Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

brevity wrote: »

Coked off his nut in honour of El Chapo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

Davei141 wrote: »
    Coked off his nut in honour of El Chapo. :pac:

http://i.imgur.com/765vtJQ.gifv
    http://i.imgur.com/a9WuZCT.gifv

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Honestly have no idea how anyone couldn't hear that it was RDA saying "speak".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

It's clearly RDA saying it. McGregor's not even facing the microphone and we can barely hear "you're a bum"

If you start it at 24 seconds you can clearly hear the distinction between the voices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I was convinced McGregor said it on the first few listens but if you watch his mouth he is stuttering 'You're a, you're a, you're a' and in between the you're a's Dos Anjos clearly says 'speak'

End of conversation here! Non issue as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

Devastator wrote: »
    boards has been down for the last few days though so not much talk about anything. I got a ticket anyway for $305+fees but Im looking to see if maybe get a better seat. Was easy in chrome to get offered at start but after 30mins just nothing. Waiting for the map to come on and get a better idea then.

Joke of a site.. Map was on for first 5 minutes .. Any seats that were seated together were being classified as "platinum", even the ones at the very back.

10 minutes later and I could see the resale tickets being searched for

Hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

is it just me or is the hype for this fight not same as previous?
    im in 2 minds to go myself, would have killed to go to the last 2 fights but couldnt
    even facebook, twitter etc nobody seams to have bought tickets like previous fights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

is it just me or is the hype for this fight not same as previous?
    im in 2 minds to go myself, would have killed to go to the last 2 fights but couldnt
    even facebook, twitter etc nobody seams to have bought tickets like previous fights

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Everything wears thin over the time. The same act, the same antics won't sell the same after people have seen it all before. You also have to factor in that he has been extremely active in the last 12 months meaning a lot of people have stretched to get over to Vegas once, if not twice and have just got over Christmas. Money is a finite resource and the credit union may be your only man ;) but they will eventually stop lending you money till you pay them back!

The hype will pick up closer the time, but he does need to freshen his approach, he has been everywhere the last couple of years and its always the same thing. The public just get bored, it happens to everybody really. Always looking for the new fresh thing but the hype itself will be ramped up as we get closer, no sense in pushing it hard yet.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Everything wears thin over the time. The same act, the same antics won't sell the same after people have seen it all before. You also have to factor in that he has been extremely active in the last 12 months meaning a lot of people have stretched to get over to Vegas once, if not twice and have just got over Christmas. Money is a finite resource and the credit union may be your only man ;) but they will eventually stop lending you money till you pay them back!

The hype will pick up closer the time, but he does need to freshen his approach, he has been everywhere the last couple of years and its always the same thing. The public just get bored, it happens to everybody really. Always looking for the new fresh thing but the hype itself will be ramped up as we get closer, no sense in pushing it hard yet.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Feckin glitchy site with its double posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Rgb.ie wrote: »
    Joke of a site.. Map was on for first 5 minutes .. Any seats that were seated together were being classified as "platinum", even the ones at the very back.

10 minutes later and I could see the resale tickets being searched for

Hassle

I didnt see any map at the start, only came on about 3/4 hours after the start. When the map worked there were loads of $304 priced seats, many together but all in the last 4/5 rows. Many $454 seats in the top sections also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

darced wrote: »
    Its not clear at all, if you listen to RDA's voice it sounds like he says 'speak' but if you listen to Conors voice he says 'spick'. Conor definitely says something but the video seems to be some weird auditory illusion.
    Conor says 'You're a Schmuck'. He says Schmuck at the exact time Dos Anjos says Spick which is how this all came about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Is Peter Queally the new Artem Lobov as main training partner?.
    Seems to be with him in all the recent clips and photos. Is he looking for someone bigger as main training partner do you think?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I thought max payne from max payne 3 came to life watching that press conferance last night. Mcgregor looked the image of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Pighead wrote: »
    Conor says 'You're a Schmuck'. He says Schmuck at the exact time Dos Anjos says Spick which is how this all came about.

It doesn't make any sense anyway. "Spick" is a derogatory word used to refer to a Spanish-American person.

Mind you, with the "Viva la Brasilia" comment, maybe geography isn't Conor's strong point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

LOL @ this thread turning into CSI:Boards.ie with all this "Conor definitely said this", "No,he absolutely said that", "RDA said this", ETC ETC ETC :rolleyes: lads would ya ever take a look at yourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

califano wrote: »
    Seems to be with him in all the recent clips and photos. Is he looking for someone bigger as main training partner do you think?.

Artem is fighting in Vegas in 2 weeks time so the schedules wouldn't match. Artem can't be flying around the place with Conor when he has his own fight to prepare for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

It doesn't make any sense anyway. "Spick" is a derogatory word used to refer to a Spanish-American person.

Mind you, with the "Viva la Brasilia" comment, maybe geography isn't Conor's strong point :)

I'm surprised Conor didn't say "Jaysus I'm surprised you still remember Portuguese you've been living in America for so long, ye gringo"
    califano wrote: »

Artem has a fight next month at UFC 196 so is probably in the middle of his own camp at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thanks lads completely forgot about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Definitely a non issue, RDA says speak and that's all you here. This event will probably be bigger than 194 overall. There might be a few less Irish due to money, but I'd go back in a second if possible, nothing stale about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Chase3 wrote: »
    Definitely a non issue, RDA says speak and that's all you here. This event will probably be bigger than 194 overall. There might be a few less Irish due to money, but I'd go back in a second if possible, nothing stale about it.

This !
    I would be back in a heartbeat. But I was just there in December and Christmas is just over so money is the major factor stopping me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

RDA is talking, Conor talks over him and says "I speak, I'm the King", then RDA says "Yeah... Go... Speak". Listen again and focus on RDA's voice, it's stupid that we're even discussing it.

The guy that tweeted this is an absolute moron, as are the few here who actually think he said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gamebred wrote: »
    As the biggest McGoat fanboy on here,I find this amusing you think he would KO Robbie Lawler? seriously

Yeah, I know. But he's taken by far the most hits by any fighter on the roster over the last two years. I think there is only so much the chin can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just watched Aldo's media scrum from the opening of his burger place in Brazil, he said he was told his next fight is v Frankie for the belt because Conor won't make the weight anymore, so I'd imagine when Conor wins the LW belt he will drop the FW belt after officially holding two.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Honestly have no idea how anyone couldn't hear that it was RDA saying "speak".

On my first listen to it I could tell is was RDA saying "speak". Amazed it's even become some sort of a story. If only on forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

ASOT wrote: »
    Just watched Aldo's media scrum from the opening of his burger place in Brazil, he said he was told his next fight is v Frankie for the belt because Conor won't make the weight anymore, so I'd imagine when Conor wins the LW belt he will drop the FW belt after officially holding two.

They should take it off him now if he's not going to defend it. Can't see ufc allowing him up from a belt he's no intention of defending. Conor will have even more leverage to get whatever he wants.

I doubt Aldo telling truth tbh. Ufc be very stupid to allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

dave1982 wrote: »
    They should take it off him now if he's not going to defend it. Can't see ufc allowing him up from a belt he's no intention of defending. Conor will have even more leverage to get whatever he wants.

I doubt Aldo telling truth tbh. Ufc be very stupid to allow it

They can't strip him. We're stripping you...why?? we don't think you can make weight.

So now we'll start stripping people for something we think....

He'll have to miss weight to get stripped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

ASOT wrote: »

Aldo was told that by Dana after the fight though. At that time Dana was insisting that Conor would have to vacate if he wanted to move up. Things have changed since then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement