Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

What's McGregor doing back over in the States again now? He's been posting Instagram videos of himself and Peter Queally working out on the beach. Is he gone over there for promotional reasons or to help his teammate or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

CM24 wrote: »
    What's McGregor doing back over in the States again now? He's been posting Instagram videos of himself and Peter Queally working out on the beach. Is he gone over there for promotional reasons or to help his teammate or what?

Not sure.

But there's a press conference on the day of the presale for 197 (20th January) and he's doing that. They're likely to announce some other fights on the card as well hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

CM24 wrote: »

Presser on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,337 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Saipanne wrote: »
    wp?
    Wel played
    Chase3 wrote: »
    I believe that was just a mistake in how he worded it, but he did say he would reveal a box showing that it was rigged to blow! So I think it was the OP's attempt to make that point.
    I imagine it was an unintentional error by Dev, but as I said it changes everything.

It's one of the reasons why in Deal or No Deal, switching your box at the end doesn't improve your odds as drastically. As the "Banker/Dealer" has control over whether he offers it on not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Conor all over Dos Anjos verbally already. Dos Anjos trying to stay calm but you could see with that last exchange that he is irritated already.

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Conor all over Dos Anjos verbally already. Dos Anjos trying to stay calm but you could see with that last exchange that he is irritated already.

I was embarrassed at the go big conference when he kept talking over everyone.

But to me, it looks like he is actually doing this to annoy RDA here.

Mentioning his kids, ruthless. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

That was a little too much McGregor for my liking.....he's lining himself up for a big fall when/if it happens, carry on as he's going and there's a danger he'll outgrow the UFC

I have to say, every event people are saying there will be a lot less Irish. Too soon, too close to Christmas, too many trips to Vegas etc.

But usually the amount of new fans he's making etc. cancels that out.

I haven't seen barely any posts about getting tickets and the presale started tonight.

Same on the fight club forum.

Or am I just missing them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

sonofenoch wrote: »
    That was a little too much McGregor for my liking.....he's lining himself up for a big fall when/if it happens, carry on as he's going and there's a danger he'll outgrow the UFC

He knows this more than anyone.

One or two years left, hes making the most of it now.

People will get bored and move onto the next big thing so make as much as he can now.

What was the hand thing all about in the faceoff?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

RDA didn't like that one bit, body language screamed that he wanted to get off the stage especially when Conor was cutting over him he was biting his lip etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

JustTheOne wrote: »
    What was the hand thing all about in the faceoff?

He was taking the piss and recreating the photo of Sean Penn meeting El Chapo.
    It was genius :D

012016-UFC-Dana-White-pi-ssm.vadapt.480.high.0.jpg

Sean-Penn-meeting-El-Chapo-in-Mexico.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Punked RDA again,the man is lucky theres no world tour,thought mentioning Dos Anjos kids was uncalled for tbh though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Deadst4r wrote: »
    I have to say, every event people are saying there will be a lot less Irish. Too soon, too close to Christmas, too many trips to Vegas etc.

But usually the amount of new fans he's making etc. cancels that out.

I haven't seen barely any posts about getting tickets and the presale started tonight.

Same on the fight club forum.

Or am I just missing them?

boards has been down for the last few days though so not much talk about anything. I got a ticket anyway for $305+fees but Im looking to see if maybe get a better seat. Was easy in chrome to get offered at start but after 30mins just nothing. Waiting for the map to come on and get a better idea then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Sounds like he wants a crack at Robbie Lawlor aswell by the end of the year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Gamebred wrote: »
    Punked RDA again,the man is lucky theres no world tour,thought mentioning Dos Anjos kids was uncalled for tbh though.

Agree there, say whatever you want about the man himself but bringing his kids into it was pretty scummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

mdwexford wrote: »
    Agree there, say whatever you want about the man himself but bringing his kids into it was pretty scummy.

Wont someone please think of the children!
    He only mentioned that rda decided to call them American names not that he was going to murder them in their sleep.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    He was taking the piss and recreating the photo of Sean Penn meeting El Chapo.
    It was genius :D

012016-UFC-Dana-White-pi-ssm.vadapt.480.high.0.jpg

Sean-Penn-meeting-El-Chapo-in-Mexico.jpg

I thought it was kind of a win win thing to do. He shakes his hand and Conor spins that as "I was thanking Raphael, that's the polite thing to do when someone brings you a gift". No handshake and he makes Raphael look bad I suppose. that's how he seems to work eh. funny.

mdwexford wrote: »

As far as I know, Bob and Donald are not even Dos Anjos kids names. His kids have Brazilian names. It's just McGregor prodding for a reaction.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Am I missing something with the El Chapo get up and attempted handshake? What has Rafael Dos Anjos got to do with El Chapo? What does Conor have to do with El Chapo?

Am I missing something with the El Chapo get up and attempted handshake? What has Rafael Dos Anjos got to do with El Chapo? What does Conor have to do with El Chapo?

Nothing and nothing. It's just a bit of fun. I'd imagine he bought the shirt and someone said it looked like the one El Chapo was wearing so McGregor ran with that joke for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think it might have to do with Conor calling RDA an American and Traitor so he made him look like Sean Penn (American & traitor (to El Chapo anyway)). If that was his intention, that is some serious level trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

He posted this last night :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

price690 wrote: »
    Sounds like he wants a crack at Robbie Lawlor aswell by the end of the year :eek:

Lawler is a brawler, and has taken a lot of punishment. I actually see McGregor being able to knock him out, far more than I do when I look at RDA or Khabib, who will ask him serious questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Knex. wrote: »
    Lawler is a brawler, and has taken a lot of punishment. I actually see McGregor being able to knock him out, far more than I do when I look at RDA or Khabib, who will ask him serious questions.

As the biggest McGoat fanboy on here,I find this amusing you think he would KO Robbie Lawler? seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

All during the traitor talk i was thinking how fun it would be if RDA knew about the poppy stuff and went after McGregor on it. Sadly its just going to be one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

What are peoples thoughts on the whole McGregor calling RDA a spick furore.

Personally, I think it's very clear that RDA says speak at the same time McGregor says something, which may have been spick. I think it's kinda impossible to tell.

Miguel Delaney (don't know if people are familiar with him) on Twitter seems positive he says spick but he's very anti MMA/UFC/McGregor but he's getting very defensive as he always does when people disagree with him. His tweets with replies are a good read.

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/690116686628966400

stephenl15 wrote: »

What are peoples thoughts on the whole McGregor calling RDA a spick furore.

Personally, I think it's very clear that RDA says speak at the same time McGregor says something, which may have been spick. I think it's kinda impossible to tell.

Miguel Delaney on Twitter seems positive he says spick but he's very anti MMA/UFC/McGregor but he's getting very defensive as he always does when people disagree with him.

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/690116686628966400

Didn't notice that during the press conference but wtf. "You're a spick, you're a bum". No defending that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's clearly RDA saying that word, he might have meant to say speak but it is definitely RDA's voice.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's clearly RDA saying that word, he might have meant to say speak but it is definitely RDA's voice.

He clearly said your a *something*, your a bum. Sounds like exactly like spick. It's not like he doesn't have form for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement