Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

This is worse than the Nazi saga

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

A bit silly he said fuck the queen, but hardly that controversial overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

It's not that bad in context (except for the "**** the queen" part which is unnecessary and will alienate him to some).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Hes lost a lot of Northern Ireland fans on both sides.

He wears the poppy and slags the Queen.

Foolish man.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

mikeym wrote: »

Foolish man.

It's pretty hilarious when you put it like that. :pac::pac:

You forgot the English and Scottish fans as well though. I'm sure some of them will take offense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Foolish man.

Anyone who doesn't support him because of that isn't much of loss

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

That rules him out of the London card in February then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Skimming through the comments on that, it's insane the amount of people who are completely missing his point and slating him. It's like they didn't even bother to read it. Suppose that goes hand in hand with the type of people who comment on those things (generally speaking).

moneyman wrote: »
    Skimming through the comments on that, it's insane the amount of people who are completely missing his point and slating him. It's like they didn't even bother to read it. Suppose that goes hand in hand with the type of people who comment on those things (generally speaking).

It's like everyone who was waiting on this years poppy controversy has just been sitting F5'ing waiting for this and then just went mental :pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Take it that shows the type of person he is.A skanger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Foolish man.

This is what I find so silly. He wears the poppy, and then in defending himself against those criticising his wearing the poppy, he slates the symbolism of the poppy, and to add a bit more to his 'defence' he utters classless words about a head of state. Was he on the sauce for this odd and illogical outburst?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

He needs to take a leaf out of the ol Jon Jones social media book, specifically the chapter about getting hacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

walshb wrote: »
    This is what I find so silly. He wears the poppy, and then in defending himself against those criticising his wearing the poppy, he slates the symbolism of the poppy, and to add a bit more to his 'defence' he utter classless words about a head of state. Was he on the sauce for this odd and illogical outburst?
    Offends people from Ireland England Scotland and Wales all in one go:)

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    He needs to take a leaf out of the ol Jon Jones social media book, specifically the chapter about getting hacked.

Maybe it was a hack. But no way would it surprise me if it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Definitely went too far saying Fúck the Queen. But that's just Conor and a part of why he's such a big personality and why he's so successful :D

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Definitely went too far saying Fúck the Queen. But that's just Conor and a part of why he's such a big personality and why he's so successful :D

Personality to whom? I can only think that type of behaviour appeals to skangers.

These comments on Facebook are amazing, the gift that keeps on giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

What the **** he's on Facebook, 8 weeks out from a fight ???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He should just go down to the Winchester, have a pint and wait till this all blows over...

....unless there are lads there with Celtic jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mod: Any more of the "skanger" type comments and people will be asked not to post in this thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

walshb wrote: »
    Personality to whom? I can only think that type of behaviour appeals to skangers.

Yeah cos his personality hasn't helped get himself to the top of the sport and caused so many people to tune in to his fights regardless of what they think of him:rolleyes: Along with RR and JJ he's the face of the UFC and that's a lot to do with his personality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

dave1982 wrote: »
    What the **** he's on Facebook, 8 weeks out from a fight ???

7 weeks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He must be taking a few too many shots to the head in training.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think the point of his message is pretty clear.

Some people are having a go at him and criticising his alligence to the Republic of Ireland because he wore the poppy and he feels a lot of these same people will be the type that have achieved nothing in his eyes but throw a Celtic jersey on and think they're the next Michael Collins.

No+to+Foreign+Games+RSF+style.jpg

Don't like what he said? Pay €17.99 for a PPV in the hope that you see him lose at UFC 194. He's no fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wonder what John Kavanagh makes of all this given the stance he took over that Reebok t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Forgive my lack of knowledge on the poppy but why did conor wear it at ufc Dublin? I thought the poppy was worn mainly in the UK? For instance you'd see it on TV on all UK shows by presenters this time of year. I thought the poppy represented predominantly English people.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah cos his personality hasn't helped get himself to the top of the sport and caused so many people to tune in to his fights regardless of what they think of him:rolleyes: Along with RR and JJ he's the face of the UFC and that's a lot to do with his personality

Speaking about the specific post from Conor, my point stands.

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Forgive my lack of knowledge on the poppy but why did conor wear it at ufc Dublin? I thought the poppy was worn mainly in the UK? For instance you'd see it on TV on all UK shows by presenters this time of year. I thought the poppy represented predominantly English people.

He wore it at UFC Manchester ages ago, the video has only shown up recently I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c5EsXeg1pU

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

JustTheOne wrote: »
    7 weeks:)

I just knew you'd reply to that haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Did he not take pop at Norman park bout deciding if he English or Irish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement