Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Nice little scar over his right eye too thanks to Mendes.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Remember he was spotted a few days after his return to Dublin with a big bandage over it, often wondered did he have plastic surgery on it or scar tissue removed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

It's going to open in every fight like Diego Sanchez eye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

ASOT wrote: »
    It's going to open in every fight like Diego Sanchez eye

It looks that way alright. Seems like a nasty scar.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Was wondering if that might be the case, myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

dave1982 wrote: »
    Jesus he got rattled bout interm champion status.

Good interview though and he looks in shape, maybe preparing for weight cut already?

hope he gets his hair cut this time...cant be brushing hair outta your eyes when your supposed to be checking kicks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

paulieeye wrote: »
    hope he gets his hair cut this time...cant be brushing hair outta your eyes when your supposed to be checking kicks

course ya can, he won't be brushing his hair with shin now will he :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mendes did a number on his eye with his eblow/gouges.

Hopefully it's not one of those that pops open whenever he gets hit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lukker- wrote: »
    Mendes did a number on his eye with his eblow/gouges.

Hopefully it's not one of those that pops open whenever he gets hit there.

Wanna be some gouge to do that!

It looks like the kind that will re-open in fights alright

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Wanna be some gouge to do that!

It looks like the kind that will re-open in fights alright

He gouged the cut, got a warning for putting his fingers into the wound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm only recently acquainted with chael sonnen and his antics, but i hear he's spreading rumours about an aldo no-show...mad cnt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm only recently acquainted with chael sonnen and his antics, but i hear he's spreading rumours about an aldo no-show...mad cnt

Where ever the two time UFC champion can get his name mentioned, he'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

My wife had to go over to the American embassy this morning to apply for a visa to go over to Vegas (she was denied the visa waiver because she used to hold a green card) Anyway, she's sitting with the person who reviews her application and they ask why she is going to America. She tells them we are going over to see Conor McGregor fight Jose Aldo, which results in the reviewer cracking up laughing along with a few other people within ear shot. The wife is puzzled by this reaction but ignores it, then the interviewer tells her to look at the person at the booth to her left. Who's sitting there you may ask? Only Conor and his missus who are both cracking up laughing too.

What are the chances of that???? Hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Whelo79 wrote: »
    My wife had to go over to the American embassy this morning to apply for a visa to go over to Vegas (she was denied the visa waiver because she used to hold a green card) Anyway, she's sitting with the person who reviews her application and they ask why she is going to America. She tells them we are going over to see Conor McGregor fight Jose Aldo, which results in the reviewer cracking up laughing along with a few other people within ear shot. The wife is puzzled by this reaction but ignores it, then the interviewer tells her to look at the person at the booth to her left. Who's sitting there you may ask? Only Conor and his missus who are both cracking up laughing too.

He's a ****ing disgrace! WTF's he doing making appearances at embassies when he should be in training?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Haha that's brilliant :D Did Conor say anything to her or anything? :P

Devastator wrote: »
    He's a ****ing disgrace! WTF's he doing making appearances at embassies when he should be in training?

That's what she said to him. Told him to get his arse back to the gym. It's only 4 weeks from the fight for Christ's sake!!!! Eating and training, that's a he should be doing!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Devastator wrote: »

That joke is dead, let it die, let it die.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Haha that's brilliant :D Did Conor say anything to her or anything? :P

Yeah they had a short chat and he gave her an autograph. Thanked her for the support etc. She said he came across as a really nice guy ( as seems to be the case with most people who meet him face to face )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

That's what she said to him. Told him to get his arse back to the gym. It's only 4 weeks from the fight for Christ's sake!!!! Eating and training, that's a he should be doing!!!!

haha awesome, fair play to her

• Advertisement

Yeah they had a short chat and he gave her an autograph. Thanked her for the support etc. She said he came across as a really nice guy ( as seems to be the case with most people who meet him face to face )

Same as my experience with him at convention centre. Absolute gent :) That sorta stuff is what really endears me to him. Really cares about his fans

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

ASOT wrote: »
    He gouged the cut, got a warning for putting his fingers into the wound.

He certainly did! The statement I made was in reference to him making the cut with his elbow, which he did. Attempting to open the wound further with his finger was another matter, though having re read the post I responded to it is actually a fair enough comment so apologies.

He split him with the elbow, he tried to make it worse with his hand.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Conor's really done a lot to get severe MMA to the level they're at now, he knows he can really help them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

stephenl15 wrote: »

Conor's really done a lot to get severe MMA to the level they're at now, he knows he can really help them out :)

I'm happy for them as they've been there from day one and produce some fantastic content. That's one thing about Conor, he really is loyal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Also Andrews interviewing technique has improved so much with all the experience he has built up, and you sense a certain kinship there. Quite fluid style now and segwaying well from one topic to the other. Not labouring points and if you notice he was very intuitive at the end there when he knew he got enough in(as long an interview as you'd usually see) and Conor started getting restless in his body language he picked up on it and let him go. Nothing worse to see an interviewer badger their subject so he knew when to let go. Touch of the Helwani about this lad, keep it up.

Connors looks in good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Dishing out the smack talk to Donald trump to TMZ at LAX yesterday

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_489ut7ty

Conor vs Trump UFC 200 confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Anyone know from what age conor trained in mma and boxing?

I know he started late enough in school with Tom Egan.

But did he ever train as a young kid?

He also had a few years break when he packed it in.

Just thinking how good he would be if he had trained from a young age all his life.

• Advertisement

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Anyone know from what age conor trained in mma and boxing?

I know he started late enough in school with Tom Egan.

But did he ever train as a young kid?

He also had a few years break when he packed it in.

Just thinking how good he would be if he had trained from a young age all his life.

AFAIK he trained boxing/kickboxing from his early teens and shifted his focus to boxing shortly after.

I think he started training MMA around 17/18 and he made his pro debut at 19.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement