Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Fromvert wrote: »
    Big Nog (240lbs) vs Bob Sapp (350lbs). Big Nog won but he had a lot of trouble with Sapp.

Big Nog is a heavyweight champ/legend and weighs 70/80lbs more than McGregor and The Mountain weighs 70-80lbs more than a 'supplemented' Bob Sapp.

This only goes one way for me. He just needs to grab a hold of McGregor and it gets bad pretty quickly.

Big Nog weighed under 230 in his Pride days. McGregor is easily 170-175 at the moment. So more like 50 pound difference, not 70 - 80.

And Cro Cop ****ed Sapp up. (And Prime Cro Cop was 215ish) Also, Sapp actually had some technique. Why are you assuming Thr Mountain has any? Obviously if he does it becomes a lot more dangerous.

But this conversation is silly and I'm going to stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Gumbi wrote: »
    Big Nog weighed under 230 in his Pride days. McGregor is easily 170-175 at the moment. So more like 50 pound difference, not 70 - 80.

And Cro Cop ****ed Sapp up. (And Prime Cro Cop was 215ish) Also, Sapp actually had some technique. Why are you assuming Thr Mountain has any? Obviously if he does it becomes a lot more dangerous.

But this conversation is silly and I'm going to stop now.

In a kickboxing match right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Anyone that says Mcgregor would beat the mountain in a serious fight clearly has never fought anyone bigger than themselves... the mountain as unskilled as he is would maul mcgregor using sheer brute force, there is a point where skill can negate size and strenght but not when theres 120kgs in the difference its the equivalent of a grow man vs a child regardless of the childs skill it simply wouldnt have the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

plus in a real fight mcgregor could just peg it, which i assume he would

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

evo2000 wrote: »
    Anyone that says Mcgregor would beat the mountain in a serious fight clearly has never fought anyone bigger than themselves... the mountain as unskilled as he is would maul mcgregor using sheer brute force, there is a point where skill can negate size and strenght but not when theres 120kgs in the difference its the equivalent of a grow man vs a child regardless of the childs skill it simply wouldnt have the power.

All Conor would have to do is move move move, strike strike strike, The Mountain would very soon tire out, if The Mountain connected though, anywhere really, it'd be game over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

scudzilla wrote: »
    All Conor would have to do is move move move, strike strike strike, The Mountain would very soon tire out, if The Mountain connected though, anywhere really, it'd be game over

That is the key to victory. A points win. Or late stoppage via The Mopuntain gassing. Very difficult thing to do I would imagine. One error from Conor that sees the mountain land a shot, or get a hold of him would likely result in death!:p

scudzilla wrote: »

All the mountain would have to do is not move, knowing he would tire out, wait for mcgregor to get close then grab him and maul him, smash him off the ground, break his neck ect, the power difference is huge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

All the mountain would have to do is not move, knowing he would tire out, wait for mcgregor to get close then grab him and maul him, smash him off the ground, break his neck ect, the power difference is huge

Maybe.

Wouldn't happen vs a muddleweight though.

Maybe.

Wouldn't happen vs a muddleweight though.

Yeah id imagine middleweight, light heavy, would all have the mix of skill and power to beat someone that size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

WHAT?

Conor fought the mountain? DID HE WIN?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lukker- wrote: »
    WHAT?

Conor fought the mountain? DID HE WIN?

No way could he beat a guy that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    No way could he beat a guy that size.

I disagree, let's start a debate that'll last days

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Gotta knock value outta the ole threads! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I also know from training myself that a fit and decent (good purple belt level) 75kg guy can DEMOLISH a 100-110kg beginner (no technique, gases almost instantaneously etc).

Size matters but skill makes up for an awful lot of that vs a skilless opponent.
    Absolutely, 100-120kg unskilled will be manhandled by a 75kg purple belt. They just lack grappling fundamentals. Even a good blue would have little trouble.
    But the biggest game changer for grappling is rolling with strikes. If the beginner is allowed to strike the skill gap closes in my experience.

I wouldn't fancy trying to berimbolo the mountain with strikes in play :rolleyes:
    Dtp1979 wrote: »

TBH, it's still a discussion of fighting which means is more relevant than 90% of the rest of the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Gotta knock value outta the ole threads! :D:D

At least it drew attention away from f*** the queen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

When does the real sparring start com not sparring some celebrity for the crack;)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

At least it drew attention away from f*** the queen.

Conor is getting good at this media game!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What if Conor fought Chu Chulainn ?

/leaves thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,696 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Has anyone seen this video before?

Conor McGregor taking on The Mountain from Game of Thrones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

callaway92 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this video before?

Conor McGregor taking on The Mountain from Game of Thrones.

What? When was this? Did he bring in the Mountain to emulate Aldo in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

What? When was this? Did he bring in the Mountain to emulate Aldo in some way?

If he could beat Sir Gregor Clegane that easily can you imagine what he will do with Aldo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

A punch to the liver would sort him out, in my professional opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

DeVore wrote: »
    What if Conor fought Chu Chulainn ?

/leaves thread.
    Chu Chulainn has no ground game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

A punch to the liver would sort him out, in my professional opinion.

Totes, bigger liver, bigger target. Poor guy has no idea what's coming if he ever fought a blue belt on da streetz.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Look lads, there's no contest! One of them doesn't even have super powers! he's just a rich billionaire who knows a little fighting. Does he have lasers in his eyes? No! Is he faster than a speeding bullet? No!

However, if there was Kryptonite involved that's another story. Maybe he could wear gloves laced with Kryptonite.

Or, more importantly, he could reveal some dark secrets about him, like a weird sexual thing, and beat him in the most important arena of all.... the court of public opinion!

Am I doing it right?

Most importantly who wins, Captain America or Batman, but captain America takes the fight on two weeks notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Would Superman beat McGregor if the fight was in the Red Light District?

Would Superman beat McGregor if the fight was in the Red Light District?

Mcgregor by decision, superman has a good chin but he'd gas in the third

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Look its all well and good saying McGregor can beat Chuck Norris and Superman, but can he do it on a cold, rainy, tuesday night in stoke?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement