Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

dave1982 wrote: »
    Don't believe him, people on here say they are leased!!!!!!

I think people are just saying it's a bit of a waste of money to spend that much on two cars.
    It's not that he doesn't have it to spend, but as others as have said, it is a depreciating asset.
    Fair play though, lease it or buy it, there are not many who can afford to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

There's a recent interview with Cowboy were he talks about fighting so regularly and money and he seems to suggest that McGregor got 7 million for his last fight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

From Conor's fb

I had a good night at the Q and A last night!
    And all the other events over the weekend.

I am really disappointed to hear people where left without a picture who Q'd up for hours but I am one man.

It has been an intense few days doing these events. I must have taken 10 million pictures and autographs the past four days.
    It has messed me up.

Last night was just a Q and A event but I still stayed on stage after and signed everything I could and then went up into the room they put me in and met about 400 more people for pictures and autographs.

I could never have went and met every single person in that venue individually.

I thank everyone who showed up over the four days and I apologize to those who feel let down with the final event.

I done the events with good intention but on the final event there must have been a miscommunication from the organizer to the fans with what the event was.

I am being told they are reaching out to people now to make amends.

Anyway, it has been a crazy few days for me. Roads travelled. Fans met. Pictures signed. Money raised.
    Now I am done until after my fight.
    Please respect that I am in training now.

It is time to unify my belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,696 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Class gif on Sherdog of McGregor's KO of Ivan Buchinger (M1 champion now?)

Counter from hell

buchinger_ko.0.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Devastator wrote: »
    From Conor's fb

I take back what I said.

He's obviously focused now.

• Advertisement

some lad in work said McGregor turned up 2 hours late and stayed for 40mins at his Q&A yesterday in the wright venue. sound like crap to me, anyone hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I honestly think there are people who won't be happy until McGregor calls round their house for a cup of tea, herbal tea mind, and spends about 3 hours chatting with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I honestly think there are people who won't be happy until McGregor calls round their house for a cup of tea, herbal tea mind, and spends about 3 hours chatting with them.

A saying I heard:

Irish people hate earnest people with good intentions.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

:mad: tea? He's in training FFS whats he doing wanting to drink tea. He can have a cup of boiled water and nothing else and he may be doing press ups while he's chatting! :mad:

ok grand, so can anyone confirm it's bullsheittt!! I'd like to sicken this lad to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

callaway92 wrote: »
    Class gif on Sherdog of McGregor's KO of Ivan Buchinger (M1 champion now?)

Counter from hell

buchinger_ko.0.gif

With regard to Buchinger, you'd seriously have to wonder whose cornflakes he p1ssed on, that he still hasn't got the nod from the UFC. He's easily as good as, if not better than a lot of the guys on the current FW/LW rosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

rusty cole wrote: »
    ok grand, so can anyone confirm it's bullsheittt!! I'd like to sicken this lad to be honest!

Seems to be a few on the FB comments saying same as your source, one woman giving out about the 2 hour wait & how her 4 kids were left disappointed at not getting autographs etc
    There was "23 comments" listed under it when I saw it first but they wouldn't load, seems she now deleted her initial comment about it....must've gotten dogs abuse

Seems to have been down to whoever was organising it in the WV

zw40Qgh.png

piqq5MW.png

Bu1SxsD.png

4HAUBaF.png

ouch what a fooking mess. seems this guy was correct then. what a stupid thing to do. feel sorry for the parents then having to be let down that way and trying to excuse the whole thing to their kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

CatFromHue wrote: »
    50e for a meet and greet is better than 75, that was previously mentioned, for the same though.

I'd agree with BigBoss too. These are all night events so he's well able to get a training session in tomorrow, then head down to Waterford and Cork after and take the weekend off.

Even next week he'll still be able to train during the day and attend the events at night.

I think the confusion came because the nightclub were rumoured to be charging 15-20 for entry, then it would be another 54 to get the meet and greet so making it a 70-75 euro expenditure, was away so not actually sure what they charged in the end. My mate organised/ran it though and the rest of the tour for the weekend so I can ask him I guess.

I have no doubt in my mind however that he is not taking Aldo for granted, a lot of the money raised has gone to charity, to the Simon community afaik and I am sure he is going to be as prepared as he possibly can be mentally and physically for Aldo.

Edit: Just caught up a bit with the thread, as I said I was away so I can see it has been established that it was a charity tour :) Was sent some funny snapchats/pics of the weekend too which I am just getting through, the chap who was with him for the weekend is a shy guy though so doesn't want me putting them up :(

Just this one so! Look at that chin!!

Re Edit: Nope, he doesn't even want that one up! Oh and for the record, since there seems to have been a problem with the WV one, that was done by a different crowd.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Glad to see he is getting his head in the game.

If there is a **** storm over yesterdays appearance I did say appearing in nightclubs is a distraction he could do without!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

If anyone thinks arseholes giving out on the internet is going to affect him you're deluded, one thing anyone who knows/trains with him mentions is his focus, ****e like this wont even redister on his conscience

Depp wrote: »
    If anyone thinks arseholes giving out on the internet is going to affect him you're deluded

They were talking about it on 4fm saying he went early cause his missus was tired.

Anyway who knows.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    They were talking about it on 4fm saying he went early cause his missus was tired.

Anyway who knows.

more like Who Cares IMO

Devastator wrote: »
    more like Who Cares IMO

Do you have any sympathy for the people
    who spent money to see him with kids and didn't?

Probably fabricated in fairness.

• Advertisement

Stays all night: ''thats a disgrace he needs to focus he has a big fight in two months''

Leaves early: ''Thats a disgrace how can he do that to the fans''

Cant win with these numpties sometimes, just gunna talk **** regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Anyway who knows.

He has made his official statement as has the Wright Venue. The only speculation is to wait on the Statement from the Event Organisers but anything after that is just hearsay and carries no weight really.

Also most of the claims (even ones criticising him) have said he left at 11 which it was advertised until. Some have claimed it was advertised till 12 but I havent seen any advertisements for that.

I can understand some of the frustrations with the orgainsers as it sounds like it kicked off late but there is a real sense of entitlement in a lot of people around celebs which I hate and have very little sympathy for those who are hanging off him now but never bothered to see an Irish show in their life and or wont support the coming youngsters who could be the next conor.

Perhaps if a man going home to bed at the time stated on your ticket bothers you, you should really take a look at yourself and revaluate what you perceive to be important in life.

Do you have any sympathy for the people
    who spent money to see him with kids and didn't?

Probably fabricated in fairness.

If it's true then I would say it's up to the club to compensate. What more can the man do than show up and meet as many people as possible it whatever time-frame he had

Depp wrote: »
    Stays all night: ''thats a disgrace he needs to focus he has a big fight in two months''

Leaves early: ''Thats a disgrace how can he do that to the fans''

Cant win with these numpties sometimes, just gunna talk **** regardless!

to be fair I think you're wrong there. stays all night more than meets obligated time paid for in full by all who shelled out over 50 euro.

Leaves early : gets reaction from hard done by punters/fans who paid that's all.

to call actual customers, as they paid for something, Numpties is dismissive and missing the point!

to be fair I think you're wrong there. stays all night more than meets obligated time paid for in full by all who shelled out over 50 euro.

Leaves early : gets reaction from hard done by punters/fans who paid that's all.

to call actual customers, as they paid for something, Numpties is dismissive and missing the point!

never mentioned the customers anyone who didnt get to see him should be reimbursed by the venue, obviously, I'm giving out about the people who are jumping onto it

"Perhaps if a man going home to bed at the time stated on your ticket bothers you, you should really take a look at yourself and revaluate what you perceive to be important in life".

only if the same man arrived out of bed at the same time it said on the ticket. was that the case?

"Perhaps if a man going home to bed at the time stated on your ticket bothers you, you should really take a look at yourself and revaluate what you perceive to be important in life".

only if the same man arrived out of bed at the same time it said on the ticket. was that the case?

Neither the Wright Venue or Conor has addressed this in their statement. So any speculation on that hasnt been confirmed yet. Again though, that is likely to be down to the Event Organiser who has yet to comment on it.

He has made his official statement as has the Wright Venue. The only speculation is to wait on the Statement from the Event Organisers but anything after that is just hearsay and carries no weight really.

Also most of the claims (even ones criticising him) have said he left at 11 which it was advertised until. Some have claimed it was advertised till 12 but I havent seen any advertisements for that.

I can understand some of the frustrations with the orgainsers as it sounds like it kicked off late but there is a real sense of entitlement in a lot of people around celebs which I hate and have very little sympathy for those who are hanging off him now but never bothered to see an Irish show in their life and or wont support the coming youngsters who could be the next conor.

Perhaps if a man going home to bed at the time stated on your ticket bothers you, you should really take a look at yourself and revaluate what you perceive to be important in life.

Does this mean If I go see coldplay and they turn up very late and play for a few minutes I've no grounds to gripe because I never followed them on the local scene and don't read Q magazine for all the new up and comers??

I agree with some of your points but you need to scrap that argument.

Does this mean If I go see coldplay and they turn up very late and play for a few minutes I've no grounds to gripe because I never followed them on the local scene and don't read Q magazine for all the new up and comers??

I agree with some of your points but you need to scrap that argument.

Not really.

Coldplays main income is from their Music. If Conor was scheduled to fight that night and pulled out because the show was running on too long then perhaps he could be subject to the sort of criticism directed toward him today.

If coldplay held a Q&A for one of the many charities they have represneted in the past I don't think there is a huge obligation to fans to stay beyond hours when it will interfere with their preparation for a concert.

Priorities are priorities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I do have a lot of sympathy for the people who shelled out and went with kids for a meet and greet however I don't think that's Conor's fault whatsoever. He can't be expected to hang around til 1 am to meet every single person cos the organisers messed up.

From my experience in the convention centre for the 189 Q&A he was impeccable. We were at the very very corner hoping to get a picture and thought no way in hell would we. But he literally came the whole way around to everyone still smiling and courteous and took my phone off me and took a good pic with a smile and a nod. So I don't think Conor would be the type to intentionally hurt fans who came to see him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement