Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Do we reckon we are going to get his next fight in Croker? Would be an unbelievable day if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

To the guys in the know about cuts.... Is that cut on Conor's eyebrow going to be a problem going forward or can these things heal up "good as new"?
    Am I right in thinking that it's down to keeping the scar profile as small and as fine as possible?
    He said he reopened it training with a clash of heads and only had a quick patch up job done, hence it opening so easily again. Once it's fixed properly it shouldn't be as bad.

Will probably still be a target for people, but they have to connect with his face first :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

evo2000 wrote: »
    They didnt know close to what i know about mma, thus why they were ranting how aldo was gonna win... please... My prediction was 100% accurate your clutching at straws with ur whole round thing id rip the rest of ur post apart but the mods are dying to ban me so ill leave it at that. ;)

Clutching at straws? Show me where I said I was betting on Aldo to win or even suggested it? I will wait here for your reply ...when you cant its probably because it never happened. As for you, well you did post that you put a bet on McGregor to win in the third round, its there for everyone to see - so its a fact unlike your statement. I don't care whether you predicted Conor would win or not, plenty of people did..you aren't some special case..at least not for that reason anyways, but don't come posting false accusations and then try suggest otherwise. The mods aren't trying to ban you, they simply will if they want at this stage and rightly so because you are being a complete ass from the minute you came back on the forum the other night after the fight. You havent been that active on the forum so you clearly only came back to gloat and stir ****..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

To the guys in the know about cuts.... Is that cut on Conor's eyebrow going to be a problem going forward or can these things heal up "good as new"?
    Am I right in thinking that it's down to keeping the scar profile as small and as fine as possible?

He said it didnt have a great amount of time to heal so id say itd prob heal up proper with the time he has off now, only time will tell tho

Axwell wrote: »
    Clutching at straws? Show me where I said I was betting on Aldo to win or even suggested it? I will wait here for your reply ...when you cant its probably because it never happened. As for you, well you did post that you put a bet on McGregor to win in the third round, its there for everyone to see - so its a fact unlike your statement. I don't care whether you predicted Conor would win or not, plenty of people did..you aren't some special case..at least not for that reason anyways, but don't come posting false accusations and then try suggest otherwise. The mods aren't trying to ban you, they simply will if they want at this stage and rightly so because you are being a complete ass from the minute you came back on the forum the other night after the fight. You havent been that active on the forum so you clearly only came back to gloat and stir ****..

Id reply but you and another admin are only itching to bad me so ill not be taking the bait thanks, but by all means continue to clutch at straws my prediction is there for everyone to see and it is 100% accurate and ontop of that its detailed!

Dont be hating on me just because my prediction was right, chill out dude! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

evo2000 wrote: »
    Id reply but you and another admin are only itching to bad me so ill not be taking the bait thanks, but by all means continue to clutch at straws my prediction is there for everyone to see and it is 100% accurate and ontop of that its detailed!

Nobody is itching to ban you. Don't flatter yourself.
    But both of you can take this conversation to pm now rather than derail the thread further.
    Do not continue the discussion here.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Nobody is itching to ban you. Don't flatter yourself.
    But both of you can take this conversation to pm now rather than derail the thread further.
    Do not continue the discussion here.

No problem, im just happy with my prediction other than that ive honestly no desire to continue the conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hope he moves up a division so he can ko cowboy.

Also hope duffy does well so we can have the rematch vs mcgregor in ireland, i think it would be brilliant for irish sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

So assuming McGregor won't vacate his belt I think the Edgar fight has to happen next if I was promoting. He's probably the last big money fight at 145 for now followed by Aldo 2 or Holloway 2. If McGregor goes up first then you think there has to be a contenders fight at 145 (which is also a little unfair to Frankie) which I'd fear Aldo could quite possibly win and wreck that big money fight. As even if Aldo came back and beat Edgar I feel people would just see that as proof that the division is clearly McGregor > Aldo >>> Anyone else. On the other hand the same concern isn't at 155 where there are plenty of fresh fights for McGregor. Anyone else for explaining an alternate fantasy booking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If I'm Frankie I'm on the phone demanding to fight Conor before he fights RDA/Cowboy. Frankie was promised next shot and the worry on his part is Conor gets beat up by a bigger guy at 155 and the hype dies a little and Frankie loses money on a fight that doesn't have as much public interest.

Best case RDA ragdolls Cowboy, then beats Tony Ferguson or someone in March/April, Conor beats Frankie and then they set up a "super fight" against RDA at UFC 200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I havnt seen much of dos anjos but he looks like a beast! 155 is some division in fairness - I think edgar has to get the fight first tho before going up. Then when he goes up I will watch all his fights from behind the couch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

If I'm Frankie I'm on the phone demanding to fight Conor before he fights RDA/Cowboy. Frankie was promised next shot and the worry on his part is Conor gets beat up by a bigger guy at 155 and the hype dies a little and Frankie loses money on a fight that doesn't have as much public interest.

Best case RDA ragdolls Cowboy, then beats Tony Ferguson or someone in March/April, Conor beats Frankie and then they set up a "super fight" against RDA at UFC 200.

Best case for me would be Cowboy beating RDA.

I think Cowboy would be an easier, and I use that term very lightly, fight than RDA. Cowboy will keep it on the feet.

Naos wrote: »

I think Cowboy would be an easier, and I use that term very lightly, fight than RDA. Cowboy will keep it on the feet.

I don't see Cowboy beating RDA is all...

Naos wrote: »

i reckon cowboy would be alot easier style wise for mcgregor cause he would stand with him, diaz showed he can be rattled with mind games, imo he should have beat diaz!

I dont think cowboy has what it takes to beat RDA tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I don't see Cowboy beating RDA is all...

Hence best case...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

apologies if this has been posted, enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

just watched it again, after hearing conor talk about timing a shot As a novice here it looked to me that after aldo went for the kill his head was committed to traveling at speed towards conor's incoming left!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Not sure the timing of UFC 200 suits Conor if he wants to fight 3 times this year. If you're fighting 3 times a year you might want it to be in April, August and December so you have plenty of time in between to allow for medical suspensions and recovery. It'll be January or February before he even thinks of another fight and by then it'll be too tight to squeeze a fight in between UFC 200. Conor would fight it but there's not a chance the UFC would let him. I imagine he'll go July 16, November 16, March 17, August 17, December 17. That's five fights in a year and a half and 6 in two years which is very active to be fair.

Now he could fight between now and UFC 200 but I just think the timing doesn't suit it too much. But with UFC 197 the earliest opportunity I think they'll leave it and that being in Brazil it's unlikely he'll fight there. So it would be 198 at the earliest which is too close to 200 imo.

BOHtox wrote: »
    Not sure the timing of UFC 200 suits Conor if he wants to fight 3 times this year. If you're fighting 3 times a year you might want it to be in April, August and December so you have plenty of time in between to allow for medical suspensions and recovery. It'll be January or February before he even thinks of another fight and by then it'll be too tight to squeeze a fight in between UFC 200. Conor would fight it but there's not a chance the UFC would let him. I imagine he'll go July 16, November 16, March 17, August 17, December 17. That's five fights in a year and a half and 6 in two years which is very active to be fair.

Now he could fight between now and UFC 200 but I just think the timing doesn't suit it too much. But with UFC 197 the earliest opportunity I think they'll leave it and that being in Brazil it's unlikely he'll fight there. So it would be 198 at the earliest which is too close to 200 imo.

No matter what, Conor is fighting in July, I'd bet my house on it that the card will have Conor vs whoever, Holm vs Rousy II, Jones vs DC II and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Kavanagh said he sees him fighting in March or April and then in July. So he'd easily get 3 fights in next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Does this mean McGregor is gonna be in the new XxX movie with Vin?

cronin_j wrote: »

Sounds like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

No matter what, Conor is fighting in July, I'd bet my house on it that the card will have Conor vs whoever, Holm vs Rousy II, Jones vs DC II and a few others.

I can see 2 of those being on UFC 200, but they really shouldn't give away their 3 biggest fights on the 1 card

I think Jones/Cormier II goes down in May

I can see 2 of those being on UFC 200, but they really shouldn't give away their 3 biggest fights on the 1 card

I think Jones/Cormier II goes down in May

They've been building up UFC200 for over a year already, it's going to be their biggest ever event by the sounds of it. I can see all 3 of those fights happening, maybe even a 4th title fight as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They've been building up UFC200 for over a year already, it's going to be their biggest every event by the sounds of it. I can see all 3 of those fights happening, maybe even a 4th title fight as well.

If those 3 go ahead at UFC 200, who headlines the ppv's in may, june, and august ? 1 massive event would not equal 3 very big events in terms of ppv buys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I know Conor has said he doesn't fancy the Hollywood thing just yet but throw enough cash and he'll probably do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I know your being sarcastic, but I hope conor doesn't do anything like movies for years still.

No one or thing can survive over saturation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

If those 3 go ahead at UFC 200, who headlines the ppv's in may, june, and august ? 1 massive event would not equal 3 very big events in terms of ppv buys

I can see Conor and Holly defending at 200. I'd also be surprised with Jones v Cormier at 200. Maybe Joanna or Mighty Mouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Agreed he will be on the 200 card.

Kavanagh said today that McGregor wants to fight in early-mid spring. Now I don't doubt Conor does want to fight mid spring the only concern I have is the UFC not wanting to potential risk or lose their big star before 200.

From their point of view:
    Imagine if he gets injured
    Imagine if he loses to Edgar
    Imagine if he goes up to LW and loses.

Any of this before UFC 200 would be terrible for UFC and McGregor.
    Now I don't think he'd lose and I'm sure he wants to fight I just can't see UFC letting him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Conor's up to no. 3 in the P4P list.

http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement