Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I wouldn't bother with anyone who tried to say either the Rousey fight, or the Aldo fight was fixed. Not worth the time tbh

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

The fix thing is such nonsense. Like aside from everything else if you were gonna fix it surely you'd want to make it as least obvious as possible and drag it out for a minute or two

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Imbeciles clutching at straws. Fell sorry for Aldo, he was a beast but this is McGregor's time. Incredible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Oh deary me id imagine there is a few experts hiding under there rocks today! jjayo, mellor, tiger mcilroy :D:D

Originally Posted by evo2000 View Post
    I reckon mcgregor will win and handy enough espeically if it stays standing,

His faster than aldo, has way better foot work, his more range more power and has more varied attacks and is far bigger than aldo, then i think aldos style plays to mcgregors stenght and the fact that his a fighter that likes to throw everything behind his shots

Tiger Mcilroy

I got as far as the bit in bold then you reminded you dont have a f**king clue.

I cant wait to come back here after Mcgregor easily beats and ko's aldo

Ill just leave them there for the experts :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Few people have said that to me today, hope it's not the case as it would be a disaster for the sport, don't really follow the sport but I read on Facebook that the rousey fight Was fixed, has that been proven?

Do you get all your news on Facebook?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,104 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The fix thing is such nonsense. Like aside from everything else if you were gonna fix it surely you'd want to make it as least obvious as possible and drag it out for a minute or two

Exactly. Firstly you'd have to pay Aldo a millionaire a fortune to agree to lose it, as not only does a loss seriously hurt his value as a fighter hugely,why on earth would he not drag it out a little even if he had agreed to lose it in round one?

Aldo isn't stupid, if he agreed to lose it so quickly, he would know well he would have to listen to Mc Gregor taunt him about "13 seconds" until the re match a year down the line. That would be hell for him and his value as a fighter.

Also Aldo went off as favourite in Las Vegas,, if a fix was going down and their would have to be serious money involved for it to happen that market would know.

I don't mind people saying it is fixed if they have some sort of proof e.g betting prices movement, but if you don't have anything like that and it is just your "opinion" then I don't want to know.

evo2000 wrote: »
    Oh deary me id imagine there is a few experts hiding under there rocks today! jjayo, mellor, tiger mcilroy :D:D

His faster than aldo, has way better foot work, his more range more power and has more varied attacks and is far bigger than aldo, then i think aldos style plays to mcgregors stenght and the fact that his a fighter that likes to throw everything behind his shots

Tiger Mcilroy

They can call me Mystic Evo2000 because I predict these things! hahahaha i am lovin this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

They can call me Mystic Evo2000 because I predict these things! hahahaha i am lovin this!

always nice to get one over the experts haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Depp wrote: »
    always nice to get one over the experts haha

I wouldn't call them experts. Just people who are capable of having a reasonable discussion......The key word being reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Dude, this is a discussion on the internet. The fact you brought this up is a little weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Few people have said that to me today, hope it's not the case as it would be a disaster for the sport, don't really follow the sport but I read on Facebook that the rousey fight Was fixed, has that been proven?

I'd expect such moronic shîte talk from your name sake... C'mon man, did you even see the Rousey/Holm fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Completely true, it came out via Wikileaks that the UFC had secretly hired Vince McMahon to script the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd expect such moronic shîte talk from your name sake... C'mon man, did you even see the Rousey/Holm fight?

Slow down there, I didn't say it was fixed just a few people had said it to me, that's why I asked the question, I'd find it hard to believe tbh.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I wouldn't call them experts. Just people who are capable of having a reasonable discussion......The key word being reasonable.

I wudnt call em experts or reasonable thus why im happy to rub it in :)

Dude, this is a discussion on the internet. The fact you brought this up is a little weird

Whats weird about that? think you are reading into it abit too much!

I wudnt call em experts or reasonable thus why im happy to rub it in :)

I disagree. I've read the posts and the conversations and I know who comes off sounding like an ass and it's not the "experts" as you put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Whats weird about that? think you are reading into it abit too much!

You has a difference of opinion with some posters. Whereas most people would forget about it and move on, you remembered it and went as far as to dig up your old predictions.

From a discussion a number of months ago. That is weird.

I disagree. I've read the posts and the conversations and I know who comes off sounding like an ass and it's not the "experts" as you put it.

Clearly you havent read the whole convo then, or ud realise it was the "experts"

You has a difference of opinion with some posters. Whereas most people would forget about it and move on, you remembered it and went as far as to dig up your old predictions.

From a discussion a number of months ago. That is weird.

Took two sec theres a search feature at the top of the page you should know that being a mod,

I only remembered because the title of the thread reminded me :)

To me its only abit of banter Not weird at all :)

Clearly you havent read the whole convo then, or ud realise it was the "experts"

The people you've called out, I have personally found very informative and generally sound. Dragging up old posts like that and rubbing it in is playground stuff.

• Advertisement

The people you've called out, I have personally found very informative and generally sound. Dragging up old posts like that and rubbing it in is playground stuff.

Good for you i dont find em sound, im happy to rub it in to people like that, they gang up on anyone that has a different opinion to them!

Good for you i dont find em sound, im happy to rub it in to people like that, they gang up on anyone that has a different opinion to them!

I don't think they do. I just think the way you express your views doesn't lend itself to reasonable discussion.

I don't think they do. I just think the way you express your views doesn't lend itself to reasonable discussion.

How so? i gave my opinion and my thinking behind how mcgregor would win, they replied with "i forgot you dont have a ****ing clue, you re a troll ect ect.."

Yet how i express my views doesnt lead to reasonable discussions...right yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

"After viewing the footage several times I believe it was indeed a fix"
    - Stevie Wonder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

AWH8xeJ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Apologies if it's already been posted, but eh, Thug

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really nice post I saw on McGregor's Facebook:

132128d2a32c969e88420a87c07961a1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tiger Mcilroy

lol are you mixing me up with someone else? I've been on the McGregor train since the start

edit:
    as we are digging up posts

Jan
    Mellor wrote: »
    If McGregor v Aldo happens, I'd be pretty confident that it would break PPV records below LW.
    Feb
    Aldo the BJJ fighter can beat Conor.
    Aldo the aggressive striker is open to being beaten standing.

It comes down to whether or not he fights smart, or whether he lets ego and emotion get involved. Andre Pederneiras would favour the latter I think,

Feb
    I know Aldo has had a lot of 25mins fights, and Conor a lot of 1st round wins. But I would have though he's have at least 60-75 mins by now.
    Aldo has a lot of mileage tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

probably gunna get abuse for this but eff it, anyone know where the best place to buy a McGregor fight jersey?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement