to monitor everyone. Even high profile fighters, the champions, will have long enough gaps go that getting away with it possible.

I disagree, we'll have to see how it plays out! You should listen to Novitsky on Rogans podcast a while back, he makes a very good case

• Advertisement

Depp wrote: »
    sometimes i wish Conor would log back on and reply to threads like these!

This thread would be ruined.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement