Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Deadst4r wrote: »
    I see they are doing a press conference on the presale date (20th Jan) with RDA, Conor, Holm and Tate.

I think the will take every opportunity he gets to wind up RDA. He got bored of the Aldo thing / ran out of abuse.

He will be fairly fresh for RDA and I expect some burns.

Yeah im looking forward to a face off,say its a pain for him to go out there now during training camp,the mind games should be good of course it might not bother RDA a bit but Poirier and Aldo I think were genuinely enraged by him,and didnt help their cause one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I know what you mean, destroy him at his own game and all that.

I reckon when they exchange once, he will definitely shoot.

If he can't take him down after 2 attempts, he will stand and trade.

But he will take him down imo.

If he's lucky he'll get a second chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I see they are doing a press conference on the presale date (20th Jan) with RDA, Conor, Holm and Tate.

I think the will take every opportunity he gets to wind up RDA. He got bored of the Aldo thing / ran out of abuse.

He will be fairly fresh for RDA and I expect some burns.

He did have about a year of abuse to fill in for Aldo though :D 8 Weeks(less now) for RDA...he'll still be slabbering at the post fight presser :D

What are the sale dates for tickets? :eek::D

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/5mjo.mp4

A Video compilation of some of the holes in RDA's striking ^ its not going to end good for him if he stands and trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/5mjo.mp4

A Video compilation of some of the holes in RDA's striking ^ its not going to end good for him if he stands and trades.

You could make a video of any fighter getting hit multiple times, even Conor, and especially against an elite striker like Pettis. Conor has been hit pretty cleanly my Mendes, Poirier and Brimage - It's a pretty pointless video probably made by a Conor fanboy.

• Advertisement

You could make a video of any fighter getting hit multiple times, even Conor, and especially against an elite striker like Pettis. Conor has been hit pretty cleanly my Mendes, Poirier and Brimage - It's a pretty pointless video probably made by a Conor fanboy.

McGregor has never been troubled once with strikes in his whole career,RDA has been knocked out,this video isnt a video to say RDA is no good hes easily hit,its highlight some hole,Conor has much better boxing and power than Pettis,he lands like that its good night.

McGregor has never been troubled once with strikes in his whole career,RDA has been knocked out,this video isnt a video to say RDA is no good hes easily hit,its highlight some hole,Conor has much better boxing and power than Pettis,he lands like that its good night.

He's never been troubled, as in rocked or knocked down, but he's been hit cleanly plenty of times. RDA wasn't troubled once in that video either by your logic. RDA was KO'd in his UFC debut many moons ago, it's about as relevant as Duffy subbing McGregor.

He's never been troubled, as in rocked or knocked down, but he's been hit cleanly plenty of times. RDA wasn't troubled once in that video either by your logic. RDA was KO'd in his UFC debut many moons ago, it's about as relevant as Duffy subbing McGregor.

For some bizarre reason you think Dos Anjos is a human wrecking machine,hes not,49 days will be ko'd like the rest of them.

You sound like a parody of Conor.

You're not far off, RDA is looking like a wrecking machine right now - people thought Pettis was invincible at the time and Cerrone was on like an 8 fight win streak, made very light work of both. Benson Henderson too. I'm a big Conor fan and will be nervous as fock come fight time, but I hate this idea that no opponent has a chance. I'm a fan but I prefer being objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

The only fight I'd be nervous for Conor at the moment is Khabib, genuinely I have full confidence he will finish RDA & Frankie when they fight. Khabib as long as he's not ****ed after the lay off is a compleatly different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

For some bizarre reason you think Dos Anjos is a human wrecking machine,hes not,49 days will be ko'd like the rest of them.

There's nobody as big a fan of McGregor as me... But jeez you are a one man hype machine stuck in overdrive.
    He's been beat before (admittedly his game has improved ten fold since then) and chances are if he fights long enough, he'll be beat again some day.... I hope it's a long way off. In fact I hope it never comes.
    But to think it's nigh on impossible is folly.... Nobody here in their right mind thinks that Aldo getting knocked out in 13 seconds would happen every single time if they fought another 20 fights.

Lads your nerves have ran away with yas,you're overanalyzing the fight too much like people have done for every single fight hes involved in from ''ufc caliber'' brimmage till now every time ''this is the man to beat him'' anyone can lose in mma im not stupid I train martial arts and compete quite regularly in grappling,but Conor is a once in a lifetime athlete to steal rogans saying :pac: defeat isnt an option he is the most mentally bombproof person in the combat game never mind his actual fight skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Lads your nerves have ran away with yas,you're overanalyzing the fight too much like people have done for every single fight hes involved in from ''ufc caliber'' brimmage till now every time ''this is the man to beat him'' anyone can lose in mma im not stupid I train martial arts and compete quite regularly in grappling,but Conor is a once in a lifetime athlete to steal rogans saying :pac: defeat isnt an option he is the most mentally bombproof person in the combat game never mind his actual fight skills.

No matter how good somebody is, there is always someone better

Dtp1979 wrote: »

I believe differently,there is not a man alive who can beat Conor at mixed martial arts at 145 today now hes going to prove it at 155 too,there is not a human known to man that can beat Jon Jones at 205 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

There's nobody better than Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ASOT wrote: »

at the moment. There will be at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

So nobody can ever be the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I believe differently,there is not a man alive who can beat Conor at mixed martial arts at 145 today now hes going to prove it at 155 too,there is not a human known to man that can beat Jon Jones at 205 either.

If vitor had pulled a little harder he'd have Jones' arm in his trophy cabinet. But you're right, at the minute, they are the best, but somebody will dethrone them. It's only a matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

qwabercd wrote: »
    So nobody can ever be the best?

Well aldo was the best, Fedor was the best, Silva was the best...then time and someone else caught them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

That's not true. There has to be a best at everything.
    Post above already pointed out Messi.... I'd point to Michael Schumacher, Usain Bolt, Steve Redgrave, Katie Taylor, even GSP... I'm sure others would come to mind with more thought.

But the greatest ever sportsperson in their field does not necessarily mean "unbeatable", in fact, it rarely does.
    Messi can have an off day... So can Conor. And again, I say that as a huge fan and I consider him the greatest MMA fighter I've witnessed. I believe the hype... But nobody is unbeatable. Not in combat sports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ASOT wrote: »

My dead granny could still nutmeg a mermaid, betcha Messi can't do that :D

Tyson was probably the scariest beast in boxing(or the whole planet!), I'm sure people called him unbeatable and he finished his career getting stopped by some big lump from Clones, after other defeats.

This thread is crazy, the newly discovered(well for me) ignore list is awesome for it except when other people are replying & quoting who I've ignored lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

There is an answer to mcgregor, its just to find it.Everyone is beatable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dave1982 wrote: »
    There is an answer to mcgregor, its just to find it.Everyone is beatable

027_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_gallery_post.0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

027_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_gallery_post.0.jpg

If he could just walk down the road without breaking a hip he might have a chance.

Conor's not unbeatable, or at least he hasn't convinced me yet. To be considered unbeatable you need to show dominance is all aspects - striking, wrestling and grappling. Jones and GSP are examples, elite in all 3. Conor is probably the best striker in the game period right now, but his wrestling and grappling have a big question mark over them. Whether you like hearing it or not he's faced one elite wrestler and been taken down multiple times, the knee injury might not have helped but it didn't look good. Its not impossible that he continues to KO guys before they lay a finger on him, but let's be real here not every fight will end like the Aldo one. If he can stuff a few RDA TD's before koing him I'll be all over this 'unbeatable' hype, but until then I think there are ways of beating him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Conor's not unbeatable, or at least he hasn't convinced me yet. To be considered unbeatable you need to show dominance is all aspects - striking, wrestling and grappling. Jones and GSP are examples, elite in all 3. Conor is probably the best striker in the game period right now, but his wrestling and grappling have a big question mark over them. Whether you like hearing it or not he's faced one elite wrestler and been taken down multiple times, the knee injury might not have helped but it didn't look good. Its not impossible that he continues to KO guys before they lay a finger on him, but let's be real here not every fight will end like the Aldo one. If he can stuff a few RDA TD's before koing him I'll be all over this 'unbeatable' hype, but until then I think there are ways of beating him.

Similar to Silva, he had doubts about facing wrestlers after the first Sonnen fight, Conor is now sort of the same after Mendes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Devastator wrote: »
    This thread is crazy, the newly discovered(well for me) ignore list is awesome for it except when other people are replying & quoting who I've ignored lol

Exactly. I was about to hit the ignore button earlier but I'd be as well unsubscribing. Half of the thread is Gamebred spouting nonsense about St Conor and the other half is everyone else disagreeing with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Exactly. I was about to hit the ignore button earlier but I'd be as well unsubscribing. Half of the thread is Gamebred spouting nonsense about St Conor and the other half is everyone else disagreeing with him.

Wait til two weeks before and after fight time. Then this place turns into something truly special.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I'm Conor's biggest fan, but jesus this thread has gone to sh!t lately because every second post is the same lad regurgitating McGregor's quotes. It really is fcuking painful.

• Advertisement

I was spouting rubbish before the fight in December according to some people and look how that ended,he couldnt possible beat a black belt like aldo who held wins over ''Cobrinha'' who nobody even knew of till dec,you dont want to recgonize greatness when its before your eyes your great grand children will be telling their grand kids about the combat legend that is Conor McGregor,believe that

Conor Bless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement