Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

sasta le wrote: »
    Its a great gesture im sure he realised he wasnt going down well again not his fault it was the event company.But the event when anoucned over 2weeks ago wasnt a charity event

It's still not a charity event though so it would never be advertised as such. He is just donating his appearance money.

For example if a fighter decided to donate his show/win money the UFC event wouldn't be advertised as a charity night, the organiser is still out to make a profit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I don't understand why people think he can't do both?

"Did you hear Conor McGregor was seen eating in a restaurant?"

-"What? Shouldn't he be training? Surely he should be training all the time and when he's finished training he should be training more and when he goes to sleep at night he should actually be training?"
    Just think nightclubs late night events are a distraction he could do without leading up to the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Only doing it now because negative publicty was gettibg about
    It was a money making thing before that

C'mon now lads no point feeding the troll.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Just think nightclubs late night events are a distraction he could do without leading up to the fight.

If he was doing it every night or weekend well then yeah I'd agree but for a once off like this weekend i'd have no problem.

It's only a 2hr drive down to Waterford so he could easily do a training session today, have his dinner, drive down, and still have a few hours to kill before the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

JustTheOne wrote: »

Oh no, a few late nights....thats really going to miss with him when he's fighting in Las Vegas which is 8/9 hours behind us!

:confused:

Come on, all the straws are gone now! Good luck to him

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Not a troll just stating the truth check the event details via facebook.Its a great gesture but he had to get a p.r push out of it today via all the media outlets

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Anyone going to the Q&A on Monday or Tuesday then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Wonder would it be good?im very new fan to mma so still learning about it etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Not a troll just stating the truth check the event details via facebook.Its a great gesture but he had to get a p.r push out of it today via all the media outlets

Do you think he reads the comments for these events? Or perhaps boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lukker- wrote: »
    Do you think he reads the comments for these events? Or perhaps boards?

Yes. Not all of them but he definitely checks from time to time. Especially twitter and FB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Yes. Not all of them but he definitely checks from time to time. Especially twitter and FB.

Seriously doubt he checks boards. Twitter obviously, and probably facebook sometimes.

Anyone who thinks this is because of some weird backlash online is beyond reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Very impressed with McGregor, moreso that he is giving his time to such a cause than the money tbh. It's easy to just write a cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Seen there on the foundry social media that Gunner Neason will also be there tonight with Conner.

Had a look at Gunners Intergram are they training with each other then ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Seen there on the foundry social media that Gunner Neason will also be there tonight with Conner.

Had a look at Gunners Intergram are they training with each other then ?.

They've been training with eachother, Paddy Holohan, Cathal Pendrad and the rest of the SBG Pro team for a fair while now... Gunnar fights out of SBG Concord with the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

I still stand by my previous posts that this is stupid carry on & agree there was no mention of any charity donation prior to some backlash on social media that was being constantly deleted by the promoter, it's a great amount of money & fair play to him but still dont agree with all this nightclub PA crap

Here's a pic taken by one of the employees in waterford last night & to quote him, Conor was "fulla whiskey"

pXoOxuU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Pulse8 wrote: »
    I still stand by my previous posts that this is stupid carry on & agree there was no mention of any charity donation prior to some backlash on social media that was being constantly deleted by the promoter, it's a great amount of money & fair play to him but still dont agree with all this nightclub PA crap

Here's a pic taken by one of the employees in waterford last night & to quote him, Conor was "fulla whiskey"

pXoOxuU.jpg

And what if he was full of whiskey he's not going to have a hang over 8 weeks from now, he'll be fine. All this outrage is hilarious. Cowboy drinks most days, at press conferences, on podcasts and there isn't anything said, just because he's a professional sportsman doesn't mean it's the end of the world of he has a few whiskeys, it would a completely different story if it was fight week or something everyone needs to relax haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

So?! What are you his aul one?

He's not in camp yet so who cares

So?! What are you his aul one?

:pac::pac::pac:

Not his aul one....a fight fan who's shelling out big money twice this year to travel across the world to support him, Aldo is out doing charity work too I see via his Instagram....no whiskeys in his hand though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

no whiskeys in his hand though

You're dead right. I've heard he's more of a brandy man

• Advertisement

I heard if Conor loses it will be because he drank whiskey two months before the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Just came back in here for a nosey after being away a while. Success and fame brings the numpties out of the woodwork. Reminds me of the 'lads' in the pub sorting out how their football team should play. Think it's best left to the pro's, I reckon they have a fair idea of how it's done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

What a load of cack. The guy is allowed to have a life outside of fighting. Its 8 weeks out ffs he hasn't even started camp, once he gets into camp I'm sure he won't go near drink. Do people think that all athletes live a perfectly healthy lifestyle throughout the year? That's not realistic. Even at that, I doubt he's pigging out, I'm sure he still trains and eats well just not to the same extent.

Not his aul one....a fight fan who's shelling out big money twice this year to travel across the world to support him, Aldo is out doing charity work too I see via his Instagram....no whiskeys in his hand though

Brazil doesn't do whiskey, they have cachaca and if you've ever tasted it you wouldn't drink that either!

I do feel very strongly about this though and I may cancel my 1st ever Vegas trip on the back of a rumour from some waterford nightclub employee :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

One person expresses negative opinion, 20 people respond. Jesus people are allowed opinion with out people constantly berating them, expressing same point over and over again. Only person that conor effects is himself. We will see in December what happens when Aldo shows up and I think he will.

dave1982 wrote: »
    One person expresses negative opinion, 20 people respond. Jesus people are allowed opinion with out people constantly berating them, expressing same point over and over again. Only person that conor effects is himself. We will see in December what happens when Aldo shows up and I think he will.

It's a stupid opinion. Stupid opinions deserve to be ridiculed. You're only upset because you don't really like Conor, which is evident from pretty much all of your posts. You're more than entitled to that view, but stupid opinions are still going to be called out. Not all opinions are equal or valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

OMG he is drinking 8 weeks before a fight .....

Leave him off it's 8 weeks like we have no idea what aldo is doing I bet he is all so having a few drinks. I know the WWE is fake but the amount of times some of them have went into the ring pissed is endless and they where fine lol.

He has 8 weeks hard training ahead of him he will be fine.

He gave the money he was making to the homeless 50K and people where still not happy with that one. 50K is quite a lot of money to be giving away. Must here don't even earn that in a year.

Also about spending money to go to las vegas I am going next year and it's really cheap to go there I am sorry to say hotels are cheaper then Dublin way cheaper. If you don't won't anything posh hotel wise there you can get somewhere for 30 euros a night ..... and flights are cheap once you book them before. BA are very cheap if you book hotel and flights with them. 5 days start per person as little as 500 euros each.

But back to conner I bet before he heads to Cork tonight he is doing a few hours in a gym in Waterford. There pros and they know what there at a lot more then some people on boards.ie of all places

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

He's a person. Not a bloody robot. The amount of publicity he's done for his fights, the UFC and TUF is bloody ridiculous. Now these upcoming Q&A sessions for a great cause.

He is absolutely entitled to relax every now and again. His fight is not until December. He'll be training but he's not in full camp yet.

Come fight week, he'll be ready.

The outrage on here is bordering on insane.

dave1982 wrote: »

Yet the negative comments people are replying to starts of with "I still stand by my previous posts that this is stupid carry on............" so dave you don't think this poster is expressing the same poiint over and over again even though he admits it?

Its a discussion forum but you don't like people discussing this? :confused:

• Advertisement

Doin' some laughing here at the reactions of ye all....freeeeeeakin out :D

It's an opinion, get over it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement