Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I have a UFC hoodie exactly like this: http://getmmastuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/UFCSHERPA.jpg
    And I have two tap out tshirts that I only wear for lounging around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I have a UFC hoodie exactly like this: http://getmmastuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/UFCSHERPA.jpg
    And I have two tap out tshirts that I only wear for lounging around the house.

That's the one I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    That's the one I have.

I actually really like it. I found a shop in Florida that sells loads of mma merchandise and I got it there. My only regret is that I didn't buy a few more!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Is that actually real?

Or a mockup designed to take the p out of MMA shirts?

It's got every cheesy MMA shirt cliché imaginable in there.

Skulls, bones, motorbikes, swords, axe, dragon, ace of spades, even a feckin rhino!

frank-mir-shirt-ecko-ufc-107.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

dave1982 wrote: »
    It brings up interesting subject

Who here wears UFC or tapout clothing ?

I have a couple of nice TUF shirts and a nice Jon Jones shirt.

I wear Tapout stuff when training though because the rash guards and shorts are dirt cheap on Sports Direct. If never let anyone see me wear a Tapout t shirt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I really wanted to get some frank mir tshirts before but knew I could never wear one out in public :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

dave1982 wrote: »
    It brings up interesting subject

Who here wears UFC or tapout clothing ?

Ever since Argos and heatons start selling them, I've seen everyone from frumpy women to the local juicers wearing them. Nearly every juicer with their disco muscles wears them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Just imagine in a few years when they are completely out of fashion and uncool, you'll finally be able to wear them in public, as a mma-hipster :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I don't get the issue with wearing Tapout/UFC/MusclePharm/Jaco clothing..?

Even Joe Rogan thinks they're silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Pretty good apparel but it kinda reminds me of seeing people wearing pokerstars merchandise that they bought with their loyalty balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Ecko unltd have some cool gear. Johnny Hendricks wears some nice stuff of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

There is a strange stigma attached to them, there are some suttle ones but more can be over the top.

People can wear soccer jerseys and no one bats a eye lid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

RTE are using footage from McGregor in the UFC an awful lot in their RTE Sport promos, those little montages of different sports with "home of sport" or some slogan at the end. I think I've seen two, maybe three different ones now with McGregor. I wonder are they planning to get in on the action ahead of 3e or if they just figure they can do that because they have him on the late late show sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

I don't get the issue with wearing Tapout/UFC/MusclePharm/Jaco clothing..?

Its for people easily conned out of their cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

amkin25 wrote: »
    <mod snip>.

Tyron or rory....who ya got man?

I got a decent bet coming up if tyron takes it down.
    Ivory coast,Arlovsk,Bader and Woodley now for the cash.

califano wrote: »
    Pretty good apparel but it kinda reminds me of seeing people wearing pokerstars merchandise that they bought with their loyalty balance.

My wardrobe is full of PokerStars and Full Tilt gear. In fact, I own more of their clothes than anything else. I don't get your point.
    Its for people easily conned out of their cash.

Explain this one to me. What's the difference in buying these brands and any other brand? People buy clothes they think look good. Its subjective. I'm sure there's people out there that think you dress like a clown - you would obviously disagree.

My wardrobe is full of PokerStars and Full Tilt gear. In fact, I own more of their clothes than anything else. I don't get your point.

Explain this one to me. What's the difference in buying these brands and any other brand? People buy clothes they think look good. Its subjective. I'm sure there's people out there that think you dress like a clown - you would obviously disagree.

I was probably being a bit harsh just not for me to be paying way over the value of something,if you can afford it,its your own cash your choice.
    Just the profits they make on clothing like this would be enough to make me sick,they make these in china or somewhere for next to nothing.

You asked so for me its like when playing poker some time ago and this big yank comes in adorned in pokerstars gear like its something he attained, big billy bol!x. Like hes telling the other normies ''im a player''. NO you arent the special one we all could cash in our ps points for similar but we dont want to be laughed at!. Similar to the mma gear only NO you arent a fighter your just someone who bought the top but knowingly or not your putting out the undercurrents out that your a fighter.
    Before someone says ''so every Celtic or Livepool fan who wears a football shirt thinks theyre a player?''. No its not the same thing as every jackass wears a soccer shirt but because poker and mma apparel is so niche its sending the signals in the same way someone walks their boxer or gun dog around. Look at my dog im as hard a bastid as this dog here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

You asked so for me its like when playing poker some time ago and this big yank comes in adorned in pokerstars gear like its something he attained, big billy bol!x. Like hes telling the other normies ''im a player''. NO you arent the special one we all could cash in our ps points for similar but we dont want to be laughed at!. Similar to the mma gear only NO you arent a fighter your just someone who bought the top but knowingly or not your putting out the undercurrents out that your a fighter.
    Before someone says ''so every Celtic or Livepool fan who wears a football shirt thinks theyre a player?''. No its not the same thing as every jackass wears a soccer shirt but because poker and mma apparel is so niche its sending the signals in the same way someone walks their boxer or gun dog around. Look at my dog im as hard a bastid as this dog here.

I'd agree with everything except the boxer and gundog!! :) maybe a Rottweiler and pitbull

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'd agree with everything except the boxer and gundog!! :) maybe a Rottweiler and pitbull

I thought gun dog would be all encompasing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

it is really the same thing though for me anyway

I got two pokerstars tees, hadnt enough points to get anything proper so
    just delighted to get to get any tee for free to be honest
    I'd be playing poker for 10 years to be able to anything worthwhile
    form the store

got two tapout tees for the simple reason they were £10 on sports direct
    there's no way in hell I'd pay what some charge
    I'd like an affliction tee as they look nice and you dont see many
    wearing them but no way would I pay the price they ask

I never wear any of the above when I'm out, just to work where
    few I work with follow mma or even know what ufc is and the few who play poker play for minimum stakes like myself
    Depends how you carry yourself I suppose?

I support liverpool but dont own a jersey, not willing to pay 50 or whatever
    it is they cost

Love maiden, have a few of their tees
    they look different, unique designs like affliction maybe

to me all the above are the exact same thing
    favourite band, sports, online games or just freebies

Hell I even have a boffer tee :o

This thread has gone completely off the rails :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I was probably being a bit harsh just not for me to be paying way over the value of something,if you can afford it,its your own cash your choice.
    Just the profits they make on clothing like this would be enough to make me sick,they make these in china or somewhere for next to nothing.
    The profits are probably no different than other similarly priced clothes.

Just for the record, I got all my poker clothes for free cause I used to work for Stars and Full Tilt. If someone wants to look at me and think I'm a wannabe fighter for wearing a tapout t shirt or a wannabe poker player for wearing a Stars hoody then go nuts. I just think its a bit stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm assuming McGregor has signed with FullTilt to be a professional poker player, otherwise, what the fúck are yous talking about?

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I'm assuming McGregor has signed with FullTilt to be a professional poker player, otherwise, what the fúck are yous talking about?

Stop trying to derail the thread man, this is obviously a discussion about whether to wear tapout or affliction when you're playing poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I thought gun dog would be all encompasing:)

I'm not sure that you know what a gun dog is.
    Everything else made sense apart from that.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm not sure that you know what a gun dog is.
    Everything else made sense apart from that.

Ok enough with the semantics:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement