Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Did anyone from here go last night? Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Full of whiskey 8 week's before a huge fight is an issue imo.

It's my opinion. But there is definitely an air of just turn up and win about this.

Just don't see the same dedication leading up to the last fight.

The fight is 8 week's today. So when is this camp starting that will put an end to these appearances and distractions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Full of whiskey 8 week's before a huge fight is an issue imo.

It's my opinion. But there is definitely an air of just turn up and win about this.

Just don't see the same dedication leading up to the last fight.

The fight is 8 week's today. So when is this camp starting that will put an end to these appearances and distractions?

He doesn't need an 8 week camp, he only fought a few months ago. 6 weeks is loads of time. He'll to the heavy work here and move over to Vegas a few days before the fight to settle in and start his weight cut. He's already training full time with the rest of the pro team who are fighting next week and in December.

I'm one of Conor's biggest critics on here in regard to his general behaviour and even I think this "oh he's fighting in 8 weeks" stuff is ridiculous. It's not like he's sitting on a couch 16 hours a day eating pizza and blowing up to 85 or 90kg between fights, but he's not, he's walking around at about 75kg.
    He's in the gym most days of the week and having a few drinks on the weekends. Big whoop, he's an athlete not a cancer patient, he doesn't need to live in a protective bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kevinseymour

I'm selling a ticket for ufc 194 if anyone is interested Pm me for the details!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

moneyman wrote: »
    It's a stupid opinion. Stupid opinions deserve to be ridiculed. You're only upset because you don't really like Conor, which is evident from pretty much all of your posts. You're more than entitled to that view, but stupid opinions are still going to be called out. Not all opinions are equal or valid.

I been very neutral regards conor, I just don't get the need people have to defend him on here he's a big boy who could not give a **** what any of us think on here bout him. I have no issue with his drinking, don't matter to me if he drinking whiskey on way to octagon.

I do however think he's above public appearances in night clubs, which turns out to be a fund raising event which makes more sense.

Whether I like conor or not don't matter either . I do have more respect for him after the Mendes fight. He deserves to be where he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

dave1982 wrote: »
    I been very neutral regards conor, I just don't get the need people have to defend him on here he's a big boy who could not give a **** what any of us think on here bout him. I have no issue with his drinking, don't matter to me if he drinking whiskey on way to octagon.

I do however think he's above public appearances in night clubs, which turns out to be a fund raising event which makes more sense.

Whether I like conor or not don't matter either . I do have more respect for him after the Mendes fight. He deserves to be where he is

I don't think people are defending him. They're just expressing their opinion on a stupid point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Devastator wrote: »
    Brazil doesn't do whiskey, they have cachaca and if you've ever tasted it you wouldn't drink that either!

I do feel very strongly about this though and I may cancel my 1st ever Vegas trip on the back of a rumour from some waterford nightclub employee :rolleyes:

Dont cancel your trip to one of the greatest UFC cards yet cause conor had a drink 8 weeks before it get a grip

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Fundraiser for the homeless, that's 1 of the classiest things Conor has done and fair play to him for it. This Government has created the Homeless crisis and done nothing about it so great to see a public figure doing something about it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Depp wrote: »
    Dont cancel your trip to one of the greatest UFC cards yet cause conor had a drink 8 weeks before it get a grip

Pretty sure he's taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

People complaining about him having a few drinks 2 months before he fights, give over.

Cerrone has said he'll have a few beers the week of the fight.

Do you think soccer players, rugby players, etc don't drink a week before big games? They do. The pro sports stars in the city I live can be seen out drinking during the season.
    Professional athletes don't lock themselves up away from everything. They have pressure they need to blow off and relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Fromvert wrote: »
    People complaining about him having a few drinks 2 months before he fights, give over.

Do you think soccer players, rugby players, etc don't drink a week before big games? They do. The pro sports stars in the city I live can be seen out drinking during the season.
    Professional athletes don't lock themselves up away from everything. They have pressure they need to blow off and relax.

2 months before fight is perfect time to let the hair down just before you start to time your peaking, but soccer and Rugby are far below Mixed Martial Arts for fitness, they have tons of rests and chances to recover

Any fighter who drinks the week of the fight is a fool imo, very unprofessional

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

one would hope so but its hard to know with some of the clowns on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

one would hope so but its hard to know with some of the clowns on this thread

swashbuckler is correct :D I'll try to make any future comments even more sarcastic for you next time Depp ;) I hear ya about the clowns though but tonight is my night off

To confirm - There is a snowballs chance in hell that I will cancel my trip due to hearsay coming from a Waterford nightclub employee

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Seems 8 weeks out of an event is also the time the increase in nonsense posts starts to kick off on the McGregor thread...one of ye even able to tell how much we all earn in a year :rolleyes:

Some of ye should really look at the nonsense ye write before clicking submit reply.

Seen he bought two cars 300k front page of sun , the "motourious"

Seen he bought two cars 300k front page of sun , the "motourious"

So he must doing well

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Fromvert wrote: »

after the way Cerrone was on the Joe Rogan podcast I'd cast serious doubts over how much he says he drinks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh My God.....Coqbull, the BBQ restaurant in Cork up a pic of Conor eating in there. What the actual f*ck is he doing eating burger and chips 8 weeks out from the fight??? It's hard to tell but his cola looks regular and not diet also. That's it, cmon Aldo!!!

So he must doing well

You quoted yourself. That's kind of weird. The reality is he didn't buy any of those cars, he leased them. He might be a bit of a flash git at times, but he's not an idiot.

Sign In

€300,000 octagon in 60 seconds McGregor splurges on two luxury cars and donates €50k to charity
    Main Image
    EXCLUSIVE by BARRY MORAN
    a day ago

FLASH fighter Conor McGregor forked out €300,000 on luxury cars yesterday, then gave €50,000 to help KO homelessness.

The loaded UFC star bought a top-of-the-range BMW i8, worth a cool €160,000, and a Mercedes S Class, valued at €138,000, to add to his already impressive fleet.

Our exclusive snaps show the current interim world champion showing off his new motors to training partner Gunnar Nelson at Straight Blast Gym in Dublin yesterday.

McGregor has made no secret of his love for the fast lane and already owns a number of luxury vehicles including a Ferrari.

Special features on the BMW i8 include swan-wing doors, luxury interiors and top speeds of 250kph.

The Mercedes-Benz S Class features a state-of-the-art camera system which allows drivers to spot speed bumps and potholes in advance. The Notorious, 27, is currently on a promotional tour of Ireland, where he will host Q&A sessions for fans across the country.

But the big-hearted brawler is also putting his money where his mouth is by giving the proceeds of the events to charity.

• Advertisement

You quoted yourself. That's kind of weird. The reality is he didn't buy any of those cars, he leased them. He might be a bit of a flash git at times, but he's not an idiot.

Was on phone, pressed quote instead of edit,

Do you know he only leased them or is New paper wrong?

I pasted the article above

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The journalist has no idea what Conor did. He's simply speculating based on the list price of both cars.
    worth a cool €160,000, and a Mercedes S Class, valued at €138,000, to add to his already impressive fleet.

Leasing is pretty common for luxury cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

"Trust me.. never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

Wise words from Dwayne Johnson in ballers.

Put it this way, if he did buy them, someone gave him ****ty advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    "Trust me.. never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

Wise words from Dwayne Johnson in ballers.

I swear to god I was two seconds away from posting that :D

Great quote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The foundry uploaded the photos there of Conner and Gunnar.

By the looks of it he took photos with a lot more then just the people who got the VIP tickets fair play to him for it he also brought the title and was letting people get photos with that as well.

But pam pissing myself at the VIP area in the foundry they put him in a corner and a few metal barriers around him covered in red bed sheets LoL.

To be honest he dosint even look like he had that much to drink in him 200+ photos and not a glass of whiskey in his hand ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I was talking to Conor on Thursday. He had his new car with him and was doing some filming with Gunni in the ISI.

He said he bought his cars both the Merc and BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was talking to Conor on Thursday. He had his new car with him and was doing some filming with Gunni in the ISI.

Don't believe him, people on here say they are leased!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

In reality, who gives a fcuk if he owns the cars or not...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement