Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Don't see an Irish venue happening for a large fight such as title defence at all. New York would be the likely option if they get over the legal stuff. Most of the PPV comes from the US, starting a fight during mid day in the US would put ppl off imo. TV adverts generate more revenue in the evening and nighttime too.

Mcgregor has backed off hugely on this, not only because I'm sure Dana White is telling him to cool it, but he has sense to know it won't pull in the PPV, which at the end of the day it's what it's all about. Gate sales are nice, but PPV is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Totally. Croke Park is way too big.

Maybe the Aviva.
    AVIVA would be perfect...

picture croke park...you would have to position the cage near the canal end, because there is no way they could use the Hill, therefore they may not even use the entire stadium.....the aviva is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mellor wrote: »
    The the obstacle I mentioned in the other thread. It's the main problem but its not unchangeable. But changing it opens up submissions for the residents committee.

Aviva would be better imo. And based on prices for 193, it would be way less than €150 for top tier. I'd have to be or else it wouldn't sell out.

MGM still does the same gate as an irish stadium show though.

Were you at 193, or know anyone at it? Has there been any chatter amongst people at 193 about it being too big? Or any complaints about the time of day of the event?

The venue debate is nothing to do with achieving the gate. It's PPV figures that worry them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

After seeing the state of UFC 193 in the Ethiad in Melbourne, Croke Park would be horrific IMO. Plastic garden chairs cable tied together, a telescope needed to see the cage from the vast majority of the seats. Awful.

It'll never happen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That was amazing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What a pair of helmets. Glorious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Were you at 193, or know anyone at it? Has there been any chatter amongst people at 193 about it being too big? Or any complaints about the time of day of the event?
    Yeah I was at it. Stadium was too big. I've been there in the past for the international rules and I knew the pitch was be massive. Bigger than croker. I was on the pitch, but watch most of the action on the big screens above the octagon - which were pretty good to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Got as far as two minutes.

Jesus ****ing Christ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Lmfao i particularly like the "what happens behind the scenes here is demons gather around connor and help him" theres no fooling these lads they ve there homework well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What a load of BS. He wouldn't sell his soul, sure he hardly needs the money! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah I was at it. Stadium was too big. I've been there in the past for the international rules and I knew the pitch was be massive. Bigger than croker. I was on the pitch, but watch most of the action on the big screens above the octagon - which were pretty good to be fair.

Would most people watch the fight on the big screen? I am always amazed that the crowd reacts to the shots with such accuracy. So I am assuming the majority are following it on the big screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

evo2000 wrote: »
    Lmfao i particularly like the "what happens behind the scenes here is demons gather around connor and help him" theres no fooling these lads they ve there homework well done!

If the Brazilians get a hold of this, the Internet will melt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

My mate said he spotted McGregor having a bottle of beer last night. He may be champ but I am worried about his mindset leading up to the next fight in a few months.

It was a 500ml bottle as well, not one of those 330ml you would normally see in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

WarZ wrote: »
    My mate said he spotted McGregor having a bottle of beer last night. He may be champ but I am worried about his mindset leading up to the next fight in a few months.

It was a 500ml bottle as well, not one of those 330ml you would normally see in Ireland.

18b4fb23760476cd2eed0827fe3662d3-3572644_zps81784dd1.gif

Is this sh*t real or a p*ss take? Are these guys serious?! wtf!! :eek:

Tell me this is a p*sstake!! Actually no, tell me it's real, it will be funnier then! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

WarZ wrote: »

He's losing it. I saw him accidentally inhale second hand vaping smoke the other day.

Slippery slope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Starting to see the haters suggest he has be unfair advantage because of his weight cut and gain.

Their consistent ill give them that.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Why isn't he in the gym?!?

DeVore wrote: »
    Why isn't he in the gym?!?
    to busy flutin around with that candle kickin stick jumper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Starting to see the haters suggest he has be unfair advantage because of his weight cut and gain.

They will literally try find anything to justify him not winning legitimately.

Aldo has a similar cut doesn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

What are peoples Opinions on Ido Portal??

Anyone here who ACTUALLY TRAINS alot, that can give some insight?

I know when i used to do Athletics, we would do alot similar excercises before a race to loosen out and not kill ourselves. But does Ido take it abit too far? i mean, some of the stuff doesnt seem all that useful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

shane9689 wrote:
    I know when i used to do Athletics, we would do alot similar excercises before a race to loosen out and not kill ourselves. But does Ido take it abit too far? i mean, some of the stuff doesnt seem all that useful.

Glorified yoga. Just to keep him and his body fresh, calm and relaxed. Supposedly Conor has being doing these exercises for years watching Ido's YouTube videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

GSP is a big fan of gymnastics - it can only help IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I personally have a great disdain for the man. Not his methods, but the fact that he charges 600 dollars for a seminar which is so cramped that you cannot properly do the movements he's demonstrating without hitting another person. His 'method' would be widely available online too. I guess if you are stupid enough to pay it, he has every right to it. Just rubs me the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

JustTheOne wrote: »

They're

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

evil_seed wrote: »
    They're

I'm sure he's aware of that. I make that mistake often enough by accident.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement