Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Christoper Walkennn...sampled on a promoo..for Conor McGregorr

The hype begins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Axwell wrote: »

Christoper Walkennn...sampled on promoo..for Conor McGregorr

The hype begins!

Aldo is a jackal... what a weird analogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Just want to see him in the gym now.

Jose aldo awaits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Saipanne wrote: »
    Aldo is a jackal... what a weird analogy.

It's just a fan made video, the UFC would hardly be calling their legitimate champion a hyena or a jackal. It's counter productive for marketing.

It's just a fan made video, the UFC would hardly be calling their legitimate champion a hyena or a jackal. It's counter productive for marketing.

"Just" a fan made video?! Its got Walken on it...there wont be a better video :D

• Advertisement

"Just" a fan made video?! Its got Walken on it...there wont be a better video :D

It also has that terrible stock "inspriational video" soundtrack used by everything from the CIA made "I am a ukranian" nonsense to fat to fit bloggers telling their sad stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Unless Morgan freeman gets his voice onto one :)

It also has that terrible stock "inspriational video" soundtrack used by everything from the CIA made "I am a ukranian" nonsense to fat to fit bloggers telling their sad stories.

Its called Time by Hans Zimmer, one of the greatest film composers ever..but sure to someone with no appreciation one might think its some terrible stock soundtrack :)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Unless Morgan freeman gets his voice onto one :)

That maybe would be a close second :D

Its called Time by Hans Zimmer, one of the greatest film composers ever..but sure to someone with no appreciation one might think its some terrible stock soundtrack :)

It's been used for the go to soundtrack for every youtuber with a sob story or a motivational speech for the last 5 years.

• Advertisement

It's been used for the go to soundtrack for every youtuber with a sob story or a motivational speech for the last 5 years.

That and Hoppipola by Sigur Ros.

That and Hoppipola by Sigur Ros.

Or the extended version of Intro by The XX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Paully D wrote: »
    Absolutely horrific from Chael. An embarrassment.

Thought the same when I seen it first myself, but when you look at the tweets it looks like he's just promoting his website and a new t-shirt that says "Red Panty Night" along with Las Vegas and the date of UFC 194 on it. So it just looks like him using Conor's name to get attention and make a few quid, rather than genuinely having a go, imo.

Question is, is Conor in on it and getting a cut! If he's not he'll be looking for it! It's a complete rip off if Chael is simply stealing his lines and putting them on his own t-shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

shrewdness wrote: »
    Thought the same when I seen it first myself, but when you look at the tweets it looks like he's just promoting his website and a new t-shirt that says "Red Panty Night" along with Las Vegas and the date of UFC 194 on it. So it just looks like him using Conor's name to get attention and make a few quid, rather than genuinely having a go, imo.

Question is, is Conor in on it and getting a cut! If he's not he'll be looking for it! It's a complete rip off if Chael is simply stealing his lines and putting them on his own t-shirts.

You have to trade mark something, highly doubt connor did so no he wont be getting a cut

Chael SonnenVerified account
    @sonnench
    It's called MIXED Martial Arts, not a MICK'S Martial Arts. Go back to hurling and doing the RiverDance http://badguyinc.com

:pac::pac::pac: chalk that one up to the bad guy!

I'm surprised he's heard of hurling. Fair play, I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Conor will be appearing in my local teeny bopper nightclub on Friday night, 75euro for a meet and greet pic I believe. There are hardly too many fools who would pay that surely! The entry of 15 euro is bad enough, place is a kip like!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

€75??? Ah here.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Might be slightly OT but in realtion to the Sonnen comments, why do people have such admiration for one the the biggest drug cheats in MMA?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Might be slightly OT but in realtion to the Sonnen comments, why do people have such admiration for one the the biggest drug cheats in MMA?

Yes but also the greatest 2 weight UFC champion ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Maybe because he beat Anderson Silva twice and is the last UFC fighter to hold 2 titles in 2 different weight classes at the same time.

People talk about Pendred being the GOAT, but IMO Chael beats him hands down

In this case he's trying to organise a charity event its all in good fun.

If you ask me more fighters then not have been on the juice up until the last year or two. Chael was just unlucky as he was the first ever guy to be tested out of competition by the UFC. Wanderlay was the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

When it comes to drugs chael is in good company

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Conor will be appearing in my local teeny bopper nightclub on Friday night, 75euro for a meet and greet pic I believe. There are hardly too many fools who would pay that surely! The entry of 15 euro is bad enough, place is a kip like!

€54 for pic, still ridiculous money.....he needs to get himself into camp & stop lowering himself to ****e like this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Pulse8 wrote: »
    €54 for pic, still ridiculous money.....he needs to get himself into camp & stop lowering himself to ****e like this

Fcuk that careers in pro mma are short enough might aswel grab what he can and run.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Depp wrote: »
    Fcuk that careers in pro mma are short enough might aswel grab what he can and run.

to show up at a teeny bopper ? come out of the fog, he s talking 100 mill contracts and his extorting dopey young wans gas..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pulse8 wrote: »

This weekend is 8 weeks out, I imagine that's the start of camp. People were suggesting he needs to go into camp from 13 weeks out, that's a recipe for burnout imo.

Because he's the worlds most interesting person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I agree.

He needs to get into the gym now and out of the spotlight.

He has been relaxing and unwinding now for a good while.

8 week's to the biggest fight in his life.

• Advertisement

In fairness to Conor, AFAIK he's still training, he's not just ****ing around getting pissed and eating steak, he's still going into the gym most days of the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement