Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Depp wrote: »
    probably gunna get abuse for this but eff it, anyone know where the best place to buy a McGregor fight jersey?

One of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

These "I told you so's" get so tiring. I think the vast majority of people who backed Aldo are happy that they are wrong but the place almost becomes uninhabitable after he wins, it was the same against Mendes. Calling people out doesn't add anything to the conversation (quite the opposite) so can we just continue to discuss things that are relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    One of these?

cheers but i had a look there already, looking for the white one and they only have it in a few sizes, sent them an email though ask if theyre restocking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

One of these?

Reebok gear is so bland, I much preferred his Dethrone gear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

evo2000 wrote: »
    They can call me Mystic Evo2000 because I predict these things! hahahaha i am lovin this!

Mystic Mc calls the rounds. If you were that mystic you probably wouldnt have bet on a McGregor 3rd round finish and went with a first round KO. So not so mystic after all it seems and more like coming back gloating because McGregor won. Do you do this kind of thing everytime you get something right cos its a bit sad and adds nothing to the discussion of the event or the fighters.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Reebok gear is so bland, I much preferred his Dethrone gear.

I wasnt the biggest fan at first but they've grown on me, yeah dethrone stuff was class

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

The black version is the champions kit, I'm not sure if they continue making the white stuff after they win the belt :pac:

The black version is the champions kit, I'm not sure if they continue making the white stuff after they win the belt :pac:

yeah i know that but im fairly sure they were selling white Weidman and Rousey kits from the launch anyway so Id assume theyll still be available, not the biggest fan of the lack of green on the champion kit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

How many pages of I told you so's would there have been if the shoe was on the other foot and Conor was knocked out? it'd of been relentless,I predicted him to be an easy destruction and just another piece of Conors Highlight reel (on here) but im starting to feel sorry for Aldo going out like that,from sleeping on mats to 10 years unbeaten hes a martial arts legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So what next for Conor?

I think a fight against Edgar would be best and then a move up to LW, the he will have fought and hopefully have beaten every challenger in the division. I have no interest in a Aldo rematch, I doubt Dana has either after this taking 12 months.

The outcome of the rematch would likely be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

rob316 wrote: »
    So what next for Conor?

I think a fight against Edgar would be best and then a move up to LW, the he will have fought and hopefully have beaten every challenger in the division. I have no interest in a Aldo rematch, I doubt Dana has either after this taking 12 months.

The outcome of the rematch would likely be the same.

Said in the post-interview that he wants to retain this belt while moving up to 155 because he's one of the most active fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I'm not in ireland at the minute. Somebody check the 9 o clock news and see if Conor makes top headline. Absolute Shame if he doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Conor and Edgar's knockout blows would probably have dropped a moose, just turned the lights out.

Aldo looked lost after the fight. If he doesn't retire who could you see him being possibly matched with for his next fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

JJayoo wrote: »
    Conor and Edgar's knockout blows would probably have dropped a moose, just turned the lights out.

Aldo looked lost after the fight. If he doesn't retire who could you see him being possibly matched with for his next fight?

Love to see edgar vs conor next but if he decides to move up a division then fair enough.

Was thinking perhaps max holloway could get a shot at aldo with the roll hes on although i feel he be fighting mendes next

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Does anyone think frankie beats Conor? He surprised me beating Mendes that easy but I'd expect Frankie to try lay and pray to avoid the left hand,Conor showed he only needs one oppurtunity to land it and its game over dont give Edgar much hope of troubling Conor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Axwell wrote: »
    Mystic Mc calls the rounds. If you were that mystic you probably wouldnt have bet on a McGregor 3rd round finish and went with a first round KO. So not so mystic after all it seems and more like coming back gloating because McGregor won. Do you do this kind of thing everytime you get something right cos its a bit sad and adds nothing to the discussion of the event or the fighters.

Wow someone lost there aldo bet! hahaha sour much! i dont ever gloat but i do love sticking it to the smug know it alls on here similar to urself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I see there are odds up already for potential fights against Frankie and an Aldo rematch. Conor is 4/9 to beat Frankie and 8/15 to beat Aldo again.

No one knows yet what will happen but I have a feeling when it comes down to it, he'll defend against Frankie next. If he does and wins that, it would be an incredible win streak, and he'll have pretty much wiped out the division as he predicted. Imagine he beat Mendes, Aldo and Frankie all inside 12 months, when up until very recently many people thought he wouldn't be able to hang with the elite of the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Wow someone lost there aldo bet! hahaha sour much! i dont ever gloat but i do love sticking it to the smug know it alls on here similar to urself!

Mod:
    OK I've given you more leeway than most other mods would but you're taking the piss now.
    Nobody wants to hear it anymore and it's crossed the line into the "Don't be a dick" territory.
    Give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Gamebred wrote: »
    Does anyone think frankie beats Conor? He surprised me beating Mendes that easy but I'd expect Frankie to try lay and pray to avoid the left hand,Conor showed he only needs one oppurtunity to land it and its game over dont give Edgar much hope of troubling Conor.

I have always maintained, Frankie is the toughest fight at 155 for Conor.

Frankie's not an easy guy to KO & he fights hard for all 5 rounds. Those attributes & Conors weight cut make this a fascinating bout. The latter rounds could be very dangerous for McGregor.

Great fight and I really hope the UFC make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dont you mean 145?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

http://www.bbc.com/sport/35086478

Gotta love this guys confidence ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'm not in ireland at the minute. Somebody check the 9 o clock news and see if Conor makes top headline. Absolute Shame if he doesn't

Not a mention in the headlines last night.

Irish womans team gold medal in cross country takes the sport headlines..WTF

14 mins in the broadcast he gets mentioned

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/nine-news-30003250/10504696/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Irish womans team in cross country takes the sport headlines..WTF

I distinctly remember watching a clip from RTE news covering the full story including the fight itself yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Kirby wrote: »
    Dont you mean 145?

I do. I know there are a lot of 'new fans' around, however, picking out every typo does nothing for the debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

On the 6 o clock news he was the first story and it lasted about 4-5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shermanator

but in fairness, they did show the full fight on the news, but they only showed a clip of the cross country

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I distinctly remember watching a clip from RTE news covering the full story including the fight itself yesterday..
    JustTheOne wrote: »
    On the 6 o clock news he was the first story and it lasted about 4-5 minutes.
    but in fairness, they did show the full fight on the news, but they only showed a clip of the cross country

Yeah I know they showed the full fight in the broadcast and the fans reaction in Vegas but not in the headlines I think that's what I was referring to in the earlier post.
    Because I didn't see the 6 o'clock news I couldn't comment on it and my main point was about the 9 o clock coverage :) .

Anyway back to the main thing.

What's next for McGregor, stay at 145 even though Kavanagh has said he won't fight again at that weight or will he move up and fight for Lightweight title or a No1 contender fight first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Aldo bet? I didn't bet on Aldo, where are you pulling that out of? Are you going to make stuff up now as well?? Kindly quit making false accusations if you are going to post on here.

So anyone on the forum who knows more about MMA than you is a smug know it all now, yet you are the one calling yourself mystic Evo because you predicted Conor McGregor would win the fight (even though you predicted the 3rd round and bet on it). Do you have the lotto numbers for Wednesday so when you are at it? The more you post the more you come across an ass, its you who is coming off the worst here not the people you are gloating about getting the result of the fight right with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Axwell wrote: »
    Aldo bet? I didn't bet on Aldo, where are you pulling that out of? Are you going to make stuff up now as well?? Kindly quit making false accusations if you are going to post on here.

So anyone on the forum who knows more about MMA than you is a smug know it all now, yet you are the one calling yourself mystic Evo because you predicted Conor McGregor would win the fight (even though you predicted the 3rd round and bet on it). Do you have the lotto numbers for Wednesday so when you are at it? The more you post the more you come across an ass, its you who is coming off the worst here not the people you are gloating about getting the result of the fight right with.

They didnt know close to what i know about mma, thus why they were ranting how aldo was gonna win... please... My prediction was 100% accurate your clutching at straws with ur whole round thing id rip the rest of ur post apart but the mods are dying to ban me so ill leave it at that. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

To the guys in the know about cuts.... Is that cut on Conor's eyebrow going to be a problem going forward or can these things heal up "good as new"?
    Am I right in thinking that it's down to keeping the scar profile as small and as fine as possible?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement