Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭BearsyBoo

Anyone have a presale code there not using?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Anyone going to this fight?
    Just wondering if theres any deals out there?

Ive had a look and can see prices for flight and 5 night accommodation working out at circa 700/800.Not bad.Hotel is irrelevant as I wont be spending much time at the pool as its winter and will just be laying my head down.

If this isn't the correct thread or im derailing please move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

rusty cole wrote: »
    Id say the Brazilians will do and take anything not to lose this, I'd say if you test RDA the day of the fight, he'd be off the charts.

Call off all the drug tests, this is all the proof we need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

davmol wrote: »
    Anyone going to this fight?
    Just wondering if theres any deals out there?

Ive had a look and can see prices for flight and 5 night accommodation working out at circa 700/800.Not bad.Hotel is irrelevant as I wont be spending much time at the pool as its winter and will just be laying my head down.

If this isn't the correct thread or im derailing please move.

I thought hotel was irrelevant to going to 194 but tbh it was a bit of a pain in the hole being stuck at other end of the strip. If you're going to use taxi it costs about 15-$20 to get from 1 end of strip to other, so what you save in hotel you'll spend on taxis or if you take the bus(like I did mostly) it takes about 1/2 hour with traffic getting from 1 end of strip to other. If you're only there 5 days then time wasted sitting in bus adds up. I'd recommend trying to get somewhere within walking distance(10-15mins) to MGM so maybe no further down than about planet hollywood area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Frankies manager laying into conor about been scared to fight at his proper weight.

Suppose this is the new excuse for him wiping out the division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

The ticket pricing increases are getting out of control in my opinion. Fans will soon be , if not already priced out of buying tickets. I believe the figures are something like this:
    189.....$128-$1003
    194.....$178-$1253
    197.....$200-$1450

I'm not naive, I know if the demand is there then people will pay but if prices are going to increase at this rate then a bigger venue is needed. More demand will hopefully mean bigger venues, not bigger prices.

JokerD wrote: »

I'm not naive, I know if the demand is there then people will pay but if prices are going to increase at this rate then a bigger venue is needed. More demand will hopefully mean bigger venues, not bigger prices.

There is a new 20k seat arena due to open very shortly in Vegas. I read UFC200 will be its first sporting event(bar any delays)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

rusty cole wrote: »
    was bored last night at a loose end and decided to watch RDA in action in the last few fights. I have to say, and I'll be blasted for this, not too impressed, I remembered him lashing petis out of it, but not really the case, yes he beat em up but he was just stronger I thought. he's another one of these lads that walks around after you, quite flat footed, throwing power shots, powerful mid section kicks, powerful punches, (not nearly in mcgregors league) from planted feet too. in terms of accuracy or speed, not one bit. In fact I'm disappointed in petis for having been beaten by him on the night really. Petis hit him a few nice punches and they had no purchase really, where as McGregor would have made him feel it.

This has an effect on a fighter, because the aggressor gains confidence and the defender get's anxious. it causes hesitation and can you imagine if say Mcgregor hesitated against aldo?? he didn't, he didn't panic and he reverted to all too frequent type, good knockout.

Mcgregor is 1" taller than RDA and has a 4 inch reach advantage, also if RDA is bigger (and he is very much so) this weight cut with no IV recovery, may be hard on him.

I watched mcgregors fight against Ivan Buchinger at 155 and he did not look physically different really but by jasus was he fast and powerful. That fight made all his UFC fights actually look slow, he was fierce impressive, no wonder white signed him. Id say the Brazilians will do and take anything not to lose this, I'd say if you test RDA the day of the fight, he'd be off the charts. Think of it, another Brazilian fighting icon, stripped by the Irishman!! consecutively???

if conor can stay away from them heavy legs he'll beat em I feel, they guy's simply not fast enough. If he's getting picked apart early on, he'll dive for cover and try use that BJJ black belt grade of his. you have to imagine also, he's slower and also half as dynamic as ALDO so avoiding his kicks should be easy enough, its not like conor mcgregor hasn't been practicing really.

As the great man says precision beats power :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Devastator wrote: »
    There is a new 20k seat arena due to open very shortly in Vegas. I read UFC200 will be its first sporting event(bar any delays)

That's true, maybe I'm being cynical but if the latest rises are anything to by I'm not holding much hope that there'll be much of a reduction with a 20k capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Frankies manager laying into conor about been scared to fight at his proper weight.

Frankie's manager is RDA's manager, he's just trying to sell both fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think it's his coach actually. Granted Frankie's manager is usually the big mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I don't think RDA will be rattled by Conor's mind games. I just get that impression from the last conference that he is calm collected. This American Gringo stuff probably won't hit the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He didn't wipe out the division. He didn't beat Frankie.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He didn't wipe out the division. He didn't beat Frankie.

He beat the champ.

That's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

The only champ of the division who no one else could beat.

The Frankie fight makes sense, but Conor has done enough at 145 imo.

The only champ of the division who no one else could beat.

The Frankie fight makes sense, but Conor has done enough at 145 imo.

Exactly he wiped out 7 fighters in 2 years.

Frankie had his chance. He will have to wait, he doesn't get to call the shots at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

I think it's his coach actually. Granted Frankie's manager is usually the big mouth.

Yeah it was his coach

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAgXWSbty8o/
    mark_henry7@thenotoriousmma and @coach_kavanagh unlike most of the 145 pd division that is upset you're going up I'm not. I want to congratulate you on actually fighting men your own size. I mean walking 175-180 fighting at 155 takes a brave man. When you say 99 % of people couldn't make the weight cut Conner makes to 145 your right, because 99 % of the fighters aren't as scared as Conner to have to drop that much weight. Fear could will a man to do amazing things. Now why don't you drop the security blanket and leave the 145 pd belt and go full blown BIG BOY. Congratulations again....... Almost.
    PS @frankieedgar walked 156 when he won 155 title..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Another one Conor has gotten to,hilarious really grown men so wound up by anything he does

giphy.gif

Unlike the rational postings of the fanboys....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Conor McGregor does not plan on being in the UFC for very much longer. I don't know if it's going to be this year or next year but Conor McGregor's end goal is to promote his own fights. Now whether that is in conjunction with the UFC or 'McGregor Promotions', I do not know.

He's not going to fight in Croke Park with the UFC. The UFC is not going to run Croke Park. He has been telling people that he will run (a fight in) Croke Park when he's out on his own.

Jeremey Botter on McGregor. Interesting stuff.

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Unlike the rational postings of the fanboys....

:D You my friend are one of the biggest victims of this,so wound up by his antics it drives you to follow fans of his like me around on here,may Conor Bless you.

Gamebred wrote: »
    :D You my friend are one of the biggest victims of this,so wound up by his antics it drives you to follow fans of his like me around on here,may Conor Bless you.

Do you not realise that people dislike posters like you, because you clutter up the forum with rubbish, no one actually dislikes McGregor the fighter just his fanboys who have zero interest in MMA but like the drama and have to parrot out out his lines.

Although in fairness I get a good laugh out of the PMs

Do you not realise that people dislike posters like you, because you clutter up the forum with rubbish, no one actually dislikes McGregor the fighter just his fanboys who have zero interest in MMA but like the drama and have to parrot out out his lines.

You're wound up constantly by fans of his online,I'd say your the one with the issue here,a little tip dont let anonymous people on an mma forum get to you,life is too short,now please stop following me around,thanks.

You're wound up constantly by fans of his online,I'd say your the one with the issue here,a little tip dont let anonymous people on an mma forum get to you,life is too short,now please stop following me around,thanks.

How am I wound up? Pointing out how lacking in rational your posts are doesn't really take much effort.

And you quoted me first..... so ya maybe stop following me around, thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Jeremey Botter on McGregor. Interesting stuff.
    That would be pretty cool

Whos Alan Geraghty?
    No idea ?

So now the EX FW champion, EX P4P king and the man who had went 10 years unbeaten is saying he had an agreement that the winner would move to LW, vacate the FW belt so that the loser would fight Frankie? hahahahahahahahaaha :D

Where to start with how incredibly bizarre this sounds...well I'll just leave it with, what would have happened id Chad beat Frankie the night before? Hmmmmm loser vs loser for the FW belt.....don't think so!

"I won’t accept another fight if it’s not for the belt. When we signed the contract, the intention was that the winner would fight at lightweight, but we would need to abandon the featherweight belt. That was the plan, that's what they told us. If we fought at lightweight, win or lose, and then had the opportunity to fight at featherweight again, it would be for the title immediately. I think they gave him too much power and he's playing now, calling the shots more than the others. I think that's wrong, no one ever did that. It doesn't matter if it's about money or not at this point, what matters is show who calls the shots, who's the boss, and not just a piece of s--t talking about things you see. He doesn't deserve to be where he is. I've always respected all the merits, but he had more luck than merits."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/1/13/10761820/conor-mcwhite-jose-aldo-reveals-secret-deal-ufc-194-winner-vacate-featherweight-title-mma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Take it to pm, or put each other on ignore. Either way, stop clogging up this thread with nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement