Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Unlike some people in the UFC, I don't get on my knees to get what I want.

gets on knees :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Conor v RDA - UFC lightweight title fight in association with Notorious Promotions

Im calling it now.

TMT - the mcgregor team :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kettlehead

My missus is from an Eastern European nation. Before it used to be "hey, were holding the EU presidency, Guinness, Roy Keane" etc.

Now there's only one man they wanna talk about.

Even her sister is in on the act - did you meet Conor McGregor? Tell me!

Her oul lad is ex Czech military and when he gets his signed UFC gloves he will go mental. He's crazy into that "I'm a Celt" bolloxsology. He even named his security businesses "Keltus". I'm acceptable as I'm Irish.

Conor is god tier abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Next evolution of our species....its only a matter of time before he learns to fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nearly got knocked down by Conor on south William Street when I was coming out of work, he's after changing my bum life.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Nearly got knocked down by Conor on south William Street when I was coming out of work, he's after changing my bum life.

Ah sorry to hear you missed out on that claim,and rag paper interview money on how your life flashed before your eyes

Was he in the escalade?

Gamebred wrote: »
    Ah sorry to hear you missed out on that claim,and rag paper interview money on how your life flashed before your eyes

Was he in the escalade?

He's in the BMW i8, looks quality. Red pantie night at the ASOT house tonight.

ASOT wrote: »
    He's in the BMW i8, looks quality. Red pantie night at the ASOT house tonight.

I heard him say hes buying the missus a porsche for x mas,presume he will update his own fleet too,some life.

I heard him say hes buying the missus a porsche for x mas,presume he will update his own fleet too,some life.

Big smile on his face, delighted for him. The BMW is quality looking. Testament to what hard work can get you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I can see him being bankrupt in 10-15 years time.. Does he still have the gambling problem I wonder

• Advertisement

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I can see him being bankrupt in 10-15 years time.. Does he still have the gambling probable I wonder

I never thought he'd make the money hes on now tbh,I thought he'd be doing well to make 10-12m out of fighting when retired,but now hes clearing that a fight with ppv and all sponserships I'd guess,Dont see him going broke tbh he will retire with at least 30 or 40m if he keeps going for a few years at this rate,he has books films and stuff like that to fall back on even opening gyms restruants hes even talked about opening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

I can see him being bankrupt in 10-15 years time.. Does he still have the gambling probable I wonder

I doubt it. The guy is very intelligent. Anyway so what if he spends all the money in his youth? Can't stand all these people that are so focused on their future that they don't spend a penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Gambling probable?

GFT wrote:
    I doubt it. The guy is very intelligent. Anyway so what if he spends all the money in his youth? Can't stand all these people that are so focused on their future that they don't spend a penny.

Of course he should enjoy it while he can, I'm not saying he shouldn't spend it. Just think he spends savage amounts on cars watches and mansions. His career is going to be a short one. He said he has a bad gambling problem before too but maybe he quit.

JustTheOne wrote:
    Gambling probable?

Sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

Even after fighting the guy at that stage will have his fingers in so many pies he'll have a massive metaphorical bakery.

He'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Probably be Dana's successor, he's holding his own pressers already:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

These cars are his assets too. If he talked the talked about living in the McMansion and didn't go around in BMWs or Range Rovers people would see right through him. This adds to his appeal. I doubt he's getting taken to the cleaners in terms of deals on the cars too. I'd say plenty of car dealers would be more than happy to supply Conor with a car below price just to have a picture of him on the wall with the keys

^ He bought a heap of bmws from the one garage,you better believe he got a good price,

His watch collection is a serious asset its self rolexs and Audemars worth fortunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I can see him being bankrupt in 10-15 years time.. Does he still have the gambling problem I wonder

I very much doubt that tbh, considering he's a multi-millionaire at this stage, and the fact its very easy to make money when you have money.

Also what gambling problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He has spoken of a gambling problem on a number of occasions tbf

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Im sure hes loving the nice exchange rate for trading dollars to euro,Is the irish taxman taking his cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Im sure hes loving the nice exchange rate for trading dollars to euro,Is the irish taxman taking his cut?

Has Conor been resident for enough days to require tax here for this year?

UFC Boston, 189 press tour, Las Vegas for prep, Ultimate Fighter and then Vegas again for 194. That grants exception of think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Has Conor been resident for enough days to require tax here for this year?

UFC Boston, 189 press tour, Las Vegas for prep, Ultimate Fighter and then Vegas again for 194. That grants exception of think.

He's here for more than half the year, he's paying tax here. I'm sure he has a good accountant anyway and he's not a PAYE worker, he's technically self employed as a contractor, so he won't be paying the highest rate of PAYE tax, most people earning over 200k are getting paid as external self employed contractors because its easier to ease your tax burden that way.

He's also paying US taxes, they take a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He's here for more than half the year, he's paying tax here.

I'd say he'd be borderline for 1/2 the year tbh.

Boston fight plus the World Tour was probably a month. He was in Vegas over 2 months before 189, and then filming TUF was another 2 months after.
    And 194 was another month wouldn't be surprised if the reason he didn;t get back until the 20th Dec was to go over 6 months.

He's also paying US taxes, they take a cut.
    There's a double taxation treaty between US and Ireland, but no idea how it works for athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Mellor wrote: »
    I'd say he'd be borderline for 1/2 the year tbh.

Boston fight plus the World Tour was probably a month. He was in Vegas over 2 months before 189, and then filming TUF was another 2 months after.
    And 194 was another month wouldn't be surprised if the reason he didn;t get back until the 20th Dec was to go over 6 months.

There's a double taxation treaty between US and Ireland, but no idea how it works for athletes.

Residency takes account of 2 years also - he'd be here more than 280 days the last 2 years so would be resident.

Double tax treaty works the same for athletes as everyone else.

HonorablePopularGecko.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

^^^ what the hell was that? :pac:

He really is living the life... Pretty much to a T how I'd love to live mine... Ya know, if I had any athletic talent.
    He has played the game flawlessly so far and has earned his extravagances.

I'm not sure if he has, or ever had a gambling problem... But it irks me somewhat that there are always people looking for the failure or downfall of someone when they are on the way up.

And anyway.... He could be broke by the time he's 40... He'll still have outlived 99% of the planets population.

I'm not sure if he has, or ever had a gambling problem... But it irks me somewhat that there are always people looking for the failure or downfall of someone when they are on the way up.

Jesus Christ Almighty, I'm looking for him to fail at all! Simply said it wouldn't surprise me if he went bankrupt.. He has admitted several times to having a bad gambling problem, he said he'd bet his house on the weather if he could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Was just looking at Conors record a while ago and there was a gap of almost 2 years between his fights from December 2008 to October 2010. Anyone know the reason behind this? Was he injured or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement