Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Jeremey Botter on McGregor. Interesting stuff.

All the fighters people would want to see him against would be under contract with the UFC and I don't know how happy they'd be to even come to an arrangement with him to let him fight their guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Gamb!t wrote: »
    No idea ?

Him and Dee down as directors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Him and Dee down as directors.
    I thought you meant who is the guy in general ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He beat the champ.

That's good enough for me.

The only champ of the division who no one else could beat.

The Frankie fight makes sense, but Conor has done enough at 145 imo.

Doesn't matter what's good to you guys or not.

He's the legit champion, he's definitely the best 145er in the world. But he hasn't cleared out the division because he didn't beat Frankie. It's very simple.

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I thought you meant who is the guy in general ?

I did:)

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »

He's the legit champion, he's definitely the best 145er in the world. But he hasn't cleared out the division because he didn't beat Frankie. It's very simple.

Does he have to beat everyone in the division so?

Does he have to beat everyone in the division so?

To "clear out" the division he has to at least beat every credible challenger to the title.

We have enough hyperbole with the "Pound for Pound" ****e and other nonsense, let's not start saying people have "cleared out divisions" when they haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »

Nobody actually thinks he cleared out the division though. It's just hyperbole.
    Why does he need to clear out the division? Most champs haven't cleared out their divisions. Of the 10 current champs, only Mighty Mouse has cleared out his division right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

There is literally nobody once frankie is done,Holloway is taking that strap very soon,Aldo is done as far as im concerned not getting near the belt again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Gamebred wrote: »
    There is literally nobody once frankie is done,Holloway is taking that strap very soon,Aldo is done as far as im concerned not getting near the belt again.

a loss and someone is done.........really

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

a loss and someone is done.........really

Chad mendes butchered his face then gets ko'd into another universe,not to mention hes not getting and younger has been on the go donkeys and talked about retirement,he is not coming back to reign over the division,wont beat conor for the belt either way so wont be touching it,Edgar is getting old too wont be having any reign as a champ,Max will rule it hes only gone 24.

Mellor wrote: »
    Nobody actually thinks he cleared out the division though. It's just hyperbole.
    Why does he need to clear out the division? Most champs haven't cleared out their divisions. Of the 10 current champs, only Mighty Mouse has cleared out his division right now.

I never said he did. I was just saying he hasn't.
    Gamebred wrote: »
    There is literally nobody once frankie is done......

Agreed. But he hasn't beat Frankie. So he hasn't cleared out the division

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Just curious to know why Mr. McG hasn't been home since his win? You would think he'd relish the thought of a homecoming. Seems kinda odd to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

degsie wrote: »
    Just curious to know why Mr. McG hasn't been home since his win? You would think he'd relish the thought of a homecoming. Seems kinda odd to me.

He's been home for the last month? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

He has been home since before Christmas, he is still here now!

The homecoming thing that was arranged for late January (I think that was when it was arranged for) probably won't happen due to his training commitments - think John Kavanagh said something along those line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I walked past him on south William Street like the other day. He's home since like a week after the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

martyos121 wrote: »
    He's been home for the last month? :confused:

My bad, thought there would be a bit of a fuss.

I walked past him on south William Street like the other day. He's home since like a week after the fight.

Is that you ross O carroll Kelly??

Did you really LOIKE just LOIKE walk past him LOIKE!! FFS!

Did you LOIKE high five em? and compare loike MOCACHINOS!!!!:rolleyes:

My bad, thought there would be a bit of a fuss.

I'm sure there will be something for him at some stage, but it will have to wait until March, and that's only if he wins that fight, which is far from a banker.

one thing that does surprise me and it kills me to say this.

from his signing or initial success, RYAN tubridy gave mcgregor plenty of air time, it made for irksome TV at times but overall it was good in the exchanges. Now he actually has a huge success in 2015, I would have thought once home, Tubs would be all over it.. or maybe I've missed it as I'm not an avid Late Late watcher. Has he been on since he got the belt or even since mendes.

again much as I hate tubridy, he also defended MMA on air against a desperate politician trying to ban a potential croke park fight, he came off well I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I did:)
    I dont know what relationship he has with Conor,just he's director of his company.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

rusty cole wrote: »
    Is that you ross O carroll Kelly??

Did you really LOIKE just LOIKE walk past him LOIKE!! FFS!

Did you LOIKE high five em? and compare loike MOCACHINOS!!!!:rolleyes:

What are you on about? Bizarre post.

What are you on about? Bizarre post.

bizarre is how someone uses the word LIKE in that manner normally speaking. Then uses is twice in one short post and actually types it.

maybe I'm old school grammar wise and think trying to Sound LIKE all Like an American Teenager LIKE is LIKE really Like Lame LIKE!

Bizarre, yes that to me is bizarre.

Feel free to LIKE my Post!

bizarre is how someone uses the word LIKE in that manner normally speaking. Then uses is twice in one short post and actually types it.

maybe I'm old school grammar wise and think trying to Sound LIKE all Like an American Teenager LIKE is LIKE really Like Lame LIKE!

Bizarre, yes that to me is bizarre.

Feel free to LIKE my Post!

Fair enough if you find it bizarre, but no need to be pedantic and rude about it. Easier to just bite your tongue (or keyboard in this case) and leave it. Believe me I learned that time and again on this site.

here's the thing right. there are two types of posts that make the Boards world go round in my view! we won't count a third which is trolling and abusive, ignore that crap.

but the two I mean are 1. On topic constructive advancing mature posts. and then there's 2. pedantic, cyber ball breaking!!:D. My LOKIE remark was the latter and typical Friday banter. If I thought it was rude for a moment then I apologize. That mid Atlantic, American upper inflection speak is a pet hate.

So this is me saying ok, I agree with you. I cannot bite my tongue but I take the point :cool:

one thing that does surprise me and it kills me to say this.

from his signing or initial success, RYAN tubridy gave mcgregor plenty of air time, it made for irksome TV at times but overall it was good in the exchanges. Now he actually has a huge success in 2015, I would have thought once home, Tubs would be all over it.. or maybe I've missed it as I'm not an avid Late Late watcher. Has he been on since he got the belt or even since mendes.

again much as I hate tubridy, he also defended MMA on air against a desperate politician trying to ban a potential croke park fight, he came off well I have to say.
    I'm more thinking conor would have returned the loyalty and favour to tubs.

But who knows what's going no on behind the scenes.

here's the thing right. there are two types of posts that make the Boards world go round in my view! we won't count a third which is trolling and abusive, ignore that crap.

but the two I mean are 1. On topic constructive advancing mature posts. and then there's 2. pedantic, cyber ball breaking!!:D. My LOKIE remark was the latter and typical Friday banter. If I thought it was rude for a moment then I apologize. That mid Atlantic, American upper inflection speak is a pet hate.

So this is me saying ok, I agree with you. I cannot bite my tongue but I take the point :cool:

Haha, well I can't take issue with any of that. Glad that didn't descend into chaos like so many things do here.

"Cyber ball breaking" is one I'll have to steal now and again, that's a new one.

Anyway back on topic, Dillashaw was bitching last night that Conor has changed the way UFC promotes fights and he isn't too fond of the idea that he has to promote his own. I've him backed to win on Sunday, but what a load of shîte. Is he too stupid to realise that promoting your fight makes you more money?! He must be sparring with a brick and practising headbutts.

I'm more thinking conor would have returned the loyalty and favour to tubs.

But who knows what's going no on behind the scenes.

yeah I agree with you. the onus should be more on him to turn up having received the support early on. maybe he'll be on in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

He was also in The Black Forge on St Stephens night.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Haha, well I can't take issue with any of that. Glad that didn't descend into chaos like so many things do here.

"Cyber ball breaking" is one I'll have to steal now and again, that's a new one.

Anyway back on topic, Dillashaw was bitching last night that Conor has changed the way UFC promotes fights and he isn't too fond of the idea that he has to promote his own. I've him backed to win on Sunday, but what a load of shîte. Is he too stupid to realise that promoting your fight makes you more money?! He must be sparring with a brick and practising headbutts.

I have cruz to win but in my heart I feel 4 years of ring rust will be the deciding factor. he is bigger than dillashaw too. I really like cruz but all those injuries, he's a ticking time bomb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement