Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Here lads, I think I've just sorted out Halloween outfits for about 1/2 this thread

415760PwypL.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

This thread is so ridiculous at times.

If it really bothers you that much then call Joe - He'd be more than happy to spout shíte without facts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

This thread is so ridiculous at times.

If it really bothers you that much then call Joe - He'd be more than happy to spout shíte without facts too.

not really the place but is there anyway we could get Joe Duffy to change his ring name From Irish to Liveline? :D

yes I don't want to cloud the point really cos I like conor McGregor.
    I was thinking about having coffee and here's what I feel happened ok.

Conor signs up with all the best will in the world, to do a Q&A raising money for charity as he seems very grounded in actual real life.

Not sure when he arrived so cannot comment but am guessing the host, Wright venue tried to do their best but logistically it fell short and so collateral damage was some fans missing out..

lesson learned but maybe the host can put things Wright :D with them in some way come the future!! even as a gesture, ultimately I'd say it was their mishandling, bad luck id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

rusty cole wrote: »
    yes I don't want to cloud the point really cos I like conor McGregor.
    I was thinking about having coffee and here's what I feel happened ok.

Conor signs up with all the best will in the world, to do a Q&A raising money for charity as he seems very grounded in actual real life.

Not sure when he arrived so cannot comment but am guessing the host, Wright venue tried to do their best but logistically it fell short and so collateral damage was some fans missing out..

lesson learned but maybe the host can put things Wright :D with them in some way come the future!! even as a gesture, ultimately I'd say it was their mishandling, bad luck id say.

I'd say you're not a million miles off there with that but for now people should be have some comprehension the training and preparation that goes into a world title fight.

• Advertisement

I agree with you Pablo and on this particular issue will no longer have an opinion.

On a separate note, I though I heard something about conors knee again on a podcast the other night, I'm trying to find the source. any whispers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

rusty cole wrote: »

On a separate note, I though I heard something about conors knee again on a podcast the other night, I'm trying to find the source. any whispers?

Nice try Aldo, Snake!

vai tomar no cu :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Heard he had to catch plane, best man at wedding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Seems to be a few on the FB comments saying same as your source, one woman giving out about the 2 hour wait & how her 4 kids were left disappointed at not getting autographs etc
    There was "23 comments" listed under it when I saw it first but they wouldn't load, seems she now deleted her initial comment about it....must've gotten dogs abuse

Seems to have been down to whoever was organising it in the WV

zw40Qgh.png

piqq5MW.png

Bu1SxsD.png

4HAUBaF.png

I know that guy Anthony. He went on a rant on twitter afterwards Connor Dm'd him apologising over the **** up and invited him to the gym today to make up for it which is fairly sound of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

14murphy wrote: »
    I know that guy Anthony. He went on a rant on twitter afterwards Connor Dm'd him apologising over the **** up and invited him to the gym today to make up for it which is fairly sound of him.

‎Anthony O'Callaghan‎ to Conor McGregor
    1 hr ·
    Okay so for the last couple of years my man, Conor McGregor has been my hero! Last night I was so excited when I paid for a VIP ticket to meet him at his Q&A event, and to be honest I was absolutely disgusted that he showed up late and left early before meeting all of his fans! It felt like he didn't care and to be honest it stung. Being angry by all of this I took to social media and slated him, something I thought I never would of done! I went to bed bitterly disappointed! I woke up this morning and looked on my Twitter to find a message from no other than the man himself, Conor McGregor! Conor messaged me directly to apologise for not meeting up with me last night and invited me to his gym today for a few pictures! I was ecstatic and extremely sorry 😂 Today was a day I will never forget! Before today I always said "you should never meet your Heros"...I guess I was wrong 😊🙌🏻🇮🇪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Depp wrote: »
    Stays all night: ''thats a disgrace he needs to focus he has a big fight in two months''

Leaves early: ''Thats a disgrace how can he do that to the fans''

Cant win with these numpties sometimes, just gunna talk **** regardless!

That's not really what the "numpties" seem to be bothered by though is it?

Its kinda more like, Stays all night "he should be focused on training not this nightclub appearance ****e"

Leaves early "Its a disgrace to charge people ridiculous money for a meet and greet and then leave them waiting and **** off without fulfilling your end of the bargain"

Carry on though, everybody loves a good strawman.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

stephenl15 wrote: »
    1 hr ·
    Okay so for the last couple of years my man, Conor McGregor has been my hero! Last night I was so excited when I paid for a VIP ticket to meet him at his Q&A event, and to be honest I was absolutely disgusted that he showed up late and left early before meeting all of his fans! It felt like he didn't care and to be honest it stung. Being angry by all of this I took to social media and slated him, something I thought I never would of done! I went to bed bitterly disappointed! I woke up this morning and looked on my Twitter to find a message from no other than the man himself, Conor McGregor! Conor messaged me directly to apologise for not meeting up with me last night and invited me to his gym today for a few pictures! I was ecstatic and extremely sorry 😂 Today was a day I will never forget! Before today I always said "you should never meet your Heros"...I guess I was wrong 😊🙌🏻🇮🇪

Sounds like a right flute, McGregor has gone from being a pr*ck (disgusting behaviour apparently) all the way back to being a legend (having received a personal apology).

Who needs detractors when you have a fan like that who is slating you one minute and eulogising about you the next

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

price690 wrote: »
    Sounds like a right flute, McGregor has gone from being a pr*ck (disgusting behaviour apparently) all the way back to being a legend (having received a personal apology).

Who needs detractors when you have a fan like that who is slating you one minute and eulogising about you the next

He was upset, McGregor acknowledged it was perhaps somewhat his fault, he made it up to him and Anthony acknowledged it publicly.

The whole events of the last week have polarised McGregor fans so much. "HE'S EATING FÚCKING CHICKEN WINGS 10 WEEKS BEFORE A FIGHT, JOE!"

Everyone needs to calm down. He's a professional, he always makes weight and he has a fantastic team who'll make sure he's prepared. Ryan Hall is over at the moment and this is probably the start of 2 months of hard training.

And the new...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

BOHtox wrote: »
    He was upset, McGregor acknowledged it was perhaps somewhat his fault, he made it up to him and Anthony acknowledged it publicly.

The whole events of the last week have polarised McGregor fans so much. "HE'S EATING FÚCKING CHICKEN WINGS 10 WEEKS BEFORE A FIGHT, JOE!"

Everyone needs to calm down. He's a professional, he always makes weight and he has a fantastic team who'll make sure he's prepared. Ryan Hall is over at the moment and this is probably the start of 2 months of hard training.

And the new...

7 week's 3 days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

stephenl15 wrote: »
    1 hr ·
    price690 wrote: »

It reminds me of this scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Is Ryan Hall over to train with Conor?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Is Ryan Hall over to train with Conor?

Yupp, JK posted a pic of Ryan rolling with Gunni yesterday but it doesn't matter who they bring in as Conor was submitted years ago so it's obvious he has no ground game and never will.

Cool, not going to wonder what it means for his TUF journey. Hopefully see Ryan rolling competitively a ufc event soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp, JK posted a pic of Ryan rolling with Gunni yesterday but it doesn't matter who they bring in as Conor was submitted years ago so it's obvious he has no ground game and never will.

Why are people so defensive?

Why turn a question into a rant.

I'm just as big a fan but there is no need for this constant need to defend him at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Cool, not going to wonder what it means for his TUF journey. Hopefully see Ryan rolling competitively a ufc event soon.

I imagine we'll see him competing in the UFC in December.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Why are people so defensive?

Why turn a question into a rant.

I'm just as big a fan but there is no need for this constant need to defend him at every opportunity.

He's probably just having a bit of craic to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Yeah Ryan Hall was on the mat training last night. Think he is here for a little over a week.

He just jumped into the regular Tuesday night class like everyone else. Him and Gunni rolling was pretty epic to watch.

Spoke with him a little bit and he seems like a really cool nice guy. Straight away invited me over to Washington to train.

Hopefully I will get a roll or two in before he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lots of Conor fans and One direction fans running around with sand in their vaginas this week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yeah Ryan Hall was on the mat training last night. Think he is here for a little over a week.

He just jumped into the regular Tuesday night class like everyone else. Him and Gunni rolling was pretty epic to watch.

Spoke with him a little bit and he seems like a really cool nice guy. Straight away invited me over to Washington to train.

Who tapped who?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any chance anyone got a vid?? On a side note, I can't wait to see how Hall gets on in the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Who tapped who?

Wouldn't talk about the details of training outside the gym :)

Less just say the slickness was extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Wouldn't talk about the details of training outside the gym :)

Less just say the slickness was extreme.

I'll take that as a heel hook by hall lol

• Advertisement

Great couple of days for you Marty :) If you go to the future again get me a sports results book good lad..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement