Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Great couple of days for you Marty :) If you go to the future again get me a sports results book good lad..

The Cubs to win the world series ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Great couple of days for you Marty :) If you go to the future again get me a sports results book good lad..

Small time bruh, yo Marty, tell me which tech firm goes public in 3 years time with a massive floating of shares so I can invest in their crowd funding campaign now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Cool, not going to wonder what it means for his TUF journey. Hopefully see Ryan rolling competitively a ufc event soon.

Looks like Conor did a bit of a the old double switcharoo and it was Hall who was the snake in the grass who joins Team Europe next week :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Small time bruh, yo Marty, tell me which tech firm goes public in 3 years time with a massive floating of shares so I can invest in their crowd funding campaign now.

The furthest date in time traveled forward (I believe) was 26th Oct 2015 so the most he could tell us is how Duffy beats Poirer on Saturday night

Devastator wrote: »
    The furthest date in time traveled forward (I believe) was 26th Oct 2015 so the most he could tell us is how Duffy beats Poirer on Saturday night

Grand, the Euromillions numbers it is so!

• Advertisement

Grand, the Euromillions numbers it is so!

You're thinking big, I was just happy enough to know if its points/sub or KO to take a couple of quid off paddypower haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Looks like Conor did a bit of a the old double switcharoo and it was Hall who was the snake in the grass who joins Team Europe next week :pac:

I remember thinking it was odd that a few days after episode 1 of TUF aired, Hall gave an interview complimenting what Conor said in his initial talk with Team Europe. It all started to make sense when I read JK's tweet saying Hall was coming over to train with SBGi. I think JK said Hall was coming over again but I could be wrong on that part - anyone know if Hall had a training relationship with SBGi prior to the Ultimate Fighter?

I remember thinking it was odd that a few days after episode 1 of TUF aired, Hall gave an interview complimenting what Conor said in his initial talk with Team Europe. It all started to make sense when I read JK's tweet saying Hall was coming over to train with SBGi. I think JK said Hall was coming over again but I could be wrong on that part - anyone know if Hall had a training relationship with SBGi prior to the Ultimate Fighter?

He (Ryan) was over training in SBG Ireland in 2010.

He has also been over to Mjolnir in Iceland to Gunni a few times also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

He (Ryan) was over training in SBG Ireland in 2010.

He has also been over to Mjolnir in Iceland to Gunni a few times also.

Have to laugh, do you know the lad well? :cool:

• Advertisement

Well enough. I have known him from around when started training in SBG with Arni Isaksson, have shared a mat with him almost every time he is over and have gone a few training/holiday trips with him and other guys from the gym also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Even if you didn't know him at all... wtf is the problem in referring to him as Gunni?

You'll see the same thing in every sport. This bloody forum sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I know Connie well

dave1982 wrote: »
    I know Connie well

If anyone refers to Pendred as "Cathi" they may be a fast runner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Devastator wrote: »
    If anyone refers to Pendred as "Cathi" they may be a fast runner :D

I can imagine an american pronouncing that as "Ca-thiiii"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Well enough. I have known him from around when started training in SBG with Arni Isaksson, have shared a mat with him almost every time he is over and have gone a few training/holiday trips with him and other guys from the gym also.

i'd call that "knowing the lad well"!! case closed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Shyte, I thought most people called him Gunni plus the fact his twitter is @GunniNelson so I assumed he sees it as a public nickname and not some inner circle codename.

#NoCraicZone

Lol when the guy who trains with the pro team gets abuse for using someone's name...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

price690 wrote: »

77c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Quality.

Not looking so cool now are you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

LMFAO, while there's nothing wrong with anyone using the name. You picked literally the worst person to have a pop at over it. nice one :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

On what can only be described as a disappointing night, this has cheered me up no end.

On the day everyone is talking about Back To The Future, Marty McFly swoops in with a cool but devastating reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Anyone see conor tweeting about how he'd take the fight against Poirier? disgraceful stuff this proves his head isnt where it needs to be no focus! :D

He'd made 155 easy in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

New UFC on the Brink with McGregor about 189, great mini doc, what a night that was!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Spotted McGregor in Nandos LV, he's all about that chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Spotted McGregor in Nandos LV, he's all about that chicken.

Nandos chicken this close to a fight??? Omg no way he's taking this fight serious

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Nandos chicken this close to a fight??? Omg no way he's taking this fight serious

How can you say that when you don't even know what kind of sauce he put on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

How much of a difference would it really make?

He's ridiculously fit so, apart from having to watch his weight cut, what harm would nandos chicken fo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

loremolis wrote: »
    How much of a difference would it really make?

He's ridiculously fit so, apart from having to watch his weight cut, what harm would nandos chicken fo?

First bite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement