Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I really hope McGregor beats RDA, it will be an amazing achievement (and I think he will) ... but when the wheels come off this hype train, the crash is going to be ungodly lol!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

DeVore wrote: »
    I really hope McGregor beats RDA, it will be an amazing achievement (and I think he will) ... but when the wheels come off this hype train, the crash is going to be ungodly lol!!! :)

I dread it. And this thread is gonna literally be a train wreck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

DeVore wrote: »

If he doesnt win another fight the fans with half a brain will always respect his achievements,I could see him going into movies or wwe what ever offers the most cash for least amount of work I think he'll be doing it,probably by the age of 34 or 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

In not sure about how realistic a Hollywood career is for McGregor. The tattoos won't do him any favours and his inability to string sentences together without tripping over his words and mixing metaphors all the time will cause him problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

In not sure about how realistic a Hollywood career is for McGregor. The tattoos won't do him any favours and his inability to string sentences together without tripping over his words and mixing metaphors all the time will cause him problems.

So what. He could lose his next 5 fights and still end up with enough money to retire comfortably without earning another penny.

FWIW though, I could easily see him cameo-ing in future versions of The Fast and The Furious which for some reason which is quite beyond me, are extraordinarily popular and lucrative. And are you honestly trying to say Conor's likely a worse actor than people like Vin Diesel, Dolph Lundgren, Mr T, & JCVD? These guys have all made millions from movie careers based primarily on their physiique/macho appeal. Conor's got more to offer than that, and even if he didn't he's got the moves and the body to run-off a half dozen Bruce-Lee style B-movies. Conor's got the world at his feet, he's already won. I don't see why the haters even bother any more, it's pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Tattoos can be covered, they did it with the rock enough times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Honestly, I couldn't give a FU*K about his acting career :rolleyes:

People are really scrapping the barrel just to have a dig. Pathetic!

Some whacko redneck cult leader hiding under the guise of "Christianity" wants McGregor struck down by a lightening bolt :D Him and all 2 of his followers that you can hear in the room with him :eek::D

Maybe we'll loose a few people from this thread to the cult *fingers crossed* lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Tattoos wont be an issue and some other dude will write the script. It's acting not rocket science.

I can see him in movies but it will be a short lived career.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Devastator wrote: »
    Some whacko redneck cult leader hiding under the guise of "Christianity" wants McGregor struck down by a lightening bolt :D Him and all 2 of his followers that you can hear in the room with him :eek::D

Maybe we'll loose a few people from this thread to the cult *fingers crossed* lol

Looks like bj Penn put on weight and grew his hair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Haha that preacher best thing I seen on internet ever !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭creeper1

I noticed that mcgregor has stopped using the irishisms (that Americans would probably need subtitles for) for want of a better word and is using more american slang (whoop somebody's ass etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I dread it. And this thread is gonna literally be a train wreck.

People will just need to think back 3 or 4 years and ask themselves would they see conor knockin aldo out in 13 seconds for the featherweight belt, and realise what has been achieved right up to his next loss. If he beats rda he's infallible as far as I'm concerned.

So what. He could lose his next 5 fights and still end up with enough money to retire comfortably without earning another penny.

FWIW though, I could easily see him cameo-ing in future versions of The Fast and The Furious which for some reason which is quite beyond me, are extraordinarily popular and lucrative. And are you honestly trying to say Conor's likely a worse actor than people like Vin Diesel, Dolph Lundgren, Mr T, & JCVD? These guys have all made millions from movie careers based primarily on their physiique/macho appeal. Conor's got more to offer than that, and even if he didn't he's got the moves and the body to run-off a half dozen Bruce-Lee style B-movies. Conor's got the world at his feet, he's already won. I don't see why the haters even bother any more, it's pathetic.

The possibility of McGregor becoming an actor was raised, I offered my thoughts on it. That's what.

It's really remarkable how many people continue to get offended on Conor McGregor's behalf when someone makes a comment on him that doesn't originate from inside his arsehole and that contrary to popular belief, it's actually incredibly sunny in there. I am not a "hater", I simply don't think he'll become an actor ffs. What do Vin Diesel etc have that makes them suitable for action movies? Size, which McGregor clearly doesn't. There aren't too many 5'9 Hollywood action heroes. A few Bruce Lee style B-movies? Perhaps. He's not an elite karate or kung fu practitioner. Besides, if the point is to break into Hollywood and keep making millions, what's the point of making a few direct to DVD B-movies?

For all that however, most of your ilk probably think he was doing movie research driving round Dublin with an airsoft gun...

T-K-O wrote: »
    Tattoos wont be an issue and some other dude will write the script. It's acting not rocket science.

I can see him in movies but it will be a short lived career.

I wasn't suggesting that he write the scipt, more that he would have to speak it...

The tattoos down his forearms and onto his hands would certainly be an issue, as would the tiger.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

I wasn't suggesting that he write the scipt, more that he would have to speak it...

For some reason I read this in CMcG's voice..

The tattoos down his forearms and onto his hands would certainly be an issue, as would the tiger.

It seems absolutely blatently clear to me your just trolling this forum. You're a long time boards member but only started posting in MMA 10 months ago. You have only made 13 posts in the MMA forum of which 12 are either slabbering about McGregor or his fans. You're only other post was admitting you had "confused" CMs & inches(in response to another 1 of your posts attacking CMCG)

CONGRATULATIONS!! You have become the newest member of my ignore user list!! :D:D:D

It seems absolutely blatently clear to me your just trolling this forum. You're a long time boards member but only started posting in MMA 10 months ago. You have only made 13 posts in the MMA forum of which 12 are either slabbering about McGregor or his fans. You're only other post was admitting you had "confused" CMs & inches(in response to another 1 of your posts attacking CMCG)

CONGRATULATIONS!! You have become the newest member of my ignore user list!! :D:D:D

And you have just succeeded in proving my precise point. You can't tolerate even the tiniest piece of criticism of McGregor and instead of bothering to debate anything, simply dismiss it as "trolling". Like your mate up there who thinks everyone is a "hater". You're so concerned about what other people think of McGregor that you bother to go checking out posting stats, dates etc. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

I don't know if I care enough to argue this but....

If he was going to be appearing in the Hollywood remake of Downton Abbey the tattoos would be a problem, but not your average Hollywood blockbuster that is centered around things blowing up every 5 minutes.

As for mixing his metaphors - he'd be reading from a script. Actors aren't asked to make up their own dialogue on set ffs. Tom Cruise comes up with the whackiest **** in really life but he can still read from a script!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Congrats on Conor being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame :pac:

LRJXywk.png?1

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Congrats on Conor being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame :pac:

lol

I'm surprised he's not announced himself as America's savior and will challenge Donald Trump for presidency

edit:-

CaIiz9JWcAAjBdy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Where does he go when ufc say enough is enough gtfo. It happened to Tito.

At the moment it looks like he has full control. He says jump Dana and fertittas say how high.

McGreg-astein they have created a monster.

At the moment he's Anderson Silva like he is expected to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

SteM wrote: »
    I don't know if I care enough to argue this but....

If he was going to be appearing in the Hollywood remake of Downton Abbey the tattoos would be a problem, but not your average Hollywood blockbuster that is centered around things blowing up every 5 minutes.

As for mixing his metaphors - he'd be reading from a script. Actors aren't asked to make up their own dialogue on set ffs. Tom Cruise comes up with the whackiest **** in really life but he can still read from a script!

Actually there is a make up used to cover tattoos. Many actors and actresses use it for movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

killwill wrote: »
    Actually there is a make up used to cover tattoos. Many actors and actresses use it for movies.

Yeah, you kind of missed my point but I'm aware actors cover up tattoos alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

dave1982 wrote: »
    Where does he go when ufc say enough is enough gtfo. It happened to Tito.

At the moment it looks like he has full control. He says jump Dana and fertittas say how high.
    Apart from getting a title fight, which they would have very little problem with since they presumably really like money, what else?

CaKahKoWwAAUQwO.jpg

If we were to come up with a UFC streetfighter who can we have? Sage has to be Guile, Tim Silvia is Zangief, Anderson Silva has a bit of Dalsim with his front kicks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

CaKahKoWwAAUQwO.jpg

If we were to come up with a UFC streetfighter who can we have? Sage has to be Guile, Tim Silvia is Zangief, Anderson Silva has a bit of Dalsim with his front kicks

ufcs-lyoto-machida-as-ryu.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

CM24 wrote: »
    ufcs-lyoto-machida-as-ryu.png

20140911084632_1MG_5446.JPG&&width=200&&height=300

latest?cb=20120519202850

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement