Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

That's known as the McGurk effect. It's an illusion. This is completely off topic but the video below gives an interesting demonstration of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

If they take it off him then he cant hold two titles consecutively. Its marketing. What sounds better being introduced as the former featherweight, and current lightweight. Or the only consecutive two weight champion.

Do it in bruce buffers voice for added effect. He might never go back to 145. But no need to vacate it until aldo and edgar are offically due to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

I reckon he'll vacate it if he beats Dos Anjos if he loses he'll go straight back down to defend it. It's a win win situation, no matter what happens he'll still be a champion and defending a belt at 200 IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

They can't strip him. We're stripping you...why?? we don't think you can make weight.

So now we'll start stripping people for something we think....

He'll have to miss weight to get stripped

Going by what aldo said, he's fighting Frankie for the belt next. What you want conor to keep his they while 2 other fighters fight for the another 145lb belt. I'm going by what Aldo said 're read the post I replied to.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

This way, if he loses, he is still a champion and a huge draw for defending the 145 pound belt. No reason to make any decisions now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

dave1982 wrote: »
    Going by what aldo said, he's fighting Frankie for the belt next. What you want conor to keep his they while 2 other fighters fight for the another 145lb belt. I'm going by what Aldo said 're read the post I replied to.

They're not gonna strip him. Aldo isnt gonna be fighting Frankie before March 7th by which time Conor will either have won the lightweight belt and dropped the featherweight belt or lost the lightweight title fight and gone back to featherweight to defend at ufc200.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

RDA tested 4 times so far in 2016. Tested 10 times total with Conor tested 8 times total. Both guys who have never popped. Known drug cheat Vitor Belfort tested less than both of them with 7...

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Davei141 wrote:
    RDA tested 4 times so far in 2016. Tested 10 times total with Conor tested 8 times total. Both guys who have never popped. Known drug cheat Vitor Belfort tested less than both of them with 7...

Tested 4 times in 3 weeks? Surely that can't be right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Tested 4 times in 3 weeks? Surely that can't be right

Nope it's legit, just got to 2016 Q1 MMA, Barnett a close second at 3 times.

http://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

This site is painfully slow lads, can't deal with it taking so long to open a thread. Il be back when it's fixed peace out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ASOT wrote: »

This site is painfully slow lads, can't deal with it taking so long to open a thread. Il be back when it's fixed peace out.

Woeful isn't it? Nearly as slow as an Aldo title defence yet its only been about 40 days since McGregor won the FW belt and people are calling for him to relinquish the belt for inactivity :D

Aldo on average only defended every 7 months, why are people suddenly so impatient because Conor owns the belt?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Keep in mind, number of tests listed on USADA site is number of samples taken, not number of times visited. They usually take two each time , blood and urine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

xtal191 wrote: »
    I reckon he'll vacate it if he beats Dos Anjos if he loses he'll go straight back down to defend it. It's a win win situation, no matter what happens he'll still be a champion and defending a belt at 200 IMO.

Pretty much this.

The only way it could backfire is an injury or a medical suspension that could potentially rule him off the 200 card.
    Unlikely as it is, it's worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

dave1982 wrote: »

In all honesty the fighters seem to be the last people that know what is going on with their own careers in the UFC. What Aldo said may have been a plan at one point but the UFC brass seem very open to changing their minds and I won't believe the fight is on until it's signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Registered Users Posts: 39,337 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

empacher wrote: »
    If they take it off him then he cant hold two titles consecutively. Its marketing. What sounds better being introduced as the former featherweight, and current lightweight. Or the only consecutive two weight champion.
    If they take the best off him now, and he beats RDA. He'll still be the first consecutive two weight champion. (winning two separate titles in consecutive fights)
    He wants to hold on to be the 145 belt to be the concurrent two weight champion.

Davei141 wrote: »
    I'd imagien that mostly down to number of fights/headlining fights in 2015.
    Conor fought 3 headline fights in 2015. Vitor only fought twice. And only one of those was a headline fight.

Rousey and Aldo were also tested 8 times, they were tied for the moist usada visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

One minute you're having tea...
    Conor McGregor ‏@TheNotoriousMMA 1h
    ☕️ @AoifeMcGregor85

CZlumzoXEAEHoWY.jpg

The next you're doing a drug test!
    Conor McGregor ‏@TheNotoriousMMA 5m5 minutes ago
    And just like that an army of scientists show up at the gaf. #RandomDrugTest #USADA #SorryImLateCoach

CZl8EJYXEAEibkU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Is he back in the country then? Guessing he'll do most of his camp at SBG and fly in the week before then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

scudzilla wrote: »
    Is he back in the country then? Guessing he'll do most of his camp at SBG and fly in the week before then

Pretty sure he said during the press conference that he would be doing the camp in Dublin and then fly out to the west coast two weeks from the fight. So I'd say he'll go out to LA for a week and then Vegas for fight week like he did the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You'd think with all his money he could afford to turn the heating on for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

You'd think with all his money he could afford to turn the heating on for a bit

Ha Ha, First thing I thought when I seen that photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

scudzilla wrote: »
    Amirkhani (sp) posted a selfie with Conor yesterday in the gym so he be back.

Was he not already over in "Murica with Peter Queally?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Amirkhani (sp) posted a selfie with Conor yesterday in the gym so he be back.

Was he not already over in "Murica with Peter Queally?

Yeah he was over with him for media, Artem tied up with his fight training so Peter the decision machine was brought over to help him during the media.

These type of photos are currently doing the rounds, I started to get bored of them by the 3rd or 4th pic but I'll ignore that for a second

12645103_820588468068934_678418053544082545_n.jpg?oh=c9558a56aa4a817a1b4c7cf05d94b9bd&oe=57401E52

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Devastator wrote: »
    These type of photos are currently doing the rounds, I started to get bored of them by the 3rd or 4th pic but I'll ignore that for a second

12645103_820588468068934_678418053544082545_n.jpg?oh=c9558a56aa4a817a1b4c7cf05d94b9bd&oe=57401E52

Looks healthier here than the weigh ins at 189

He's got the whole game in his hands lol This is actually a good looking poster

CZsmLwPWwAAgQ0q.jpg:large

He's got the whole game in his hands lol This is actually a good looking poster

CZsmLwPWwAAgQ0q.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

apart from spelling McGregor wrong :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

maximoose wrote: »
    apart from spelling McGregor wrong :pac:

Usually it's Conner, Coner, Connor, Conar, Connar etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement