Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

If the April card in NYC definitely goes ahead then Conor v RDS and Cormier v Jones would be a real possibility I'd say. I'm sure they'll be looking for a two title fight show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He's a waaaaaaay different fighter to when he was KO'd by Stephens. He won't swing like he did v Cerrone against Conor, straight for the takedown like vs Pettis.
    Would RDA use similar tactics as Poirer vs duffy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

He should, if the takedown is there he should take it, why play to your opponents strength

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

JJayoo wrote: »
    He should, if the takedown is there he should take it, why play to your opponents strength

RDA would need to get in close enough for the takedown without getting cracked on the chin which Conor is more than capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Watch RDA vs Pettis if you want to see a good performance, that's likely what he'd do vs Conor imo. RDA is clever, he''ll strike when he's confident he can win it there but grapple if he needs to. He knew standing with Pettis one kick could end it so he was always close to exploit Pettis' boxing and TDD. Conor has better boxing than Pettis, but RDA would likely take him down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Didnt RDA injure his knee before the Pettis fight too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I don't think it'd be over too quickly but I'd agree, he'll eventually find that chin and put him down.

Khabib worries me though, if he gets back fit he's a big issue for Conor. Big if though seeing how injury prone he seems to be.

Mcgregor v the Eagle would be a great match alright,hope we get to see it one day.

Hope Nurmagomedov makes a come back after his latest set back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Remember around the Dublin Card against Brandao Conor Signed a book deal,that crew who signed him up are laughing to the bank now price would be a zillion times higher if there was bidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Bound to be some announcement soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Mcgregor v the Eagle would be a great match alright,hope we get to see it one day.

Hope Nurmagomedov makes a come back after his latest set back.

He's Conor's worst nightmare, but I doubt he'll ever be back tbh and if he is who knows if it'll be the same guy that absolutely dominated RDA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Conor relaxed and smiling......boom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cp6CTN7VU8

not sure if its been up before but this is fan reactions to those famous 13 second

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

fitzparker wrote: »

not sure if its been up before but this is fan reactions to those famous 13 second

People @3:13 seconds? :eek:

dave1982 wrote: »
    People @3:13 seconds? :eek:

if you had to close your eyes and draw a yank... this would be the outcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

And yet they're Australian...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i was about to krank one out only it turned out to be a bloke

DrPhilG wrote: »

touché :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Maybe its just me but I cant stand people recording their reactions to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

xtal191 wrote: »
    Maybe its just me but I cant stand people recording their reactions to ****.

Agree completely. Completely staged. People knowing they're gonna be posted online and hoping to go viral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Hate to be the youtube grinch about this, but I can't stand a lot of these 'reaction' videos. Ones taken in pubs, on phones etc I don't mind, but the ones where someone has set up to record their own reactions are either a) faked (watching it on replay) or b) faked (put the camera there to act up to it and seek attention) or c) faked (combination of a + b).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

DrPhilG wrote: »

The hint was on the wall in the background. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

John Kavanagh is writing an authobiography for release in the summer, could be a very interesting one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

John Kavanagh is writing an authobiography for release in the summer, could be a very interesting one.

He signed the agreement today and it's going to be released in the summer. It will be written very quickly to get edited and to print before then.

He won't be writing any of it. A ghost writer, probably a sports journalist from an Irish red top or the Independent will Interview him for about 6-10 hours and then write the book. John will get sent chapters are they're written to suggest edits.

Fair play all the same, easy money if it sells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

He signed the agreement today and it's going to be released in the summer. It will be written very quickly to get edited and to print before then.

He won't be writing any of it. A ghost writer, probably a sports journalist from an Irish red top or the Independent will Interview him for about 6-10 hours and then write the book. John will get sent chapters are they're written to suggest edits.

Fair play all the same, easy money if it sells.

Absolutely, I will def read it just for the insight on how they prepared for some of the bigger fights and how they came up with strategies, will be a nice easy read

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He seems a bit young to be writing an autobiography but he will have an interesting story to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Tshirt ripping man lol

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Looks like McGregor will be facing Dos Anjos for the Lightweight belt at UFC 197 on March 5th in Vegas. Nothing official yet but all the signs are pointing to this. The lack of an announcement so far could be due to contract negotiations. Dos Anjos will be wanting a big pay day.

Unless the UFC refuse him and do the Diaz fight, could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Makes sense, win or lose, UFC can still make a big fight at UFC 200 between Conor and aldo/frankie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Makes sense, win or lose, UFC can still make a big fight at UFC 200 between Conor and aldo/frankie

They'll be praying for a quick finish for Conor, if it's a 5 round war it'd be tough for him to make July

Then again Conor and 5 rounds :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Just read this earlier this morning....news is imminent apparently

"McGregor’s shot at dos Anjos moves closer as White opens door for lightweight title bout"
    http://www.the42.ie/mcgregor-dos-anjos-ufc-197-2535005-Jan2016/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

They'd want to be announcing it like tomorrow or something, it's less than 2 months away now. Unless it's been agreed already and they're ready to go into camp already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement