Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hope it's RDA... If only because I met him in Vegas during the summer and is one of the funniest/nicest guys you could ever meet.

We're practically friends ya know.... :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'd like to see the Diaz fight alright, but if does should he not vacate his belt then? You can't leave a clear challenger waiting if you are not going for the other belt imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

If he's injured and wins both belts then they should have interm champs until he returns

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

newbbieb wrote: »
    You really think the UFC LW champ in the form of his life gets out of shape between fights? When he says he walks around 195 he walks around in shape normal weight at 195.Whereas Conor between fights while also in shape walks around at 175 that is the difference.Arguing over what he cuts the last week is immaterial you don't think Conor was cutting from 175 to 145 in one week either do you?
    No fighter will stay at fight condition. Nor should they. But There is a difference between staying close to fight weight and walking around excessively over that.
    RDA gets nowhere near the octagon at 195. He might walk around at 20lbs heavier than McGregor, but that means nothing. In March he'll be 5lbs bigger at most.
    The weight they cut from during fight week is far from immaterial. That's more or less the weight they'll be in the cage. It's by far the most important weight of all imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

ASOT wrote: »

I hope this Reebok shït comes back to bite the ufc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Anyone see these ?
    zzzUFCMcGregorTee_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Saipanne wrote: »
    I hope this Reebok shït comes back to bite the ufc.

Cerrone on the mma hour yesterday said he was fined much more than 5 grand which is outrageous. He said he's going to do it every fight, and was told he will be crippled financially. He said he still hasnt received his Reebok cheque and doesn't imagine he'll get it for that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

RDA is probably looking at 194 payout and wondering how McGregor got 500k and an unbeaten in 10 year champ Jose Aldo gets 400k?

he will want at least the same.. regardless of having no pull, I think it is disrespectful to the champ getting less than the challenger

UFC as usual being hungry cnuts!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

ASOT wrote: »
    Cerrone on the mma hour yesterday said he was fined much more than 5 grand which is outrageous. He said he's going to do it every fight, and was told he will be crippled financially. He said he still hasnt received his Reebok cheque and doesn't imagine he'll get it for that fight.

I haven't seen or heard ANYTHING good about the Reebok deal.

The clothes are poorly designed & consistently contain unbelievable mistakes, the money paid to the fighters, from the rookies right up to the championship contenders, is laughable. The loss of other sponsors hurts all the fighters on the roster, and now hearing about them dishing out fines for wearing other clothing/badges/insignia at weigh-ins just makes my blood boil.
    Zuffa have made a serious mistake maintaining this relationship above the interests of their fighters. I hope it comes back to bite them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

fitzparker wrote: »
    RDA is probably looking at 194 payout and wondering how McGregor got 500k and an unbeaten in 10 year champ Jose Aldo gets 400k?

he will want at least the same.. regardless of having no pull, I think it is disrespectful to the champ getting less than the challenger

It's a business for the UFC at the end of the day. Aldo/Mendes 2 did 180k, Aldo/McGregor likely 1.2m.

Add that to the higher PPV percentage McGregor would get over the opponent already (If they even get one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

I am not at all defending the UFC payscale,fighters on the low end are getting badly treated but in Conor v Aldo case i think Aldo still done very well out of the situation he had a cut of pay per view on top of that 400k.

Why should Aldo get what Conor gets,the place of was full of Irish people supporting Conor they paid their tickets to see him not Aldo.Same goes for ppv people were paying to see Conor,all of Aldos previous fights bombed out and done badly so at the end of the day Conor deserved way more.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's not the official pay he's worried about, it's the PPV cut which will eclipse that.

newbbieb wrote: »
    I am not at all defending the UFC payscale,fighters on the low end are getting badly treated but in Conor v Aldo case i think Aldo still done very well out of the situation he had a cut of pay per view on top of that 400k.

Why should Aldo get what Conor gets,the place of was full of Irish people supporting Conor they paid their tickets to see him not Aldo.Same goes for ppv people were paying to see Conor,all of Aldos previous fights bombed out and done badly so at the end of the day Conor deserved way more.

but you understand RDA still has a case to ask for more? he cannot just say yeah where do I sign? he is the champ. In the long run this will help the fighters with getting the pay they deserve when they question the fee....

for instance look at the likes of Nate diaz getting 20K sure half the stadium was there to see him (3rd fight on the main card).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Is there a case to be made that the UFC management are greedy dicks that cut people off that don't play ball and they need to be stood up to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Is there a case to be made that the UFC management are greedy dicks that cut people off that don't play ball and they need to be stood up to?

Who could, though? Maybe McGregor, Rousey and Jones have that power. All ufc have to do is keep the big stars happy, the rest can get fücked, as far as they are concerned.

This is what im saying, I think RDA is playing hardball.

I think he is thinking to himself 1% of PPV for this card is way lower than 1% of PPV for UFC 200. he might not be able to compete at 200 if he gets ****ed up in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Saipanne wrote: »
    Who could, though? Maybe McGregor, Rousey and Jones have that power. All ufc have to do is keep the big stars happy, the rest can get fücked, as far as they are concerned.
    mcgregor and rousey are kind of out of the loop, they are proven super profit generators, that Diaz fee for example is an insult.

aside from this:
    anybody else excited about the possiblitly of diaz v mcgreggor at some point? can you imagine how close to a brawl the face offs would be??

mcgregor and rousey are kind of out of the loop, they are proven super profit generators, that Diaz fee for example is an insult.

aside from this:
    anybody else excited about the possiblitly of diaz v mcgreggor at some point? can you imagine how close to a brawl the face offs would be??

I think this would be better for all parties, Mcgregor will make as much money if not more than 194 he then walks into UFC 200 after beating a lightweight against RDA ( who is happy getting % of UFC 200 PPV)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

RDA's manager says they aren't holding up things their end. Someone is lying.

• Advertisement

cloudatlas wrote: »
    RDA's manager says they aren't holding up things their end. Someone is lying.

His manager is that clown Ali Abdel-Aziz,hard to believe a word that comes outta that guys mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ariel Helwani says both parties are on board, and he's not sure what's causing the delay.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Ariel Helwani says both parties are on board, and he's not sure what's causing the delay.

Hopefully then it means fight is going ahead,must be just UFC wanting to announce it on their terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Ariel is saying this because he's spoken to both camps and both camps are saying "It's not us Ariel, has to be them".

But it's someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Apparently it's due to some complications with the MGM Grand over the date due to a boxing event. If this is true it should be resolved sooner than later once the paperwork is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Apparently it's due to some complications with the MGM Grand over the date due to a boxing event. If this is true it should be resolved sooner than later once the paperwork is done.

Breaking:

Fight hasn't been announced because the MGM Lion is looking for more money!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Breaking:

Fight hasn't been announced because the MGM Lion is looking for more money!

After the way that poor lion was treated last time the Irish were in town i'm guessing it's more security it's after, not money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Mmafighting say dos anjos was fined for breaching Reebok deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Reebok thing is a complete joke at this stage Id love if the whole roster went on strike it would be teriffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Gamebred wrote: »
    Reebok thing is a complete joke at this stage Id love if the whole roster went on strike it would be teriffic.

Would never happen though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement