Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

evil_seed wrote: »
    They're

Oh dear.

Hmmmm.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ido Portal's movement is amazing and I'm sure that level of strength and flexibility is a big plus especially when it comes to doing those capoeira kicks etc. It will also allow a fighter good movement on the back foot particularly. A lot of Ido's stuff has a right bang of "west cork crystal wavers" of it though and I have a feeling that as good as the man is (and he's very good!) theres an element of Emperors New Clothes about it. I would say you could get 90% of the same results with a half decent yoga teacher.
    If Conor can afford him, great... its his money! But bang for buck most people could just start down the local YMCA :)

One thing that I wonder about...that sort of strength exercises builds a lot of muscle (particularly in muscles that might not have been developed before). Surely this adds to the difficulty of cutting to get to weight.... over-bulking on muscle (which is comparatively heavy and difficult to lose) has always been an issue in combat sports...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Sorry if this is wrong place but i left my bank card in MGM room thought i put it in my suitcase then it was put on the wrong flight so only got it back yesterday, It was used 10 times in Vegas since then would it be worth getting in contact with the MGM to see if that person is still in the room or would i just be wasting my time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

If you want to nab this person for the debits how can you prove that you left the card in the room

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is wrong place but i left my bank card in MGM room thought i put it in my suitcase then it was put on the wrong flight so only got it back yesterday, It was used 10 times in Vegas since then would it be worth getting in contact with the MGM to see if that person is still in the room or would i just be wasting my time?

You're assuming the next person staying that room used it. Might have been the cleaner, mini bar restocker...anyone that took it. Also can you prove you left it there? I'd say focus on getting the purchases rescinded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

John Kavanagh on radio saying that McGregor is aiming to fight the winner of the Dos Anjos/Cerrone fight in around April:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

jon1981 wrote: »
    You're assuming the next person staying that room used it. Might have been the cleaner, mini bar restocker...anyone that took it. Also can you prove you left it there? I'd say focus on getting the purchases rescinded.

Ye that's very true, Just checked what was taking and could have been much worse so probaly best let it lie and cancel card straight away next time, Live and learn i suppose

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The Credit card company will refund the purchases. They will grumble and moan but ultimately they'll reverse them and the merchant will foot the bill. That's what happens (a lot) with online purchases too :(

You need to alert them right now tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Ye that's very true, Just checked what was taking and could have been much worse so probaly best let it lie and cancel card straight away next time, Live and learn i suppose

Once you prove you were in Dublin while the purchases were made in vegas should make them realise your telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Show them your fight details, that'll prove you weren't in country

• Advertisement

aFZRtrz.gif

Thought this was funny :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I see the RTE sports awards on TV tonight. Surely Conor should be in the running for sportsman of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

He is, I think Kavanagh is there representing him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I see the RTE sports awards on TV tonight. Surely Conor should be in the running for sportsman of the year?

He claims on facebook he is not interested in credit from rte its cash he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What a load of bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I'm getting laid into here on Twitter for saying it was a joke that Conlon won over McGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'm getting laid into here on Twitter for saying it was a joke that Conlon won over McGregor

McGregor may have won if he turned up. The UFC would have loved if he had won as it legitimizes the sport if he is winning national awards like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

stephenl15 wrote: »

There is/was a legit case for McGregor definitely, but Conlon was as much if not more deserving of the accolade. Dont see how you can say it was a joke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its voted on by sports journalists and editorial staff, there wasnt a chance McGregor was going to win it. Conlon is worthy of the award and I wouldnt have been shocked if Paul O 'Connell had gotten it either, never expected Conor to pick it up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Look lads, as hard as this might be to accept right now there is a far greater depth of talent in elite amateur boxing than there is in MMA. Colon's accomplishment is greater than Conor's.

It pains me to say that but it's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Conlon or POC were shoe ins for the award, I'm actually surprised at the backlash there was no way Conor was winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Colon's accomplishment is greater than Conor's.

It pains me to say that but it's true.

eh, no it is not, what mcgregor has done is much more than Conlan - Conlan does well in an amateur fencing game where they wear pillows. McGregor has taken over MMA, made a mint and is a PRO world champion - big difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

eh, no it is not, what mcgregor has done is much more than Conlan - Conlan does well in an amateur fencing game where they wear pillows. McGregor has taken over MMA, made a mint and is a PRO world champion - big difference

Fight many amateur boxing fights? They wear 10oz gloves

The way I look at it being a world class amature boxer In Ireland seems to hold more water than being a professional world champion in mma, as wrong as that is I think it's the culture we have built around amature boxing in this country. That will soon change though with the explosion in mma throughout the country.

ASOT wrote: »
    The way I look at it being a world class amature boxer In Ireland seems to hold more water than being a professional world champion in mma, as wrong as that is I think it's the culture we have built around amature boxing in this country. That will soon change though with the explosion in mma throughout the country.

Amateur boxing has millions of registered boxers across the world

Conlon achieved more than Conor in a sport Conor failed to achieve much in,Same way Mick would never do what Conor has in mma,at the end of the year though whose known more to the public and the real acid test whose bank account is bigger,Im sure hes in LA now in his rolls royce crying about losing a poxy award.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Pro or Amateur, and money made is not even considered thank god. If the amount of money earned by a sportsman was a factor, then Rory Mcilroy would win every year.

Conlon won Euro and World titles in 2015. As well as securing Olympic qualification early in the year. A deserving winner.

Gaygooner wrote: »
    Amateur boxing has millions of registered boxers across the world

I know that, I just said there's a massive culture built around amature boxing in Ireland, that's why conlons achievements would be held in higher regard than Conors in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

That's a lovely sound bite but it doesn't address the subject of my post.

Boxing has a much, much, much wider Base than MMA right now. That's undeniably true.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    I know that, I just said there's a massive culture built around amature boxing in Ireland, that's why conlons achievements would be held in higher regard than Conors in this country.

AMATEUR boxing is Ireland most successful Olympic sport

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement